• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

I feel like nobody is really happy with the game

The fans are too particular.
They want both the same thing and something really new.

im pretty happy lol it’s a really nice game only things i dont like are how golden tools break im not the biggest fan of crafting but ill get used to it and im kind of sad that theres nothing like club tortimer but hopefully it’ll come in an update

oh and dream towns were good too

Last edited:
I'm liking the game more than NL and all of the past instalments, there are so many things that have been added and I think a lot of people forget that because they are upset content that was in NL was cut from the base game. People need to remember that patches and updates exist in this game, so cut content and even other annoyances are likely to be remedied over time; the Easter event and the Earth day event are telling that this game will likely be getting updates frequently. They also acted fast to patch out the duping exploit, so I also have no doubt that they are pedantic about the game in general, which is a very good thing.

The fact that a lot of people think the base game is the best AC game when it can only go up with updates is telling.

Overall I'm happy with the game. I do have my complaints, but overall I'm finding it is giving me more to do than New Leaf. I got bored with New Leaf so fast. Of course, the same thing could happen with New Horizons, but I hope not.

So upset with this game, I bought it thinking it was an upgrade of HH and NL but instead I bought an unfinished game. I don't know what to do, I get it people say "Oh well you're supposed to play like X" but when are you told that? When was I told that I was getting an unfinished game? I feel scammed. I'm already so bored with this. I didn't like new leaf but I have a new found appreciation for it.

Even if Nintendo gave us all the features to start out with, you'd have time traveled and got them all in a couple weeks, and then get bored of the game in a month, exactly like now. I haven't even unlocked path making yet, so I am long from finishing everything in the game.

I'd would suggest slowing things down. While Nintendo is holding some content back from us until we're ready for it, that doesn't mean the game is unfinished. Since it's impossible for Nintendo to stop time-traveling, it's possible this is the next best solution during the game's initial release. Even if that's not the case, Nintendo isn't going to leave the game in it's current condition. They will be working on content over the next year or more.

Think of it like buying a subscription to Disney+, and you have to wait a week for every new episode of The Mandalorian. You can't just time travel and see the entire season in 1 day. You have to wait with the rest of us. You shouldn't complain and say you feel scammed because the the show didn't release all episodes on day 1.

Last edited:
I love it. I'm having a blast. The only things that annoy me are how frequently the tools break, and Nook Tickets costing 2000 miles. But otherwise, I think this game has brought a lot of improvements. I'm excited to see what future updates bring.

Even if Nintendo gave us all the features to start out with, you'd have time traveled and got them all in a couple weeks, and then get bored of the game in a month, exactly like now. I haven't even unlocked path making yet, so I am long from finishing everything in the game.

I'd would suggest slowing things down. While Nintendo is holding some content back from us until we're ready for it, that doesn't mean the game is unfinished. Since it's impossible for Nintendo to stop time-traveling, it's possible this is the next best solution during the game's initial release. Even if that's not the case, Nintendo isn't going to leave the game in it's current condition. They will be working on content over the next year or more.

Think of it like buying a subscription to Disney+, and you have to wait a week for every new episode of The Mandalorian. You can't just time travel and see the entire season in 1 day. You have to wait with the rest of us. You shouldn't complain and say you feel scammed because the the show didn't release all episodes on day 1.
Well, I've played the older games and never had this problem with time traveling. My friends, who aren't time traveling are also bored. I didn't do everything in day 1, I didn't buy a sketch I bought a full picture. Also if I bought a subscription service to things like that I would know "Okay they're gonna upload more episodes later" like how Netflix does it, if the show is good I'll be happy because I know what I was getting and I'll wait. This is Animal Crossing, not a subscription service.

Last edited:
There are a few things I like about this game but the cons at this point outweigh the pros. For example, the lack of quality fish/bugs. How in the hell are we supposed to build bridges, buy merchandise, upgrade our house if sea bass and horse mackerel make up 90+% of what we catch?

ACNL gave you so many options. Going to the island during the day could bring in a fair amount of bells. At night you could make enough to pay for a new public works, buy Gracie, Grace furniture, pay for a house upgrade. I don’t mind a little grind but the balance between trash fish and better quality fish/bugs is unacceptable.

Disappointing to hear that they are ruining the holidays, as well, by making them revolve around the clunky crafting mechanic. Also everyone is way too optimistic about them adding super basic features, like having more than 5 basic furniture sets, which they couldn't be bothered to include on release, in these updates. They only promised us holidays, but I believe that everyone is displacing any potential disappointment into unrealistic optimism with these updates. Heck, I was browsing a forum where people were talking about how disappointed they were with the music, and people were seriously saying that they thought Nintendo would release better hourly tracks in the updates...get realistic, people!
People love doing ANYTHING for Nintendo, but when someone else does it it's a big deal. Look at No Man's Sky, they LIED and gave an unfinished game. Look at Metal Gear Solid 5, while some people liked it it was STILL and unfinished game. Why is it okay if Nintendo does this? Why doesn't this game have basic things and why is it FILLED with glitches? I can understand duplication glitches because people will do crazy things for those, but this game was delayed twice and we've been waiting like what, 8 years?

