• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

What do you mean by this?

hes here... I don't know why he would stall telling us

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to guess, that Abe switched random people, and the doctor saved Abe....
Bet me 5 TBT, why wouldn't mafia try to take him out. Bus driver could cause them headaches

- - - Post Merge - - -

and then some vigilante got lucky to kill Jacob

I was roleblocked last night. Additionally, I was saved. I've been ghosting the thread for the last couple of hours waiting to see how people reacted before revealing this information. (Because obviously, intuitively it seems like I switched jacob into dying. But mafia would've known this wasn't the case.)

So there is either a killing third or a vigilante (town killing role, for new players like White). Given that a killing third would take away someone that threatened their existence in general, and jacob threatened no one's existence (no offense jacob), I'd say that we have a vigilante in this case.

In a 15 player game, there's just about always 3 mafia. We're liable to have cut their KP down to 1 by now.

Trundle is looking pretty good with the currently revealed information.

Oh crap, I forgot about Serial Killer.... danget
Well do I get 2 TBT for calling Abe was saved! ;)

yikess bye amanda ;A; good thing abe was saved tho, seriously good job doc! well anyways jacob's mafia after all. it's unfortunate that he didn't really post much so we don't have more materials to work with. I just skimmed through the thread cos I'm still at work but I saw Ness' and Trundle's posts dissecting his reads. I'll go through them again when I'm off work later.

Endless- He's basically confirmed town, no one's pointed him out as being fake 'green PR rolename', so he's def legit. Plus he was doc saved and RB'd so I doubt something's up.

Toadsworthy- Her posts scream town to me, but then again he's only ever been mafia once and he got lynched almost instantly bc he didn't react well to the accusations, but atm I'd be shocked if he wasn't town.

Seroja Right now I'm pretty sure she's town, even though Endless isn't scum she's made a few good points and nothing is really sticking out from her so far, but I hope to see more reads from her soon bc it seems like its been delayed tho.

Ness- Town, not much to say I guess, I think I explained my read on him earlier IIRC, his behaviour has sort of altered lately but not much to change my mind.

Whiteflamingo- Jacob pushed VERY hard for White on D1 which I wouldn't consider bussing, probably town despite her behaviour not sitting right with me atm.

GetLucky- No idea, their posts don't really have much tone or emotion so it's sort of hard to decipher what their reactions really are to situations, still very null on them. Also expecting reads.

glow- Haven't heard much from her at all, all I recall is her pushing for White on D1 and she was pretty persistent, but that's about it. Yet again, also expecting reads from her today seeing as she tends to slack on D1's now.

Dolby- For the most part I think he's town, his usual scum meta seems to be 'silent' and not really doing anything for town, which is the opposite of what he's doing rn. A known fact is though is that he's manipulative af so I'm not convinced yet, his content hasn't really struck me in any as pro-town so far.

Apple2013- Pushed for Jacob but didn't really proceed much with it, unless he's vigilante then that's a different story but I'm sort of getting scum vibes from him, some of his posts seem a bit forced? I'll explain in it detail later if I have to.

Karen- Initally I was like yeah, she's probably town if she went out of her way to claim PR just to prevent Endless from the lynch (in which I'm pretty sure it was still gonna end up as Tom reading back on it), but the more I think of it, it would've been so easy to not only confirm Endless, but then that leading to yourself confirmed. Endless was targeted for being a PR, but Karen wasn't? I know it's too early in the game to determine it but still, it's something to look out for.

Primalflexer- SCUM, I just have a strong feeling about him being scum, I know he's NEW and probably doesn't get the full gist but his behaviour overall just seems sketchy, his reads provide almost no unique content and I'm pretty sure he's just riding off other peoples reads to blend in.

Okay here are my updated reads.

@white although you are new to the game understand that I am also newish. From my perspective it kind of seems like you are taking advantage of being newer. I also think that your reads are all over and some of your posts don't make a lot of sense to me. I suspect you are mafia because of your weak posts.

@Karen and endless: Town

@Heyden I can't seem to think anything other than your town at this precise moment.

Everyone else is null.
White Read- You're posts aren't strong either, yes, somewhat better than White's but that's a pretty terrible reason for thinking that they're scum. You have a point on the 'new advantage' thing though, I'll give you that.

