• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Papers Please Mafia: Game Over, Town Wins!

I didnt expect you to claim but eh okay. I'm still not convinced, I'll see how I go when I wake up and read tomorrows posts..

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah im off to bed bye ppl

Uh. Why would I not claim? Jailer is a confirmed town role. There's literally no reason I should refuse to claim.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it's in a private setting. So.

I contacted Sataric last night (mostly during D1 actually) and we talked about SarasaKat mostly but EnderWiggin some too. While I completely agree that his posts have been very dodgy, Sataric and I speculated that if Sarasa was town, then Ender likely was too. The reasoning for this is that EnderWiggin seemed to hold no ties to anyone in his posts other than his opinion on the vote late D1. I do not believe it was scummy for him to follow his own reads on town SarasaKat and switch his vote over to Ness. It seems more like a pro town play to me. What seems scummy to me is all the people who jumped on Ness with him with no reasoning. It is possible the mafia had already read Ness as blue and were ready to jump on the opportunity.

I'm going to go back and read through a bit more. I want to hear from Jacob.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Full list of people who voted for Ness:
EnderWiggin
Minties
Panda1376
Sarasakat

Sarasa is dead. I feel like Panda might have just voted Ness to avoid getting lynched in any way she could. Minties is a pretty weird vote. She was originally on Sarasa but switched after Ender posted about Ness. Minties, did you ever comment on your vote? If not, could you share why you voted? I feel like discussing the vote would have been more beneficial to town then suddenly switching the topic to Tom, who was not very relevant by the end of Day 1's discussion. It seems to me like you are trying to switch topics to another near blind vote, instead of discussing what we have. I may be wrong, but it seems suspicious to me. I had originally town read you, and I still think you are likely town, but would you share your thoughts on your vote?

I contacted Sataric last night (mostly during D1 actually) and we talked about SarasaKat mostly but EnderWiggin some too. While I completely agree that his posts have been very dodgy, Sataric and I speculated that if Sarasa was town, then Ender likely was too. The reasoning for this is that EnderWiggin seemed to hold no ties to anyone in his posts other than his opinion on the vote late D1. I do not believe it was scummy for him to follow his own reads on town SarasaKat and switch his vote over to Ness. It seems more like a pro town play to me. What seems scummy to me is all the people who jumped on Ness with him with no reasoning. It is possible the mafia had already read Ness as blue and were ready to jump on the opportunity.

I'm going to go back and read through a bit more. I want to hear from Jacob.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Full list of people who voted for Ness:
EnderWiggin
Minties
Panda1376
Sarasakat

Sarasa is dead. I feel like Panda might have just voted Ness to avoid getting lynched in any way she could. Minties is a pretty weird vote. She was originally on Sarasa but switched after Ender posted about Ness. Minties, did you ever comment on your vote? If not, could you share why you voted? I feel like discussing the vote would have been more beneficial to town then suddenly switching the topic to Tom, who was not very relevant by the end of Day 1's discussion. It seems to me like you are trying to switch topics to another near blind vote, instead of discussing what we have. I may be wrong, but it seems suspicious to me. I had originally town read you, and I still think you are likely town, but would you share your thoughts on your vote?

Actually if you read the post on Tom, you'd see that it was centred around the people that died last night and his involvement with them. That's completely discussing what we have and actually quite important, please stop trying to bury it because I'm not letting it go.

Also, reading is super duper hard:

@Panda

If anyone had probed you for your role, you would have declared them scum for doing so. I've never played the game, so I'm not familiar at all with characters names. Considering you've claimed something now, I'll unvote you and wait and see if there's some form of CC. You could have claimed something like an hour ago when we were having discussion, now there's less than 10 mins left.

Tbh the next person on the top of my list is Ness. I'd rather not vote for someone that has openly claimed without hearing people weigh in, so I'm switching to Ness.

