• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Nintendo DS Lite Yellow Top Screen

Holla

Salmon Run Survivalist
Bells
Golden Salmonid Egg
Golden Salmonid Egg
Golden Salmonid Egg
Golden Salmonid Egg
Golden Salmonid Egg
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever run into a yellow top screen on their DS Lite? (Totally different from the common yellow tinted bottom screen issue).

I recently imported a used Japanese system to repair my old English DS. You might be asking why bother? As I have a Second DS Lite and of course 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games. Well, it was my first ever gaming system and I've almost had it for a decade now so I have a special attachment to it.

Anyways, the used "parts" system was in really good shape and I was able to use it to fix all the issues with my system, but it did have one issue. Both screens seem to have some sort of discolouring. Thankfully I only needed the top screen from it but that still leaves me with one funny coloured screen.

It has a slight yellow tinge but it's not consistent throughtout the whole screen. It's darkest near the top corners of the screen and looks pretty much normal near the bottom. I'm wondering what could have caused this? Long exposure to sunlight maybe? I'm not sure. What do you guys think? I'm also wondering if there's a way to fix it (I highly doubt it). Otherwise I'll just have to buy a new top screen and find a way to solder the speakers onto it. (Urgh)

Below is an image of what it looks like. On the left is a normal coloured screen, while the one on the right has the yellow tinge issue. Just a fun little note, the Nintendo logo is present on one system and not the other (the one on the left is a later special edition system, while the one on the right was a launch system).

image_19.jpeg

Back