• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Idea for TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
With other forums is could have been worked into the framework for the forum itself, whereas Jeremy/Justin might have to go looking for a code to add the feature on vBul.

I don't really see how it's inconvenient.

How many updates do you see to this site excluding events that have visible changes? Not many.

If you go about tweaking stuff, something might break. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm not sure how it would be implemented... as a sort of opt-in thing, I assume?

Yea other vbulliten sites have it. It's just a code I don't think it could break.

No thanks I want a cute user title not pronouns

I meant just slipping it in at the end. For example, "bingbong.tenhourguy.com" would change to "bingbong.tenhourguy.com ♂". But hey, might mess up the character limit for some and if it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to you then that's fair enough. I just find it unnecessary. :p

Ignore that I skipped over the fact it already says tenhourguy.

Last edited:
I meant just slipping it in at the end. For example, "bingbong.tenhourguy.com" would change to "bingbong.tenhourguy.com ♂". But hey, might mess up the character limit for some and if it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to you then that's fair enough. I just find it unnecessary. :p

Ignore that I skipped over the fact it already says tenhourguy.

You might find it unnecessary but there are people on this site, namely trans and nb people, who don't like being misgendered. I personally don't think they should have to make their usertitle tacky looking just for people to refer to them with the correct pronouns but hey.

You might find it unnecessary but there are people on this site, namely trans and nb people, who don't like being misgendered. I personally don't think they should have to make their usertitle tacky looking just for people to refer to them with the correct pronouns but hey.

This was my main reason for proposing it. I know that there are some trans/non-binary people on this site and I wanted to help them stop being mislabeled.

Cory has no visible gender here so you don't need to be trans to be mislabelled. :p

Anyway, I'm just digging myself a hole here.

If you think it's a good idea then by all means get as much support as possible for it.

Just stating my opinion but won't/can't do anything to stop you from attempting to persuade Jeremy or anyone else in charge from implementing such a feature.

Support. I keep getting called a "she" haha. JUST BECAUSE 70% OF THIS SITE IS FEMALE-

hahaha

Cory has no visible gender here so you don't need to be trans to be mislabelled. :p

Anyway, I'm just digging myself a hole here.

If you think it's a good idea then by all means get as much support as possible for it.

Just stating my opinion but won't/can't do anything to stop you from attempting to persuade Jeremy or anyone else in charge from implementing such a feature.

??? Cory's a guy I don't know what you're getting at there but I realize cis people can be misgendered as well. I said "namely" because trans and nb people are affected most by it considering it'll stir up dysphoria.

??? Cory's a guy I don't know what you're getting at there but I realize cis people can be misgendered as well. I said "namely" because trans and nb people are affected most by it considering it'll stir up dysphoria.

in his defense Cory can be a guy or girls name.

in his defense Cory can be a guy or girls name.

I've never heard of a girl named Cory but like I know you're a guy that's what I'm getting at. Unless you've recently realized you weren't or something then my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back