• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Marijuana Discussion

Pretty much my opinion on it. Same thing goes for pretty much anything.

I'll smoke every now and then but there really isn't any point in making a huge deal about it. It's like saying, "Oh yeah man, I just took like two advil this is the best thing ever."

It's cool to like something, but to obsess over it like some people do is just silly, and makes them look silly.

But that's like saying gamers are silly if they play everyday just because their favorite hobby is to play video games. It's all relative.

Last edited:
That's not the point, you know what I mean.

Nah I get what you mean. It's the whole subculture(guess you'd call it that) thing that I just find weird. Nothing against people who like it, cause that'd be pretty hypocritical. lol

Figured I'd strike up some new conversation with the subject because the past few pages all I've seen is pretty much "Should be legalized" "People need to be more open". Which I agree with, but surely there is more to talk about than that.

Eh, I don't have too much of an opinion on Marijuana. Should it be legalised? In my opinion, no. I know this sounds stupid but it just promotes drug use IMO and would probably encourage excessive use. I don't really know many of the effects of it, but I know there's like barely any… or so the people who use it say. Personally I just wouldn't do any drug (minus cigarettes if you count that as a 'drug' because I wouldn't rule that out) but whatever. I think it's an incredibly bias thing either way. People who wouldn't do drugs would obviously say that it's bad and all that, and people who blaze it are obviously going to have the opposite opinion.

If you smoke: What's you favorite way to get high?

I use a bowl (pipe) most of the time because I don't have to go out and buy rolling paper anymore. But my favorite has to be a bong. So smooth going down your throat, but whiplashes you after a huge hit. Such a rush.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't have too much of an opinion on Marijuana. Should it be legalised? In my opinion, no. I know this sounds stupid but it just promotes drug use IMO and would probably encourage excessive use.

Oh yeah, and I think the more 'available' something is the more people will use it. So… legalising it will probably encourage a lot more people to use it. Probably why shisha is becoming far more popular. Shisha pens, shisha pipes… obviously incredibly easy to obtain.

If you smoke: What's you favorite way to get high?

I use a bowl (pipe) most of the time because I don't have to go out and buy rolling paper anymore. But my favorite has to be a bong. So smooth going down your throat, but whiplashes you after a huge hit. Such a rush.

Just the talk of that makes me feel violently ill. Doesn't it feel weird speaking about that so casually? Haha just the way you worded it I guess. I don't really understand the whole Marijuana subculture as Prof Gallows said. The whole way people talk about it makes me feel weird.

the talk of that makes me feel violently ill. Doesn't it feel weird speaking about that so casually? Haha just the way you worded it I guess. I don't really understand the whole Marijuana subculture as Prof Gallows said. The whole way people talk about it makes me feel weird.

It's just you gotta do it to understand it. Anyone who's smoked a bong knows exactly what I'm talking about.

It's just you gotta do it to understand it. Anyone who's smoked a bong knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I guess. I just don't really see the appeal… Especially to a first timer. I don't think it looks attractive at all.

For a newcomer, what's the best way to first smoke it?

Anything really. My first was a joint just because I wanted the whole smoking experience with the paper and all that ****. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I wonder if you smoke a bong, it'd probably feel the smoothest, and with just one decent hit you'd probably be pretty stoned. But I guess that's just my opinion. You could smoke it out of anything really.

I guess. I just don't really see the appeal… Especially to a first timer. I don't think it looks attractive at all.

Smoking isn't the main thing, it's the feeling you get from smoking. Smoking sometimes gets annoying if my tolerance is pretty high, so I'm constantly going back and forth to keep my high up. So the appeal is the high, not smoking itself.

Last edited:
Smoking isn't the main thing, it's the feeling you get from smoking. Smoking sometimes gets annoying if my tolerance is pretty high, so I'm constantly going back and forth to keep my high up.

I see. Well, personally, my point about legalisation still stands for me. But I'm not going to judge anyone who does it or argue with anyone about it being legalised. I guess I can understand why some people do it but it's not really a major drug that needs to be legalised for those reasons, although I can kinda understand how it's not really a huge health problem so… Eh. I'm kinda torn. For me, I think the last thing we need is more available highs. Each to their own I guess. As long as people are getting something out of it lol

Smoking isn't the main thing, it's the feeling you get from smoking. Smoking sometimes gets annoying if my tolerance is pretty high, so I'm constantly going back and forth to keep my high up. So the appeal is the high, not smoking itself.

Tend to do it this way.

I get migraines pretty bad sometimes too, so in that regard I'd say I have a reason other than recreational. But smoking all the time is kinda missing the point, and unless you're getting it for free you're spending a lot more than you need to.

I don't smoke weed, not because I am against it, but because it is hard to find where I am and the quality is terrible. I was introduced to it when I was in France last year and quite liked it, though I usually smoked hash instead of plain weed ( it was easier to find at my school). Then I went to Amsterdam and was able to try high quality weed and decided that when I go to college ( ~8 months) I will definitely smoke it frequently. I want to go to Montr?al and I read that the people there are really chilled out about weed smoking, and that's great. It's been 5 months since the last time I smoked and I can't wait until the next time. Going to buy a vaporizer though, don't want to destroy my lungs.
I think that it is really stupid that marihuana is illegal while alcohol and cigarettes are not. If it were legal, the gov. could tax it and it would earn all the money that used to go to the mafia. And I seriously don't know why people would be opposed to it: if you are not going to smoke, that's a right you have, but why take this pleasure from others? Weed should be regulated though, only 18+ would be allowed to smoke it and no smoking + driving, etc...

I drive high all the time and I think I'm actually a better driver under the influence lol

I drive high all the time and I think I'm actually a better driver under the influence lol
Isn't that showing that SockHead is addicted to Marijuana? But yeah, getting high when being the driver in a car would be against the law btw.

I don't smoke weed, but I know people who do, and honestly, I don't see why it shouldn't be legal. It's no worse than alcohol... Actually... In a lot of ways, it's a lot better than alcohol.

I rode my bike all over Amsterdam plenty of times while high and never had a problem ( it's crazy there, bikes and cars everywhere) and didn't have any problem. The thing is, I don't believe anyone should be allowed to drive under the influence of any kind of drug. And even if you are a better driver when high, imagine if you got into an accident: do you think your insurance, etc, would pay for the damage if they found out you were high? I don't think so : b

- - - Post Merge - - -

Isn't that showing that SockHead is addicted to Marijuana? But yeah, getting high when being the driver in a car would be against the law btw.

I actually cannot get physically get addicted to it ( like with alcohol and other drugs) but you can still get psychologically addicted ( which doesn't mean that much because you can also get psychologically addicted to chocolate for example).

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping Canada will go ahead and legalize it in 2014. Our government is going to be looking at it and deciding if they should legalize it and just stick a tax on it.

While I've never smoked it myself, I probably would try it if it becomes legal. Besides, it's probably almost 90% healthier to be smoking marijuana rather than cigarettes.

Back