Karen and Endless Read- Interesting that you clumped them into one line, as if you just assume that both are power roles or something. This only just makes me more sus of either you or Karen lol

Read on ME- Can't tell if your read on me is legit or not, or if you're tryna sweet talk me so I'll back off you :lemon:

Anyway sorry they seem a bit short/rushed, I'll be pretty occupied tomorrow and I don't wanna keep delaying my reads, so hey.

@ Heyden I threw Karen and Endless together because at the time I thought of them both as unccd power roles. I guess since Karen didnt really claim a role no one could cc her real or her fake claim. Also I didnt think that endless was targeted for their pr. I thought it was because of the jumping around from player to player. Im new so you an experienced player such as yourself is probably right. ;)

And NO im not trying to sweet talk you. lmao I think you bring up good points for town and as you can tell im still kind of learning so all this information about how to post is actually helping me in case I want to play more.

@ Heyden I threw Karen and Endless together because at the time I thought of them both as unccd power roles. I guess since Karen didnt really claim a role no one could cc her real or her fake claim. Also I didnt think that endless was targeted for their pr. I thought it was because of the jumping around from player to player. Im new so you an experienced player such as yourself is probably right. ;)

And NO im not trying to sweet talk you. lmao I think you bring up good points for town and as you can tell im still kind of learning so all this information about how to post is actually helping me in case I want to play more.

Well ofc no one would cc Endless for 'Symmetra the Busdriver', but whatever, fair enough, just struck me as weird initially bc they were both together for some reason.
oh and when you say jumping from player to player, do you mean him voting from Ness to Tom?

yay whoever killed the maf!

it's late here so i'll write up a post tomorrow morning

meanwhile if anyone has any questions for me go for it cause i see some absurd reads lol

I actually didnt mean him voting from a player to another I thought it was cus the pushes from player to player and how he conducted them was weird to me at the time. That is a pretty weak reasoning, but there wasn't really too much other content to go off of. There were silents and inactives but to vote them is a bad play nine times out of ten. But this you know.

yay whoever killed the maf!

it's late here so i'll write up a post tomorrow morning

meanwhile if anyone has any questions for me go for it cause i see some absurd reads lol
If you really are PR, wtf was going through your head to make you think it was a good idea to claim?? Yeah to clear Endless but why, and there were so many other ways to do so as well...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually didnt mean him voting from a player to another I thought it was cus the pushes from player to player and how he conducted them was weird to me at the time. That is a pretty weak reasoning, but there wasn't really too much other content to go off of. There were silents and inactives but to vote them is a bad play nine times out of ten. But this you know.
Ok yea that's sorta valid I guess

Damn! Jacob was mafia? Amanda was town, didn't really have a read on her at all so....goodbye you too. ^^

Honestly some of the reads about me are dumb.

Updated reads list with N1 interactions

Dolby- I appreciate his ability to take a stance on ness that early on in the game. I think if he was mafia he would’ve just avoided the whole thing. However, you are really quiet more recently and we haven’t gotten any substantial reads yet, despite you calling people out for not making reads yet on “10 pages worth of content”

Endless- I feel like the info you have given us is true. So I put you on town read

Ness- idk, the beginning could’ve all been an act or a gamble at least. Jacob super buffed you, and for a while that was his only town read. However, I could also see this as a ploy from Jacob to look good if we had lynched you day 1 and you turned up town.

Apple2013- more defensive than progressing the conversation as of recent. Just because he has been right about Tom and Jacob, doesn’t mean he is town-oriented. I mean he would know everyone's affiliation if he was mafia. The fact that he draws attention to being right is actually more scummy to me.

GetLucky - idk about you. You have made good reads if I’m thinking correctly, but you have been laying super low. Pointing out the differences in your mafia games, just seems like filler for not wanting to talk about the game.

Seroja- None of your posts or actions so far stick out to me that much. You kind of have just been blending in so far.

Whiteflamingo- Got that fresh townie scent to them. The nose knows.

