• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Jock Villager Dilemma

I feel like I wrote this post. I cannot stand jock villagers and would always rather have another snooty or cranky villager. I completely understand what you mean by missing out if you don't have them. I fully intended on getting rid of my jock when he asked to leave, until I decided to keep him.

While it's still my least favorite personality, Dom was my starting jock and he is just so adorable. The muscle talk gets old fast, but he's always running around the plaza smiling or eating donuts beneath trees. I can't imagine my island without him. If I had to pick a jock that wasn't Dom, I'd either pick Roald or Pierce.

I've been having the same problem! They're nice to have for the personality variation but there's only so much MAH MUSCLES talk I can listen to before going insane. I have Stinky right now as an original move in and I was thinking of either Dom or Rudy or to just have a rotating door open for jocks.

The muscle talk gets old, but so does the constant talk about snacks, and especially bugs, from lazies.

I like the jocks, never could understand why a lot of people don't. But if you don't like the personality and want one that least looks adorable then some of the best are: Bam, Genji, Bill, Ribbot, and Dom.

Usually I like Hamlet and Bill because they're really cute and it's hilarious for them to talk about their muscles (because they don't have any, lol)

But now I'm super attached to my starter Jock, Sparro! He's adorable and so funny. He's never leaving my island, love him too much.

I like the jocks, never could understand why a lot of people don't. But if you don't like the personality and want one that least looks adorable then some of the best are: Bam, Genji, Bill, Ribbot, and Dom.

Ribbot and Sprocket are actually hilariously ironic, because they are both robots, so they literally don't even have the muscles they claim to.

I used to hate jocks too until I met Antonio.
For some reason he became the first jock that made me see how endearing that personality can really be. Same thing later on with Teddy on New Leaf (plus his house was beautiful!) and now in New Horizons with Roald, who's the cutest guy ever.
Post automatically merged:

The muscle talk gets old, but so does the constant talk about snacks, and especially bugs, from lazies.

Yeah what's up with all the bug talk? It's so weird and specific haha

Hamlet or Bam is who I would recommend. I agree I wouldn't want two Jock villagers, none of the designs make be want to have two, plus the dialogue would get VERY repetitive.

I looooove the jocks! Theyve always been my favorite types since New Leaf!

My face jocks are
Antonio (Just look at that sweet soft boy! Hes so cute)
Genji (I thought he'd be smug by his looks but hes a jock and a cutie at that!)
Axel (I didnt like his looks at first when I got him as a starter in New Horizons but i love him)
Kid Cat (Hes adorable, I love his superhero look!!!)
Scoot (My friend has him, and hes just a total cutie! I love his little swimming cap lol)

Jocks have really grown on me over the years and now they're one of my favourite personalities.

I love Sterling the most since I love medieval stuff.

Mac was one of my starters and I think he's got a pretty funny looking face that always makes me smile.

Some other ones I like the look of are Drift, Dom, Ribbot, Snake, Jay, Peck, Sparro and Sly

Personally I always struggle finding an uchi, I don't mind their personality but none of them look even a little bit appealing to me

My favorite is Teddy. He looks so soft, and his natural color scheme fits in with my town really well.

He just seems like a really good-natured, silly guy.

One tip I can give if you don't like jocks' personalities in this game (where it seems like they only talk about working out), maybe try playing the game in another language, if you can. I find that the jocks come across much less muscle-bro in Japanese.

Personally I always struggle finding an uchi, I don't mind their personality but none of them look even a little bit appealing to me

I agree none of them look appealing, but at the same time, I feel they are all unnecessarily rude towards the player

Back