I had said my thoughts on Ness 5-6 times earlier in the thread. I still find him scummy tbh. Firstly, he voted for Trojan because Tom did essentially and it looked like a bandwagon was starting. Now he's voting for Sarasa just because this bandwagon is starting too? I know he's trying to act different this game, but this screams scummy to me. I feel like most of his reasoning for voting is usually just repeats of what other players have said without any actual quoted evidence or anything.

Yeah but:

Ness did probe for more information, but didn't want for Trojan to actually reply if he was still on TBT (I was not on when this discussion took place so if he was in the browsing users part, I wouldn't know). I can't remember a game where Trojan actually has made definitive reads on players, so his reasoning for voting for Trojan seems as much a stab in the dark as a policy lynch reason. That's why I pointed it out, we still had nearly 24 hours, which would be plenty of time for Trojan to come in and possibly answer Ness' questions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To also add, I'm do also get scummy vibes from Jacob who stated they "had no reads other than Tom". I'm assuming his reads on Tom are due to the suggestion of a policy lynch, then how is it possible that he has no other thoughts on any players, including me who also suggested a policy lynch?

Pretty sure I was probably one of the most vocal players about Ness' playstyle and how scummy he was coming off. He played badly and did things that made him sus to me and probably led to his death. I find it odd how you neglect to remember that consider it was probably one of the things I talked about the most on Day One.

Pretty sure I was probably one of the most vocal players about Ness' playstyle and how scummy he was coming off. He played badly and did things that made him sus to me and probably led to his death. I find it odd how you neglect to remember that consider it was probably one of the things I talked about the most on Day One.

It's true. I was one of the more vocal and Minties has me beat by a little way.

I am reading a lot, not posting much. I am amazed, how Minties proof read everything. Probably I won't be able to post proper thing today (I'm kind of moving to another country tomorrow), but I'll post and vote before the end of day 2.

Actually if you read the post on Tom, you'd see that it was centred around the people that died last night and his involvement with them. That's completely discussing what we have and actually quite important, please stop trying to bury it because I'm not letting it go.

Also, reading is super duper hard:

Haha, I wasn't saying you didn't. Didn't have the time to go through and read back. I appreciate not yelling at me too much like you usually do.

My late night thoughts before I go play league and then go to sleep:

I took some time to go through Tom's posts because he still doesn't sit right with me. He seemed really pissy that I pointed out that he could have sniped Kit (considering he's probably the only one they actually RC'd to) and accused me of doing it. Wasn't that OMGus (still hate this word)? He's playing exactly how he did in GoT and Reindeer mafia where all he did for most of the game was ask for player's opinions on other players and state general broad statements without actually make a case for anyone. He also got really defensive and sassy anytime anyone made a statement alluding to him being mafia, especially in Reindeer mafia.

He seems to be overly critical of town for "flip flopping around", yet brought nothing up on anyone else to possibly put them up for lynch. There was no actual case on Trojan other than Tom not liking his playstyle in previous games. I hope I'm not the only one that sees the fault here in him voting for Trojan in like the first hour, then contributing no more real suspicions about anyone and keeping that vote on Trojan.

I feel like Tom has spent much of the game being his slimy self like always when he's mafia, trying to weasel his way into PM circles and gain trust. He seems to be very pushy to get information after it was revealed that Sataric had a list of RCs.

Waiting on that QT share. How would he have known that Sataric's role was fake when it wasn't revealed yet? He tried quite hard to make Ayaya more suspicious of Sataric. She even said that he was aggressively trying to paint Sataric in a bad light and cause her to mistrust him.

Ah yes the whole "reads are coming" with no delivery. Excellent tactic to look productive while we wait, but then forget that he ever said this. I'm sure he'll deliver now that I've pointed it out. He even took the time to reply to my wall of accusations with a defense, yet hasn't made a credible read on A SINGLE PLAYER all game. The only person that he tried to get lynched was Trojan and that was at the very beginning of the game and he still never made a viable case on him, just wanting to policy when there were many other good options.

