• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mysteries of the Monolith - Ended!

I’m so pleased I got it right, I was fairly confident in all bar the glasses, I was almost about to submit the two beakers when I was double checking each square and suddenly the answer clicked. Congrats to @BungoTheElf!

Excited for the next round, I really love these puzzles, could sit here for hours finding things in the pictures, the designer for these images did such a GREAT job and really captured the feel of I Spy books.

♟Round 3 ♟

The images on the monolith disappear, and a mess of letters take its place. Though it looks quite undecipherable, you see a few letters floating about as if to help you. As your stare at it, you hear the wind whisper a question to you:

"What did they find?"

The answer should be a specific noun! For example, if we had the passage "I was hungry, so for dinner I ate the half of a can of beans that was in my fridge" and we asked "What did they eat?" the answer would be "HALFOFACANOFBEANS" rather than "DINNER", "THEHALFOFACANOFBEANS", or "CANOFBEANS". You should drop any single-word leading quantifiers such as "a" or "the".

1660515199323.png

How to submit ♟

To redeem a code, click the Ticket amount from your sidebar or profile, and enter the code in the "Redeem" box as shown below. Make sure to type it in all caps and with no spaces or symbols in place of "CODEGOESHERE".

If you got the correct answer, you'll be rewarded with tickets! You may submit as many attempts as you would like for code redemption puzzles.

You will have until Tuesday, August 16 at 7:00 PM Fair Time to redeem the code.

Rules ♟

• This event should be done individually, so please do not work with other members.
  • Don't share or post hints on or off the forums.
  • If you're found to be cheating in other ways, you may have your currency removed, be banned from the remainder of the Fair, or be banned from future events.

Last edited:
Welp, there goes my two tickets. This one is really difficult… I think I’ll pass on this one… 😔

While I work on this, I can't help but think...
If every week turns out to be a new kind of puzzle, the likelihood of mirrors being involved has significantly increased....😏

That was fun! I didn't know what on earth to make of this puzzle at first, but I'm glad I was able to figure it out! ^^

I think I guessed it right! :D Is there a reason why it is a submission instead of redeeming a code now? Just curious.
Answering this one a little more seriously now that the next week of puzzles has opened: the Sunday puzzles are redemption codes so you can understand the puzzle format, how to format the answers, etc. and experiment as much as needed to get there. The Wednesday puzzles are more 'challenging' for the Enchanted Bloom collectible.
So it's very much a case of "redemptions being the new thing rather than submissions", though not exactly new for the iSpy-like puzzle.

For reference: the 2020 fair had only 3 rounds of its puzzle event, and people were only allowed a single guess. It was definitely a lot more high stakes, and it was a very all-or-nothing sort of thing!

who made this one I just wanna talk View attachment 452881
🤗

The first two rounds were mine too.
You're all welcome. I giveth, and I taketh away.

Back