My friends, who aren't time traveling are also bored.

Some people like different things. Maybe Animal Crossing just isn't your thing, and that's okay. There are games out there some people love, and I don't.

Well, I've played the older games and never had this problem with time traveling.

That's because updating games on older Nintendo consoles wasn't as easy as the Switch makes it, so software updates almost never happened, unless it was a patch. New Leaf's expansion was an exception, and they ended up rebranding the game based on how they did it (Welcome Amiibo).

If Nintendo could have easily have pushed updates in past games, we'd probably have seen similar things.

I didn't buy a sketch I bought a full picture.

Well if you yell at the artist about scamming you before she/he can finish, that's kinda rude.

Last edited:
So far, I play everyday start on Monday and I love it. I don't time travel so I have a lot of thing to do. c:

Know this is going to make some people mad, but y'all realize that people can complain/be disappointed about things without completely hating the game...right? Also, I absolutely hate how some of you guys are getting upset with others for seeing the game less than perfect. It's their opinion, and I didn't realize that we were only allowed to have positive opinions about the game. I absolutely love the game, but it is quite grating how some of you guys are discouraging people for expressing perfectly normal feelings about this title.

Oh, absolutely. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and no one should belittle or undermine how they feel. This is also a discussion forum, and I think you can still discuss complaints and criticisms without being rude to others.

I've logged a really shameful amount of hours on this game so far lol. I love it!

But I do have worries about some things. And I'm going to express them to the people who might understand or have an answer.

But it's really really fun so far. I TT and I am far from bored. :)

The town plaza's new makeover after getting the Town Hall is helping the town's aesthetics really well. I'm impressed every time I see it. Especially after seeing a tent in a patch of dirt for so long

Last edited:
Some people like different things. Maybe Animal Crossing just isn't your thing, and that's okay. There are games out there some people love, and I don't.

That's because updating games on older Nintendo consoles wasn't as easy as the Switch makes it, so software updates almost never happened, unless it was a patch. New Leaf's expansion was an exception, and they ended up rebranding the game based on how they did it (Welcome Amiibo).

If Nintendo could have easily have pushed updates in past games, we'd probably have seen similar things.

Well if you yell at the artist about scamming you before she/he can finish, that's kinda rude.

Well no real artist would/should sell you an unfinished piece, just sayin'. It'd be like the artist selling you a sketch, and then giving a really vague promise of coming back later to fix it. Wouldn't that seem a bit odd to you? Granted with this game, the "sketch" we've gotten so far has been awesome and tons of fun! That being said, it is ultimately still a "sketch" instead of the comprehensive product. I definitely am not leaving this game anytime soon, but am I wrong for being a little disappointed at being sold a "sketch" instead of the full, finished product?

Last edited:
People love doing ANYTHING for Nintendo, but when someone else does it it's a big deal. Look at No Man's Sky, they LIED and gave an unfinished game.

no man's sky has been massively updated and is considered by many to be a great game now so it's not the best example. i know that there are reasons to be worried or upset but don't give up yet

Look at No Man's Sky, they LIED and gave an unfinished game.

no mans sky was also crowdfunded. with a massive amount of money that was donated before the game release, AND a bunch of promises, i can 100% understand why people were upset with the lack of content at launch. i don't recall nintendo making huge promises about new horizons that havent been filled. you paid $60 and got what was advertised. you can be disappointed by a lack of content for sure but they had trailers for all of the big new features and delivered on that.
glitches though, idk. they could have tested more on that. i haven't seen any but the duping one which was a big issue, but they patched it fairly quick as well.

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE this game and definitely think it's the best AC game. I can probably safely say this is my favorite video game of all time.

I'm not TT-ing and I have never run out of things to do in a day or gotten bored. My visitors have been very varied...Wisp, Gulliver, Sahara, Mabel, and Celeste. Every day I do my daily chores first and then I spend the rest of the day doing any combination of the following:

Fishing/bugs
Nook Mile grinding
Planting flowers/trees
Exploring islands
Hunting tarantulas

I also talk to my villagers every time I see them and they ask for lots of favors and give me gifts.

I am ONLY looking at what is in front of me currently and not stressing about what's "missing", because I know by the time I progress there will be updates with more to do. I am 200% happy with this game.

Back