Tom trying to divert the attention away from the fact that he is probably the only living player that knew Kit's role before they died. I still believe that they revealed to him who they left a bomb on and that if they died, it'd blow up. Say it's on Sataric and boom, scum removes someone that claimed PGO without having to test the claim.

Tbh I don't think Tom is town aligned. If he's not mafia, then he's probably a hostile third party.

Sorry if I misspelled stuff, pretty drained from uni.
Pissy that I'm up against a pretty basic ass Mafia team. If you don't end up being scum Minties, I'm going to be suprised. You're trying very hard to make it sound like I shot everyone I came into contact with. As requested here's the PMs with Kit:

Kit said:
Tom said:
Kit said:
Tom said:
Kit said:
Tom said:
Kit said:
IMA TIGER RAWR >_<
I'm always blue or red always always
So yah ima blue
It's bad for everyone ik
Shoot me if u wanna, scummate
Care to basically claim and share your action?

I'm not red, I'll say that much
So you're yellow?
Eh what the heck
So basically I have two bombs right
And I can put EM on people
And then when I die they die
Baboom
Boom
Oh I'm Calensk (Mad Hatter)
ooh that's cool. Who are you planning on bombing?
Already sent in my action, can only put one bomb at a time. I can move a bomb from someone to someone else, too.
Mmm.. Can't tell who I went to tonight (will if I live till the next day cycle) but the next night im considering aya/trundle.
Aya seems really off this game. Even more so in the reply to the pm I sent her.
I just hope you didn't bomb Sat, you'd die from visiting him.

Yeah I'm not sure about Aya. I don't know who all she's contacting but she's taking offense to a lot of things so I feel like she's trying to hide something.
No didn't bomb sat, who was it saying the doctor should save him? Wasn't that trundle?
Is sat like a vet that can go on alerts or is it just anyone who visits him dies, for the entire game?

Well we know she was talking with sat & now dead ness, and you.
And I talked to her. And that's it.
She seems really indesicive
I replied: "Yeah that was Trundle. If Sat asks you to claim, don't. Indecisive over what?"

Your first quote (#507) I'm not seeing the relevance to this all. Second quote (#476) was two minutes after voting closed where yes I was pissed that we let an easy mafia lynch on Trojan go because you guys questions Sarasa who was obviosly town, flipped to Panda who I'm unsure of, and then settled on Ness because he was beinga dolt. No actual case on Trojan, however I'd like to remind everyne you weren't opposed to lynching Trojan as well. Please don't take some moral high ground here Mentos.

Post (#509) I talked about the now defunct QT between Ness, Sataric and Ayaya. I wanted to read it considering the scheming Ness did in the background and how others were talking about I wanted to read it to determine more about Sataric.

The QT between Sataric, Ayaya, and I is still not locked so I'm not sharing it just yet. I can't delete or remove anything from it, so it's not like I have anything to hide. Quote/Post #605 took place 15 mintues after the day post. Secondly all the communication with Ayaya was directly through LINE so I'm afraid you won't find anymore quotes to take out of context from me. :lemon:

Nope haven't started on those reads yet Spongemints. I'm sure you and Ender would very much like those to frame me ever more, but right now let's focus on your faulty case. :) That quote (Pst #574) was an hour before day start, at the time I was bouncing between chats with Trundle, Ayaya and Kit. So no I didn't start reads. Also you can't hide your policy lynch wanting ass by voting for Ness.

No at this point I'm more covinced there was more you said to Kit that you're just hiding now Minties.

'No didn't bomb sat, who was it saying the doctor should save him? Wasn't that trundle?
Is sat like a vet that can go on alerts or is it just anyone who visits him dies, for the entire game?'
It just strikes me how she did it in the end... Meh, apparently she sent a lot of people PM's so she obviously leaked her role to mafia or something and maybe was driven to bomb Sataric, who knows. Has anyone else come in contact with Kit?