Heyden- I appreciate your full reads list and currently I think you have been genuinely helpful so far.

glow- markedly different when they are mafia. Seems to be so similar to other games where she has been town. I’ve been town and mafia with glow before so, I feel like I have a good grasp on this one.

Karen- you claimed a power role, but like weren’t targeted N1? Idk if that’s lucky or too coincidental.

Primalflexer - Well I always just thought you have been sketchy from the start. But I’m a little uneasy about you giving reads about 4 people and just saying everyone else is null, you’ve seen almost everyone post on each player, so I figured you would do the same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm actually kinda glad amanda got taken out... no offense to her because its actually a compliment I guess in a way
but I had NO READ on her, and was leaning more scum so thanks mafia!

- - - Post Merge - - -

and if I had to pick candidates for lynch today it would be Trundle, Primal, or Dolby. yeah I put dolby as a gray, but the more I think about my reasons for getting him that far, the more I feel like I shoulda made him orange

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also with Dolby, yeah he took a stance on Ness, but really so did Jacob.... granted so did I, but I was also the one pushing ness at one time.

yes -- i wasn't targeted n1 and if you read the earlier role colour PM convo maf was smart to target endless given his claim compared to mine (if they did? still unclear on what happened n1 and if endless was the one who did the switch thing)

the reason why i did it was to save endless given my position. I saw someone say earlier that it was a handy tactic to confirm myself and I see that line of thinking so feel free to keep keeping tabs on me and hopefully I'll prove myself through my actions anyway : )

speaking of which ive been leaning scum on seroja and i'll try to explain what makes me feel that way

Toad you think that he would give away his partner? I highly doubt that he would do that D1 as mafia. I agree about my reads post i should have done full but with so many null i didn't want to say they were all null. Also kind of a weak reason really to point one out since i have seen other people don't post about every player as well and not get targeted for it.

I will give out a full reads list soon though so don't you worry.

Toad you think that he would give away his partner? I highly doubt that he would do that D1 as mafia. I agree about my reads post i should have done full but with so many null i didn't want to say they were all null. Also kind of a weak reason really to point one out since i have seen other people don't post about every player as well and not get targeted for it.

I will give out a full reads list soon though so don't you worry.

hence why I'm torn about it and made Ness null.... i can see both sides of the argument.
In your case, I've always been uneasy about you. Heyden made a full post, Karen has given me other reasons to believe them, glow doesn't play like that, getlucky did it, Endless has something else going on... Dolby also hasn't given substantial posts without reason and I admit I should've made him orange. So in context its not too weird I'm sus of you for not giving out your full reads... so please make that list, I would appreciate it

ok here i go i just put down a bunch of thoughts together in a quick time span so sorry if something doesn’t make sense

My apologies, work was more hectic than usual so I couldn't slip in a post or two.

-snip-

--

-White is hard to read. Their posts are erratic. Could be just a confused newbie town, could be a nervous newbie scum. their reads were more 'gut feelings' than with reason. but I like that they're at least trying. Gonna keep an eye on you.

-Jacob is too quiet for my liking, I'd like to see you post more soon, especially since we have 12 hours (?) or so till day ends.

-Dolby and Toads are still comfortable town-leans. I've found nothing alarming about them yet. But I will have to reread their posts again.

-GetLucky, I appreciate your input on Tom, I agree with you there, but I hope you can find time to post more despite your busy schedule.

-Karen is my strongest town read for now based on her posts (very frank, posting without overthinking (if those merges were any indication), voicing out suspicions, engaging in discussions etc)

- primal & glow & trundle null. I'm gonna go read back again and make another post if I find something.

if you notice here let’s single out some of her reads

1. jacob confirmed maf: she doesn’t really lean him either way which is fair, but also could b a precautionary thing to mention a fellow maf
2. karen myself, a strong town read so early on? I’m sorry but i find that hard to believe LOL you posted this one day in to d1 and tbh your reasoning on why you strongly think i’m town is weak. the only way you’d know that i’m town so early on is if you’re maf tbh.
3. getlucky if you notice her comments on get lucky are similar to her comments on jacob so if seroja ends up flipping then he’s someone to look out for, plus getlucky was one of the first to bring up tom & he’s also been lurking and blending in
4. white i don't really know how to interpret this but yeah i think white is just new town
then the rest of her reads are the generic null, idk, whatever

then she doesn’t really do anything until about a day after and comes out with this:

