• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

It's been a week since the announcement!

I'm eager for any news at all. Just any small information about the game... they gave us nothing.

Not sure why this topic exist haha. Yes, it's been a week and it will be many more weeks until we have the game in our living room. But yes, the hype is here. I even started playing New Leaf again because i'm hyped for the series to return.

Oh yes, definitely. I've finally accepted the fact that the announcement wasn't a fever dream and I've very slightly come down from the high, but am I any less excited? Absolutely not. It's hard not to be giddy be after waiting so long. I've also picked up New Leaf and restarted my town because I'm just so thrilled and want something to hold me over at the very least until we hear and see more of the new game. As always, it's good to remember what little things make me love New Leaf so much.

My only fear is that my constant blathering about Isabelle and Animal Crossing is starting to finally take a toll and get on my friends' nerves. Oops. Hopefully they can adjust to it until further notice.

I told myself I would be happy with even an announcement that the game is coming... which is exactly what we got.
I would have loved to get a little bit more, now that I think about it. I'm sure an Animal Crossing Direct is coming later this year, like how we had one for Pocket Camp.

I'm hoping for a spring/early summer release. I think I would lose my mind if we had to wait for Q3 of next year for the switch game.

I am still hyped for it though, I'm trying to think about all the other games coming out between now and then and hoping to distract myself with them. Work is always a huge distraction as well.

Honestly, not to be a downer, but my hype died down pretty fast - because the Direct didn't tell us anything, really. Since it was kind of a given that AC would come to the Switch eventually, the only real exciting news is that it'll be next year rather than later. So, I'm more impatiently waiting for more info than truly hyped, at this point.

My hype is dying down. But once I see gameplay of the game, the hype will be revived.

im still hyped <3 and i dont expect any news til end of next month or nov truthfully though i feel like there will be an animal crossing direct for it around that time

Well, of course I'm very happy that we finally got a confirmation from Nintendo that there
will be a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch and I'm still hyped as back then when it
got announced. Just hope that we will get some news soon, at least the title of the game
would be really nice.

I'm more hyped to have 100% confirmation that they're working on it and haven't just forgotten it and just left it at Pocket Camp.

Last edited:
I am very happy but I do have issues with not seeing anything of the game and not knowing wether it will be coming soon or if we have more than a year to go.

I wouldn't really say I'm hyped. I'm more relieved that they finally told us it's coming! The real hype will come when they show us the first gameplay, which I'm assuming won't be long now if it's not going to suffer any delays.

That said I'm willing to wait if that means the game will be better. New Leaf kept me busy for over 3000 hours and I expect nothing less of a new game so they gotta make it the real deal.

Was playing Mario Kart 8D yesterday. If the game looks anything like it does in MK we're in for something very special.

Last edited:
if hype is searching "animal crossing switch news" every 10 minutes and stalking tbt when i should be doing homework, i guess i'm hyped

I'm not hyped... guess I lost this ability with the years of waiting for all sort of videogames
I'm happy that ac was announced and I will play it as soon as it gets released but really no hype here ^^ I will forget about it pretty soon and will focus on other games and stuff instead so the wait will be more bearable ^^

im looking forward to it but not exactly hyped. its a long way off until the release plus we haven't gotten any info on the game other than they're working on it

Back