• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Anybody fluent in Japanese and can tell us more about the dialogue? It might give us insight on the campground.

well the campers here will probably act a lot like campers in the normal campsite since this is virtually what the update is.

The new villagers are so cute. And I love the furniture! I hope it will be orderable in the stores, but I doubt it. It will probably be limited to the special villagers. The RV park looks cool. Wonder where that will be located.

It's sad to think we'll have to wait until November to get all the info on this :(

Anybody fluent in Japanese and can tell us more about the dialogue? It might give us insight on the campground.

From what I can gather, they're mainly talking about their trailer-driving experiences or how much fun they're having with camping. They've not given away any hints on the location of the campground :c

Someone on Reddit translated the Japanese dialogue from the JP Direct between Pusuke (Hopkins) the blue rabbit villager and the player. When greeting Pusuke, three options appeared on the bottom screen.

"I want to talk"
"Come live in the village!" (Selected)
"Take it easy/take your time."

There was a bit of confusion at various places online as to whether or not the RV villagers moved into your town or simply lived at the campgrounds permanently after being asked "you should live here." We can only assume this might be the case for the Sanrio villagers.

We now know for sure that the RV villagers can move into your village.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Oh, I didn't notice that they have changed the artwork! We can see this cute little cottage in the back. I wonder what will be its purpose in the game. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

But... WAIT

Maybe it's random, but the way they placed the camping on this artwork kinda confirms that it's not a part of the Main Street? Idk

Last edited:
View attachment 182895

Oh, I didn't notice that they have changed the artwork! We can see this cute little cottage in the back. I wonder what will be its purpose in the game. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

But... WAIT

Maybe it's random, but the way they placed the camping on this artwork kinda confirms that it's not a part of the Main Street? Idk

I like the original cover art a lot better. Get rid of all those Amiibo functionality banners and it could be okay.

And I hope to God the campsite is somewhere on Main Street, the background of the RV park seems to confirm it is due to having decorations that aren't possible in the main town, but it seems so Animal Crossing(TM) for Nintendo to just plop the RV park randomly anywhere in your town.

After looking at some videos, it seems that the villager goes into the second RV...

Which makes you think what the first RV is for. We know it changes periodically...

I like the original cover art a lot better. Get rid of all those Amiibo functionality banners and it could be okay.

And I hope to God the campsite is somewhere on Main Street, the background of the RV park seems to confirm it is due to having decorations that aren't possible in the main town, but it seems so Animal Crossing(TM) for Nintendo to just plop the RV park randomly anywhere in your town.

I can't help but feel they're going to open a path there beside the Museum and that's where you will find the RV park.

I can't help but feel they're going to open a path there beside the Museum and that's where you will find the RV park.

That's what I came up with as well while bringing some fossils to the museum... It seems like that would be a nice place to open up and make it lead to the van campsite.

.... even though the NX is set to be released in six months, Nintendo has said nothing about a new Animal Crossing game.

I said this with the Wii U, I'd much rather them update NL than have them release a Wii U version. Only because I think the series makes the most sense as a handheld game, so you can take it anywhere. I still kind of feel that way about NX, however I believe the current rumour is that it's going to be a console/handheld hybrid so I guess we'll see.

I think the next Animal Crossing is still a few years off. We may see it at E3 next year, but even then we're probably looking at a 2019, maybe even 2020 release for it. Nintendo knows it too, hence the New Leaf update.

I am just amazed that this'll push the villager count to 383+! I love the variety we are going to have. I hope they increase the max villager cap though. Add 2 new ways to add villagers to your town would be wasted if your town is already at 10 max.

So has it been confirmed (as much as it possibly could be conformed) that most or all the RV villagers (besides the Sanrio villagers) would be previous AC characters?

Or will there be completely new villagers added as RV villagers?

So has it been confirmed (as much as it possibly could be conformed) that most or all the RV villagers (besides the Sanrio villagers) would be previous AC characters?

Or will there be completely new villagers added as RV villagers?
It has not been confirmed in any way, all we know is that a few old villagers are returning, which could mean other old villagers will return as well. During the Direct, they said 'villagers completely new to the series' will appear, which might mean other villagers than the Hello Kitty ones.

It has not been confirmed in any way, all we know is that a few old villagers are returning, which could mean other old villagers will return as well. During the Direct, they said 'villagers completely new to the series' will appear, which might mean other villagers than the Hello Kitty ones.

Actually, the wording was more like "villagers we haven't seen in New Leaf yet."

"Yet" kind of implies they were from previous games (or from HHD), buts that's just how I inferred it.

Back