Finally caught up. I'm having second thoughts about voting for Tom. Depending on his list, will vote either him or Abe since there's likely to be scum btwn them.

why??? this was before tom posted his reads list, btw. the only reason why i can think she’s indecisive is bcuz she knew tom was town and didn’t want to seem like she was jumping on the bandwagon.

and then after tom posts his reads list:

Just got ready for work crap, Tom, I appreciate your reads list, but what Dolby said about Endless kinda make sense for now so since it was either u or him, I'll go for u.

what? is it just me or does this not really make sense at all. first, she 1) doesn’t explain her “second thoughts” on tom from the quote before this, then she just randomly flips back on tom after endless is explained by dolby w/o considering another option? if you are having second thoughts y not choose someone else from your earlier reads list ie. jacob?

ness called out on this indecision earlier as well and i can’t find seroja’s response for some reason

————

now let’s move to looking at jacob

he posted a reads list mid d1 iirc:

Ok here are some of the reads I have Day 1
For those who I nulled, I don't have a lot of substance for explanation, but I can provide my reaction to their posts up until now.

Dolby

My initial understanding of Dolby's playstyle: usually quiet and effective. Dolby is smart and usually comes in as a savior to scum snipe when we need him.

Right off the bat before the game started, Dolby added:

I thought this was fair enough, it's never been a huge problem before.
However unaccordingly to this post, Dolby has spent a considerable amount of time playing this game, being like the 7th top poster only on day 1, and suggesting that he's spent inconvenient time IRL playing:

To me this strikes me 2 ways:
- He's trying hard, wants town to win, supplying his thoughts and help, and is being beneficial to town
- He could also be paying more time than normal so that he doesn't come off as "quiet" or "inactive," a point that Dolby is throwing around my way to make me look suspicious. This indicates that maybe he's taking a scum hunt method that worked against him before, purposefully turning his playstyle around and trying it on others for a mislynch.
Some of his posts seem very filler or just a tad forced, in order to get as many posts in as he can. Does it not bother anyone else that instead of compiling big posts this game, Dolby has been keeping them shorter? Now I know thats not a real reason to find someone sus, but as you mentioned not-too-many-posts ago, it's a change in playstyle, which throws me off just a little:

For these reasons, Dolby initially crosses me as Null.

Tom

Tom only has about 5 or 6 actual posts. Usually Tom is one of the hardest players to read, as his activity rates generally show nothing about his alignment.
But, two of his posts stuck out to me:

"based off numbers" as an explanation for his inconfidence in a third party shows me that he's very analytical. A third party is totally possible in a 15 person game, and I've seen games with less players and still a third party. I came to a slight conclusion that Tom is likely on the Mafia team, he knows how many mafia members there are and thinks that having a third party out there as well would throw off the balance in the game. He didn't give much explanation otherwise.

Toads

Toad is "green" based only on the fact that early in the game I got an internal feeling telling me he was town. He's been posting a lot similarly to the Dethy game we just played, so everything just feels familiar. Toad usually shows himself truly after a few deaths however.

Once we see how his reads unfold with death alignments, Toads is extremely easy to read. I don't want to lynch him based off of this fact, and also because his activity is helping a lot while others aren't posting as much.

Karen

Never once have I played with Karen (that I recall), but her posts seem really genuine like shes not trying to hold anything back. Mixing this with the fact that shes experienced, I haven't developed a good idea about her yet this game.

notice how he pushed on tom, that his reasoning on me is similar to seroja's and then if you see his death goodbye:

Oh dang I had a plan and a long fake read set up

Thats a good shot by someone... Good luck Mafia and everyone else! (sorry for unwarranted inactivity, not normally this busy irl....)

