• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Idea for TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I made this thread this is not what I expected to happen...

Last edited:
Based on what logic/statistics?

Personal experience.

When I made this thread this is not what I expected to happen...

There are often arguments in the Bell Tree HQ board. Sorry for being the main source of fuel for the fire this time. :/

no, we're just saying it wouldn't be a bad thing to consider. especially if it's a simple addon that wont require a hell of a lot of tinkering to add in. i'm sure there's tone of great ideas for tbt that people have mentioned and have been wanted for however long that time period is, but i don't see why you're so adamant at dismissing something that actually does affect a persons mental health. i really don't.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea to consider but rather trying to sound a little more neutral about it. Ugh, tones of voice are hard to convey through text and I may have been a little too brash.

MY POINT was that you're going out of your way to not only **** on an idea and others, but also that you're trying to create negatives to idea where there is none. Gender comes up far more often than race, especially if you get to know other members well enough. Ultimately you don't get to decide someone's gender, if someone wants to be Spaghetti gendered on Google that's cool! Let them be, it causes literally no harm to anyone.

Ultimately yes, you ought to have dropped the thread like you said you would pages ago since you're clearly grasping at straw here to find negatives to an idea.

The only negatives I have actively stated are that is doesn't appear to be critically necessary. Not trying to find any more, really. Also, if someone believes they're some sort of weird spaghetti gender then they should seek help, lol.

Because gender doesn't come up in conversation any more than race...
Actually it comes up infinitely more than race. Every time you refer to someone as he, she, or they you are bringing up gender. The only time race is mentioned is in race threads which are hardly ever made.

You will always be Taesaek (or on this thread #77) to us. :p
Who's "us"? Tae has been pretty much my best friend for years, way before we joined this forum, and I want him to be referred to as whatever he wishes to be referred to as. I don't know who you're talking for here.

this is the most civil i've ever been in a thread cory, please be supportive.

Oops i immediatly ditched you sorry, didn't mean it like that. I just don't think that it is worth the hassle that's all :(

Last edited:
Actually it comes up infinitely more than race. Every time you refer to someone as he, she, or they you are bringing up gender. The only time race is mentioned is in race threads which are hardly ever made.

But they is gender neutral...?

Who's "us"? Tae has been pretty much my best friend for years, way before we joined this forum, and I want him to be referred to as whatever he wishes to be referred to as. I don't know who you're talking for here.

Us = everyone viewing the thread right now. :)

This whole discussion is funny to me because let's look at the pros and cons.

Pros:
People can feel more comfortable with how people refer to them
If people are uncomfortable with showing their gender they can leave it blank

Cons:
?????? Literally nothing ???????

If it makes people more comfortable and there's no drawbacks to it, why not do it....?

Personal experience.

Sorry, that's not a very good source, because based on my personal experience, gender can come up in 1 out of 4 sentences, but race can come up only once per meeting a person. So if I say thousands of sentences to one person, gender is going to be coming up 250 times more often than race.

And my personal experience would be equally as credible as your personal experience.

But they is gender neutral...?

Us = everyone viewing the thread right now. :)

Yes, they is gender neutral. Notice the word gender. Every time you use pronouns towards someone their gender(s) or lack thereof are being brought up.
And I see plenty of people who are either Tae's friends or people who respect him in general viewing the thread, not people who just see him as "#77" or whatever. Way to dehumanize someone.

Pros:

Cons:

If it makes people more comfortable and there's no drawbacks to it, why not do it....?

The cons are that the system has to be implemented which could take a few hours and cause minor site disruption whilst it's being added in but that's about it to be honest. :p

Pros:

Cons:

I was just about to write that I don't understand the negatives of this.

Personal experience.
I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea to consider but rather trying to sound a little more neutral about it. Ugh, tones of voice are hard to convey through text and I may have been a little too brash.

i don't see your reasoning towards the race/gender comparison you've made because it really lacks any form of sense whatsoever. you don't sound neutral about it at all though? that's why i'm so confused. like i stated before, nobody said it needs to come into effect right this minute. just that it's something a lot of people apparently are willing to fully support / justify the potential importance of it being an added feature to the bell tree.

bless your soul kai. the same goes to you 100%. i know you're not as misgendered on tbt as i seem to be, but it still breaks my heart knowing you're ever misgendered to begin with.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The cons are that the system has to be implemented which could take a few hours and cause minor site disruption whilst it's being added in but that's about it to be honest. :p

there literally is no con..
THIS CAN BE A "con" TOWARDS LITERALLY ANY SITE UPDATES WHAT SO EVER??

you're literally talking to just talk now.

Last edited:
Boohoo site disruption, that has never happened before. Easter egg hunt? What are you talking about the site was totally fine the whole time.

So basically you're saying no changes should ever be made because you'd have to not use the site for a few hours? Really?

Oh no, your use of a website for maybe an hour at most is more important than making someone feel comfortable in their own skin. How tragic. I'm crying for you.

And I see plenty of people who are either Tae's friends or people who respect him in general viewing the thread, not people who just see him as "#77" or whatever. Way to dehumanize someone.

Well, I meant like "oh, what's written in post #77 is really something to consider".

Surprised nobody's started bickering about the differences between gender and sex, but let's not begin bickering about yet another thing. Just throwing my wandering mind's thoughts out there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back