• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My Top 10 “Cottagecore” villagers

TroubledClover

Representative of Spades Island.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Spades
If you’re looking for your 10 cottagecore villagers like me , then we are on the same boat . I research these villagers to find houses that looks like cottages, and interior aesthetic that goes with it; the villagers physical appearance, and lastly their personality.

Definition: Cottagecore

Via twitter @PeachesonSunset
930BDD78-90C8-453A-86DE-7E68AB03FEFE.jpeg

Normal and Lazy villagers : their houses, and habits are definitely shouting “I’m cottagecore!” material . Usually, the houses I imagined in cottagecores have designs such as log cabin, and straw- like houses with pastel colors. The interior designs are mostly outdoorsy, mountain , and has that autumn vibe.

(You can check their designs through nookipedia and other fandom websites.)

So, when I start looking for my cottagecore villagers , I am considering their overall package not just because their popular or S-tier. It has to make sense that my villagers live in a cottagecore atmosphere. So , I’m mostly not to pick popular villagers with modern houses designs. (Please. Don’t hate me ! I am so sorry Raymond and Marshal).

# 1 Most Deers has that cottagecore in their name . Beau, Erik, Deirdre, and Fauna wins the top tier in cottagecore, all these four deers has that factor for a cottagecore . You can’t go wrong with them, Fauna has the interior house aesthetics, designs , and clothing that screams cottagecore.

Squirrels : Poppy wins it by far. Pecan , Mint, Sylvana, and Sally also screams cottagecore! But, Poppy for my # 2 villager.

Frogs : I am thorn between Lily and Henry . In the end, I chose Henry over Lily. I almost chose Lily because of her hydrangea wall paper. # 3 Henry.

Ducks : I chose Molly over Ketchup . Just look at Molly she is such a cottage core villager , #4 Molly.

Cubs : Hands down Maple in #5

Dog: # 6 Shep just check the interior of his house and you know it’s shouting cottagecore . Goldie and Cookie came close.

Bears : Teddy , Grizzly, Tutu, and Megan are the bears to choose from and I voted for Teddy , just look at him . He is your mayor everyone! #7 Teddy. (Some may disagree/argue that it is Grizzly the true mayor)

Horses : Peaches is #8 and has the most genuine log interior house design. Aesthetically, her house interiors is not as pleasing compared to the constellation-based items that Julian has, but Peaches’ house items exemplifies cottagecore .

Pigs: #9 Spork, he is adorable and definitely his house is cottagecore . The beach is inside the house . Lucy and Gala comes close .

Wolves: And, of course we need a cool one, and in #10 Lobo his house is overall outdoorsy and cottagecore material.

Special mentions that didn’t make the cut are Sherb, Dom, and Timbra. These 3 are definitely a solid choice as well.

Edit: I would like to add few more villagers that passed through my mind that needs to be included such as Maggie, she is a cutie and her park like house interior is a blessing for some. Bea because her house is as cottagecore it can be. Stella, has that cottagecore vibe as well and her looks , ugh, love it. Norma, that cow is amazingly cottagecore material. Pashmina, she is popular to the community for cottagecore you could try her too. And, the list goes on, but I only have ten to choose from. 😆

Reminder, that these are purely based on my personal opinion and research. These are only suggestions. In the end , you are your own island, so choose whoever you want. And that is okay.

Summary

Fauna, Poppy, Henry , Maple , Teddy, Peaches, Spork, Lobo, Shep, and Molly
are my future cottagecore gang.

Thank you for reading!

Questions:

So, who are your Top 10 cottagecore villagers? Is it similar to mine? Or maybe, if “Cottagecore” is not your theme what will it be, and which 10 villagers do you suggest to be in your island? Please share your thoughts and ideas! We would love to know why you choose those 10 among the 391+ villagers list .

Edit: I rephrased my questions for thought, so it will be more engaging for all. I hope this thread will help a lot of future gamers on what villagers to use in a cottagecore theme. Again, thank you for the support.

