• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is Raymond worth the price

I thought this was gonna be about how he can go for hundreds of nmt, but wow this is better! I mean look, it even says free shipping!! That is a good deal, actually.

Who is so crazy and spends so much money for a bunch of pixels if you can get a Switch Lite with a second copy of the game (= second island) for the same price? I mean, I kinda like Raymond, but I would never pay any RLC for him, especially not such ridiculous amounts like this one here.

Personally, no! He’s cute, but I would rather get Olivia, Lolly, Stitches, Marshal (oh wait he’s popular too), or Mariana! He’s not worth the price in nmt either 🌿

I would say Raymond is not worth any amount of real life money. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like him, but his stans... they scare me. In fact, his hardcore fans scare me so bad that I don't want anything to do with Raymond. If I meet him while I go island hopping tomorrow, fine, I might take him (though Kabuki is best kitty) but I wouldn't go out of my way to look for him.
The fandom Raymond has, has ruined the villager for me.

tbh, I don’t think it’s crazy for people to buy Raymond or any favorite villager for irl money, when it’s <$20. People buy skins and mounts and purely aesthetic changes to other games for waaaaay more. Other than the obvious fact that it’s against the ToS, I don’t think buying Raymond off of Ebay is… that wrong in the wider scheme of things.
Obviously $300 is crazy, but I feel like all the “Raymond for $500!!” listings are kinda joke listings in the first place.

Back