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

so what’s his fake read? based off his earlier read list, tom died already, he put toad as green, so that leaves me and Dolby. so his fake read would most likely be either me or Dolby, and knowing my role as well as my claim (~assuming since i didnt get targeted and it'd be harder to build a case against me given what he typed earlier on me, compared to his stronger case against dolby) it’s most likely that Dolby is his fake read. so for that reason, i’m going to town-lean dolby

given this i think it’s also noteworthy to see that trundle was like the only one iirc to vote for jacob d1

I'm going to buy it unless we see a counter claim. Switching my vote to Jacob, who has at least been here to defend himself but is just bandwagoning on an AFK. Common Jacob scum play.

so i wonder if trundle is just really pro town or trying to bus his teammate (leaning towards the former)
if someone could tell me how many games jacob has played here i’d appreciate it too

so yup thats it any thoughts are appreciated ty

1. Endless - Only pr claim that is unccd. Was rb’d and healed. If not town then wouldn’t doc have claimed that he healed someone else?
2. Dolby - At first in the game this guy kind of struck me as town. But haven’t seen any posts that would help recently. Need more to go off of.
3. Ness - Looking back i defended Ness because he was pushing others, which in my brain was just a bad way to try to get information and the game started. I still think he is more likely to be town but I can’t really decide if he is a for sure town just yet.
5. Toadsworthy - Seems to be heavily defending white imo. She is a noob but when she makes a mistake and gets called out you just blame her newbiness. If i make a mistake I get called out on it and have to explain myself even though me and white are pretty much in the same boat. With all of that said however I think that he has helped out alot. I pray this guy is town.
6. Apple2013 - This guy has been 2/2 so far. I do not think that he would put his partner’s name up to lynch on day 1. That just seems ridiculous. I also think his posts have been very helpful to town.
8. GetLucky - Not enough info to go off of. I asked him for a full reads list but he still hasn’t posted one yet. At this point don’t know if he’s avoiding or just not playing.
9. Seroja - I would like to see more thoughts from this person.
11. Whiteflamingo - This is my scum lean. I explained why to Heyden but i’ll go over it again. I feel as though white has been taking advantage of being a newer player. She has made a lot of weird reads that imo didn’t make too much since based off the information given. She has read many mafia games so why is it so hard to play this game? I feel as though if she had read so many games she would know how to phrase her thoughts and be contributing those helpful thoughts instead of awkward posts.
12. Heyden - This guy is 100% town imo. He is very thorough in investigating players opinions and has yet to really give off a scum vibe.
13. Glow - Bae gave off a town vibe in D1 Have yet to see her post anything really n1 or d2 so only time will tell
14. Karen - Claimed to save endless. However I dont think that she actually claimed any role. If she fake claimed how would anyone be able to tell? Until a claim pops out i am not thinking this is 100% town.

TLDR: white and toad seem like a team. If I had to choose one to be scum i would say white >toad. Cautious of karen. Getlucky POST SOMETHING!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

ww the colors didnt show

- - - Post Merge - - -

endless, Heyden = Green
dolby, seroja, get lucky = Gray
white = orange
Ness=gray/green
toad=gray/orange
glow=gray/green

- - - Post Merge - - -

apple = green

Updated reads list with N1 interactions

Apple2013- more defensive than progressing the conversation as of recent. Just because he has been right about Tom and Jacob, doesn’t mean he is town-oriented. I mean he would know everyone's affiliation if he was mafia. The fact that he draws attention to being right is actually more scummy to me.

You're either really bad town or mafia. I was the first one to vote for Jacob yesterday and even supported his lynch. He flips mafia. Why would I need to bus D1 when neither I nor Jacob was under suspicion? In place of a guaranteed town lynch? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone reading me anything other than town right now is either not reading the posts of this game or just sucks. Or they are mafia. And you know I'm an egotistical ass wipe. Of course I'm going to bring attention to myself being right. If I were to die N1, me being right would have given more incentive for you to go back through my reads and find the scum. Almost all of your reads are trash. Your two orange coloured reads are literally just "I can smell it, they are scum". At first I thought the mafia was trying to bus post-death you by labeling you as town so hard for no reason, but now I think they were actually trying to make you appear pro-town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also my town read on Dolby is now null. I think the fact that both Jacob and toad felt the need to comment on him in such a vague way makes him very suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can a roleblocker block the same person two nights in a row?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How the heck could you be reading me as anything other than town? You must have absolutely no intuition in your body at all.

Back