• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Gaaah I really want this update RIGHT NOW!! XD I actually am still baffled they are using New Leaf. I am speechless tbh. I'm really grateful because I didn't wanna have to buy a new game. XP I'm looking forward to using my cards in another game! Makes them worthwhile to purchase. It also makes me relax a bit because I thought I was gonna be the only one still collecting. XP

I assume that if the weeds are removed (or like severely reduced) they will change the requirements for the weed badges.

I agree that they do make some towns look nice though. Maybe you can "buy" weeds to plant or something? Kinda like the lucky clovers.

Last edited:
Hmm... I just found this vid...

Maybe it just wipes weeds from your town, so you can play the game with the update right from the word go?

Wait they are not removing weeds forever right? It's been in the game since like the very start...why would they remove them forever?

Last edited:
Maybe it just wipes weeds once on start up but afterwards it just continues like normal?

Wow, you guys have gotten the wrong end of the stick.

They mean "we'll have plucked all of the weeds that you had in your town, because you might have not played for ages", not "we're completely getting rid of weeds".

Is there an actual release date, official/speculated? I've been unable to find anything.

(and will it be released to specific regions earlier?)

I assume that if the weeds are removed (or like severely reduced) they will change the requirements for the weed badges.

I agree that they do make some towns look nice though. Maybe you can "buy" weeds to plant or something? Kinda like the lucky clovers.

That woukd be sooo cool! I've always wanted weeds lol but I wanna keep my perfect town rating :D

Is there an actual release date, official/speculated? I've been unable to find anything.

(and will it be released to specific regions earlier?)

Japan: November 23rd
New Zealand: November 24th
Great Britain: November 25th
North America: December 2nd

Most likely it will appear everywhere around that time.

For more information follow this reddit link.

So um how does this classify as an "autumn" update? I realize that it'll still be autumn when it releases, but that's like just before winter?

Also, why December? No one will be playing New Leaf then, everyone will be playing Sun and Moon. They should release it now while we're waiting.

So um how does this classify as an "autumn" update? I realize that it'll still be autumn when it releases, but that's like just before winter?

Also, why December? No one will be playing New Leaf then, everyone will be playing Sun and Moon. They should release it now while we're waiting.

Could still be fine tuning it, plus they are putting out new copies of New Leaf with Welcome Amiibo included. Not only that but I imagine people will begin hunting AC Amiibos again and given how little stock is in your average store, they need to reprint some more. While a few of us will be entertained with Sun and Moon, not everyone is going to make that jump.

Related to the upcoming update- if a store sells amiibo cards in your area, are they only selling Series 1?

That's all they have in all the stores around here. They must have printed millions?

Related to the upcoming update- if a store sells amiibo cards in your area, are they only selling Series 1?

That's all they have in all the stores around here. They must have printed millions?

I was at Fry's Electronics here in Phoenix a couple of days ago and they had all four series of AC Amiibo cards.They were very well stocked with other 3DS items.They might be gearing up for the update because they didn't have much of anything a couple of months ago.

I need to disagree. I played the previous 2 pokemon games (Y and AS) on the 3DS and got extremely bored. I came to the conclusion that pokemon is not for me. Only game I'll be getting in November/December is Super Mario Maker and I will probably buy lots of amiibo cards for the autumn update. Clearly not everyone is into pokemon and with the new welcome amiibo game in store lots of new people will buy the game.

Could still be fine tuning it, plus they are putting out new copies of New Leaf with Welcome Amiibo included. Not only that but I imagine people will begin hunting AC Amiibos again and given how little stock is in your average store, they need to reprint some more. While a few of us will be entertained with Sun and Moon, not everyone is going to make that jump.

That is true. I also imagine they'd want it out for Christmas time so all the newcomers could pick up a copy. Still it just feels like weird timing releasing right after a big title.

I need to disagree. I played the previous 2 pokemon games (Y and AS) on the 3DS and got extremely bored. I came to the conclusion that pokemon is not for me. Only game I'll be getting in November/December is Super Mario Maker and I will probably buy lots of amiibo cards for the autumn update. Clearly not everyone is into pokemon and with the new welcome amiibo game in store lots of new people will buy the game.

Well I didn't mean everyone of course, I meant a lot of people lol. I'm sure there are those who will be enjoying the update among other things but most of us will be glued to our 3DSes playing Pokemon for the next several months because we are slaves to the franchise.

Last edited:
No worries, I didn't mean to say you meant literally everyone. What I try to say is that it's actually pretty clever of Nintendo to release Pokemon and the New Leaf update at the same time because it will maintain both of these AAA titles in their top charts, and in December/winter people tend to play a lot more videogames. Having more titles to pick from in December means they reach a higher target audience and at christmas the competition against other big video game companies is big. Just from a more economical perspective...

So when is this update supposed to come? I've heard December 2nd somewhere but I'm not entirely sure.

Yes, in my opinion, they announced December 2nd on the "Nintendo Direct" at the very beginning of this month.

Do you think, that the K.K.-related amiibo (there is a card and a figurine) could bring us back the "old" music?

Back