• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Place your random thoughts.

I don’t mean to be nosy, but is this about the chuggaaconroy situation?
It could be about other things too. It’s not just that particular case.

Last decade had a whole bunch of other bad behaviors like this, such as digging up someone’s past just to ruin their lives. The most infamous example was the Kavanaugh situation, but I could also say the same for the Paula Deen situation. Worse yet, some of these were double standards.

Why did Marina leave my Wild World town? She was never planning to leave, and the last time I checked was Tuesday. Well, I guess it’s time to delete the town The same thing happened with Bob, he just left and he was one of my favorite villagers. Maybe she’ll be replaced by a different normal villager that I like.

IMG_1804.jpeg

me debating about what silly little trinket i should buy myself as a treat.

^ i can’t decideee what clothes to get with my Christmas money…so many options but i want to make a full outfit ó3ò

also my (deadstock) dream boots are for sale on in a size that might fit me but they’re $200 USD QAQ

Yes. Its that type of situation that has me the most bothered.
After I got my post deleted on Discord, I don’t think I’m allowed to talk about him anymore, so I’m going to move on. That, and this isn’t even the first time something like this happened. It happened with Johnny Depp, Brett Kavanaugh, Paula Deen, and a few other people like that.

Retaliation is hardly the only reason for publicly bringing up sexual harassment (or, in the case of someone like Kavanaugh, unrepentant sexual assault), but the safety of others is another huge one. Whether someone is just a creep or is possibly an actual danger, people deserve to know so they can protect themselves. Especially when court systems so often fail to protect victims, actively engage in victim-blaming, allow evidence to expire, and let perpetrators run free.
In regards to the chuggaaconroy situation, personal safety is another concern when it comes to addressing situations like this. I'm not saying he's like this specifically, I don't know him (and don't particularly want to after seeing his behavior), but oftentimes the same people who engage in unsolicited sexual messages and persistent follow-ups when ignored are the type who don't react kindly to rejection or criticism.
For women and LGBTQ+ people especially, even just saying "please stop, you're making me uncomfortable" can get people physically hurt or worse. Sometimes bringing these matters to light is the safest way to handle it, and after someone has already engaged in harassing behavior, I don't blame anyone for not feeling comfortable trying to have a constructive conversation about boundaries with them.

I don't know her either and can't speak to her character, but I feel like the framing of Lady Emily as "trying to ruin someone's life" is unnecessarily demonizing. At the very least, chuggaaconroy made a very bad series of mistakes and hurt a friend. It's not her fault he sexually harassed her and I see no reason why she should be obligated to stay silent about it to protect him and his reputation. Coming forward about stuff like this isn't fun or easy either, it's a very scary thing. Even if you think it could've been handled better, I think she and others in her position are deserving of empathy.

After I got my post deleted on Discord, I don’t think I’m allowed to talk about him anymore, so I’m going to move on. That, and this isn’t even the first time something like this happened. It happened with Johnny Depp, Brett Kavanaugh, Paula Deen, and a few other people like that.
Honestly I have no clue whats going on anymore. Feel like ever since 2024 start all hell is breaking lose..
Post automatically merged:

Retaliation is hardly the only reason for publicly bringing up sexual harassment (or, in the case of someone like Kavanaugh, unrepentant sexual assault), but the safety of others is another huge one. Whether someone is just a creep or is possibly an actual danger, people deserve to know so they can protect themselves. Especially when court systems so often fail to protect victims, actively engage in victim-blaming, allow evidence to expire, and let perpetrators run free.
In regards to the chuggaaconroy situation, personal safety is another concern when it comes to addressing situations like this. I'm not saying he's like this specifically, I don't know him (and don't particularly want to after seeing his behavior), but oftentimes the same people who engage in unsolicited sexual messages and persistent follow-ups when ignored are the type who don't react kindly to rejection or criticism.
For women and LGBTQ+ people especially, even just saying "please stop, you're making me uncomfortable" can get people physically hurt or worse. Sometimes bringing these matters to light is the safest way to handle it, and after someone has already engaged in harassing behavior, I don't blame anyone for not feeling comfortable trying to have a constructive conversation about boundaries with them.

I don't know her either and can't speak to her character, but I feel like the framing of Lady Emily as "trying to ruin someone's life" is unnecessarily demonizing. At the very least, chuggaaconroy made a very bad series of mistakes and hurt a friend. It's not her fault he sexually harassed her and I see no reason why she should be obligated to stay silent about it to protect him and his reputation. Coming forward about stuff like this isn't fun or easy either, it's a very scary thing. Even if you think it could've been handled better, I think she and others in her position are deserving of empathy.
I am not trying to "attack" Lady Emily. How she felt is valid because Chuggaconroy was at fault for overstepping boundaries and he admited to it when he apologized, but still the way she responded seemed like there was more to the story than she was letting on. At the end of the day both sides are at fault Lady Emily should've told Chuggaaconroy to Stop in the messages Chuggaconroy should've never overstepped his boundaries. The whole thing could've been handled in private and it would've been more mature.

Looking back, I'm glad they made The Simpsons trivia game back in 2000, rather than in the 2010's or 2020's, considering the show's massive downfall.

About the Kavanaugh incident, I believed that the purpose of bringing that up at the confirmation case was to prevent Roe v Wade from being overturned. While Kavanaugh was able to escape these allegations due to lack of evidence since the incident was well over 30 years before the confirmation, they did have a point about the Roe v Wade thing. When that got overturned, several extreme anti-abortion laws went into effect, and that was seen as a reversal of social progresses. Even I, who identifies as “pro-life”, can’t stomach these radical pro-life laws that were enforced after the fall of Roe.

normal people: "Wii Sports is really fun, baseball is my favourite sport to play!"

me: "I can name every person on Elisa's team and I can tell you what their positions are from memory" 😅

Pitcher - Elisa, she's the head of the team
First base - Luca
Second base - I think Akira??
Short stop - Kentaro
Third base - Matt
Right field - Silke
Center field - Jessie
Left field - Abby

I didn't check these so I may have gotten second base wrong lmao

edit: LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THE CATCHER I"M SORRY EMMA 😭

also
not trying to be controversial or anything but to be honest, the stegosaurus is a pretty cute dinosaur, perhaps my favorite of all dinos
if this is controversial then this is the kind of discourse that I'm here for 😌

Last edited:
Back