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay i'd like some more reads from people if thats okay, currently its looking really inactive.. eh

@Ender why do you townread Minties? I don't have time to formulate the post right now, but I'm almost positive there's scum in the QT everyone is referring to, and I can't figure out if it's Tom or Minties but honestly at least one of them has to be scum. Not gonna lie Ender some of your posts are wishy-washy, but the only reason I trust you for the time being is because you were jailed and Sataric let you live, I just feel like Sataric would have killed you if there was any sort of doubt.

Too bad wills aren't allowed... Because I'm not completely ruling out the chance that Sataric jailed & killed one of the dead.

Anyway I find it completely anti-town that instead of Tom saying he was town aligned to Kit when she claimed blue he just said "I'm not red I'll tell you that." In Tom's argument in reply to Minties, he said that he wouldn't risk sending his scumteam after Sataric given his claim. While this may be logically true, this sentence completely rubs me the wrong way. I've suspected him since D1 as scum, but now I'm thinking there's a good chance he's 3rd party.

I need to do some more rereading after school and then I'll post a better analysis.

There is three colors for me to bleed ya know, green, blue and yeller. Either way, it is entirely in my interests to work with town unless things go sideways. :) Also if I was a killer TP, I wouldn't risk visiting Sataric since as far as I was concerned he was a Granny/PGO.

I'm off to school now but I definitely feel like Ender did not get jailed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

With the amount of kills last night it would make sense if the jailor killed someone

I'm sure you and Ender would very much like those to frame me ever more, but right now let's focus on your faulty case. :)

Uhhhhh. You do realise I've literally had you as town all game??? At what point did you get the impression I was going to try framing you and/or attacking you? I mean, I was going to reread both of you in light of this situation, but I still don't understand why and where this idea that I'd blindly support what Minties was doing comes from???

Sataric was suspicious of Ender, so it makes sense. Also
Mafia 2KP
3rd party killer 1KP
Death from SarasaKat

= 4 deaths
Even then we can assume mafia is 3 or 4 players with 1 third party killing role which is pretty balanced.

I'm off to school now but I definitely feel like Ender did not get jailed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

With the amount of kills last night it would make sense if the jailor killed someone

Uh. Not even?

1 Confirmed Kit Bomb on Sataric

Since there has to be AT LEAST 3 mafia, likely 2 mafia kills.

1 unconfirmed kill. Soooo. Considering my Win-Con explicitly states "as well as any hostile third parties". I'm PRETTY sure I can attribute the 4th kill to a Serial Killer or something.

So how in the god damn world do you get the idea that the jailer must've killed someone???

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sataric was suspicious of Ender, so it makes sense. Also
Mafia 2KP
3rd party killer 1KP
Death from SarasaKat

= 4 deaths
Even then we can assume mafia is 3 or 4 players with 1 third party killing role which is pretty balanced.

By Death from SarasaKat do you mean Kit?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Ender why do you townread Minties? I don't have time to formulate the post right now, but I'm almost positive there's scum in the QT everyone is referring to, and I can't figure out if it's Tom or Minties but honestly at least one of them has to be scum. Not gonna lie Ender some of your posts are wishy-washy, but the only reason I trust you for the time being is because you were jailed and Sataric let you live, I just feel like Sataric would have killed you if there was any sort of doubt.

Okay. M3ow

First question:

Which QT with Minties in it? There hasn't BEEN a QT with Minties in it.

We've had Ness/Sarasa/Sataric.
Ness/Ayaya/Sataric
Tom/Ayaya/Sataric

I townread Minties for several reasons, and their posts being generally good is a good place to start.

Tbh I'm going to review both Tom and Minties in a little bit. I townread them both but I better double-check over things just because this fight between them is getting heated.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also uh. Reminder to self: Jacob is kinda slinking below the radar. I need to get a reads post up on them too.

Back