• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Nintendo Zone trouble

Hayley4394

Princess
Bells
Switch
4972-3835-4201
I went to the McDonald's by my house which is a Nintendo zone. Well when I went to the post office to ask about a present it said something like "Nice try but you've already got this gift!". When I know I haven't...? Anyone else have this trouble? I'm in North America if that matters.

whats the name of your McDonald's WiFi? (if they changed the name it wont count as a Nintendo Zone)

Hmm they might have changed it idk. Its always worked for me until now. But I still street pass the last 6 people who were there so wouldn't it still work for the dlc?

Hmm they might have changed it idk. Its always worked for me until now. But I still street pass the last 6 people who were there so wouldn't it still work for the dlc?

like punchy said
if you have a smartphone with a hotspot option just change the wifi's name to "attwifi" and you should be able to get the item right from home

Also, since I've been doing it at home for so long, I can't remember, Do you HAVE To access the DLC while at the hotspot ?

like punchy said
if you have a smartphone with a hotspot option just change the wifi's name to "attwifi" and you should be able to get the item right from home

I did this just now and still not working :/ I know my DS is connected to my hotspot from my phone too. and I changed it to attwifi

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, since I've been doing it at home for so long, I can't remember, Do you HAVE To access the DLC while at the hotspot ?

Yeah in the past I sat outside in the parking lot and just went straight to the post office and it would work. lol. I'm having trouble doing it from home too

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do i have to delete my main connection to my wifi off of my DS? And then add my hotpot connection to my phone?

I don't delete my regular connection.
I just change my wifi and find it.
I name it "attwifi" then leave the connection open. After that, I check my 3ds to connect it to the "new" wifi and it lets me do it.

And ah ok, my mcdonalds doesn't let you access their wifi if you're outside so you'd have to physically go in. But you can't loiter so you'd have to eat something there to get it.

Back