Last edited:
those are some nice recommendations! with how often cottagecore is brought up, you’d think that i’d have thought of good villagers to fit the theme at one point, and while i have, a lot of them are the same that you mentioned;

fauna
beau
erik
goldie
molly
poppy
pecan
merry
maple
maggie

love how most of these are normal villagers,, can never escape my obsession with them lmao

I remember how a year ago I didn't hear the word "cottagecore" everyday. It still makes me thing of cottage cheese

But hey these are all very cute villagers. Solid recommendations, for almost any kind of island
I know , I think the AC fanatics just started it because they need a term or lingo to call a cottage like island . I’m not against it, but it’s the new social norm.

I don't care as much about their interiors, more their looks/personalities

1. Poppy
2. Pecan
3. Norma
4. Goldie
5. Beau
6. Fauna
7. Pashmina
8. Maggie
9. Celia
10. Molly

stella is pretty cottagecore tbh ;u;

since you don’t have any sheeps and all...

she has an aesthetically pleasing color palette, a pastel log cabin, and the cutest interior! 10/10 for me

those are some nice recommendations! with how often cottagecore is brought up, you’d think that i’d have thought of good villagers to fit the theme at one point, and while i have, a lot of them are the same that you mentioned;

fauna
beau
erik
goldie
molly
poppy
pecan
merry
maple
maggie

love how most of these are normal villagers,, can never escape my obsession with them lmao

yup, Maggie! She is also one in my back up list , her interior house is more like a park to me , though rather than a cottage but besides that it’s in! My goal was to find an overall cottage design that shout cottagecoare with different animals.

for Merry the exterior , I didn’t put Cats because I didn’t find a villager that has its overall impact cottagecore That I was looking for . But merry definitely is my top 1 for Cats cottagecore

Lolly, Kiki , and Rosie are also my closest ideas for that matter. Tangy will be my back up for cats.

thank you for your top 10 . I hope you have them in your island!

Last edited:
I don't care as much about their interiors, more their looks/personalities

1. Poppy
2. Pecan
3. Norma
4. Goldie
5. Beau
6. Fauna
7. Pashmina
8. Maggie
9. Celia
10. Molly

ofcourse ! A lot of players has their own favorites in their own way! Yup, I like those choices too

definitely, Celia is worthy of cottagecore just look at her outfit! Alpine! Is my number 1

Yep , Norma is my number 1 choice for cows in cottagecore . She definitely on my list. But , I only have 10.

For Pashmina, I love her looks and personality ! But, not my overall that I was looking for.

thank you , you got a solid list!

stella is pretty cottagecore tbh ;u;

since you don’t have any sheeps and all...

she has an aesthetically pleasing color palette, a pastel log cabin, and the cutest interior! 10/10 for me

I did say Dom for special mentions. But , yes I would love Stella in my cottagecore! She does have that vibes! She was my number in sheep list actually. I just need to narrow it down into 10 that’s why. But, yes she defines 100% shouts cottagecore! Thank you 🙏🏼
Post automatically merged:

I would add Bones, Erik and Maple to the mix!

yup! Who will be your other 7 villagers? I’m curious. Thanks . We only have 10 to choose from. It’s hard isn’t .

I remember how a year ago I didn't hear the word "cottagecore" everyday. It still makes me thing of cottage cheese

But hey these are all very cute villagers. Solid recommendations, for almost any kind of island
This also a lot of core is kinda cringe, but ya I agree nice choices still.

So what theme do you prefer and who are your top and why?
If it's at me, I don't really have a theme... I just adjust some land with terraforming and slap scenery so it looks nice. I did get to do some landscaping now with the events but yeah I never keep a certain theme to be honest.

As for general top 10:

I don't really have a theme for no theme when it comes to villagers much either, but marshal and shep are always a must!

Ooh , ok ! If you don’t mind sharing your DA I want to check it out. Thank you ! Yes , Marshal! My current one is a small village theme with random stuff too lol.
My current villagers are Marshal, Raymond, Dom, Sherb, Cyd, Audie, Merengue, Megan, Reneigh, and Judy.

My top ten favorite cottagecore-ish villagers are: Deidre, Poppy, Maple, Fauna, Bones, Molly, Goldie, Beau, Ellie, Maggie. Some of them might not fit the bill 100% but they give off at least a bit of the vibe!

Back