• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

if you planned out your island prior to the game’s release, are your plans still the same almost 3 months later?

have your plans for your island stayed the same?

• yes!

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • not at all 0-0

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • kind of - some things stayed the same while other plans changed

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

Xara

axolotl girl
Squirtle Squad
Bells
Night Sky Scenery
Blue Crescent Moon
Yellow Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Night Sky Scenery
Blue Rocket Pop
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Bee Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
confusing title because i am running on two (2) hours of sleep and my brain has gone on strike

so i know a lot of people tried to plan out their islands and come up with ideas and designs prior to the game’s release and so i’m curious if you guys went through with your plans or came up with different ideas and have a totally different island than you thought you would? did any of your ideas stay the same or has your entire plan changed in the last 3 months? ;;

I never did that and even after the games release I didn't really have a plan, then I got a mini plan but I've just started a whole new idea so at the moment it is going great!

I am still living my old island design since release.

I enjoy too much trading with players and helping them reach their dreams. (I like the community here too much that it drives me to play more.) At the same time, I am steadily amassing a lot of tickets to search for my dear Felicity. I can't wait to reunite with her.

I can't do a single thing I had planned due to hundreds of missing items, PWP's, perfect fruit to make dead trees, the smaller house size and the missing house styles.

I don't plan at all and its kind of hard for me lol. I just go with what comes to mind even if it means tearing down the whole island. Right now I'm doing a mix of natural and urban for my island and it's going well for the most part.

I planned on making an urban city on my island at first. Once I got terraforming though, I liked the mountains and rivers so much I that kinda did the opposite, and made a natural-ish themed island. Still working on it, but I like how it's turning out. :)

For the most part, aside from hindrances with space and available decorating options, I've been able to accomplish what I set out to do before launch. I have my eastern shore harbor downtown thingy with the lighthouse, lovely, though it needs more nautical and maybe a little steampunk that the game doesn't offer currently lol. I have the forest and countryside out west that I wanted. And then I have even more space outside of that I'm still deciding on what to do with, in the northeast section - it's probably just gonna become the extension of my residential area north of RS since I'm giving my villagers a ton of space lol.

In the beginning I just wanted my entire island layout to look like froggy chair as a joke but almost as soon as I got the game I realized I actually wanted to try so the island shaped like froggy chair called “IHOP” never came to be

my island looks nothing like how I planned it ;~;
1/4 of my island is flat and covered in 400+ DIYs
another 1/4 is a residential area I never planned on having,
and now there's a half-complete cafe run by a gray lil man I named after tea, all because I saw some twitter pics 😭 😂

I didn't make one of those maps like some people did, but I had a general idea that my shops would be close together, and that I would have a neat, tidy little neighborhood, and that I would use the nook pathways. Which I have kept to!

I hadn't really planned mine as such, but was about 3/4 of the way through when I realised that I wanted to take my island down a completely different route and have been slowly, day-by-day redoing everything in the new style. Has kept me really motivated though so I'm not unhappy!

Some of it, bamboo garden and lots of hybrids. Pink-gold flowers in around my house, some of the beach set up, that's incomplete but I made lots of progress. And having some of my dreamies was kind of a plan too.

Lol I planned some parts of my island even though I don't know what layout I'll pick, and of course I ended up with another layout because I changed my plans and made another plan, but now I'm not sure if I liked my original plan so I'm planning on scrapping it and making a new one lol

Yup! Kept to my plan. I wanted four main areas:
1. Developed villager community on a small corner of the island with a board walk.
2. A zen garden with bamboo and lots of water falls
3. A meadow full of weeds
4. A redwood forest area with a walking path winding through trees.

And I did it. Got a five star rating, too. Very happy with it.

My plans going forward are to decorate for each season and then just explore and have fun, catch bugs, fish, etc. I am definitely done terraforming and building ramps/ bridges and paths- thank goodness!

I don’t see myself playing much more than a year, though. After I do all four seasons I’m probably going to move on to a different game. But I have been like that with pretty much every AC game. Play for a year then move on or reset.

Island doesn't look the same compared to my plan I made, but its fine since I wanted to actually try something else.
I don't regret not finishing though since I can add a lot more touches to my island.
My town is incomplete and its fine that way, its better to not do everything at once.

My initial plan, which wasn't really much of a plan if I'm honest, was to just follow a tropical island theme and I had picked out villagers to go along with that. As time went on, I decided that that idea was a bit too generic and bland to me, and I came up with the idea of a historical town. Basically only like one of the villagers I'd planned ended up staying in the new scheme, that being Diva, because none of the other Sisterly villagers really fit the theme. It changed so much that I almost picked Not At All on the poll, but I ended up going with Kind Of because it just barely retained something.

Kind of..I had some very general ideas. Some came okay, others not so much... things look different in game than on paper. 😅

I'd say that 90% of my planning has held up. Some things did change, based on what is available and my skills at terraforming, but the island I wanted when I first got the game is what I currently have.

It probably helps that I prefer something natural and less urban, so I was able to rely on trees, flowers, and bushes to do a lot of the work for me. :)

I planned some areas beforehand, but I didn't draw them in a map or something. I just knew I wanted a residential area, an orchard, a zen garden and some sort of shopping district, but I just winged it working with the space I had.

Back