• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

I feel like nobody is really happy with the game

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Idk with new leaf it seemed like most everyone loved it and I didn’t see nearly as many complaints as with this one. Does nobody actually enjoy the game for what it is?

I love this game. It’s my favorite in the series, I love the crafting. I’m not upset with the NPC cuts because I’m almost certain they will be back. Idk I feel like Nintendo will release updates beyond just for the holidays.

I'm really happy with it! It's probably my favorite so far! I think the NPCs will be back too, especially since they've confirmed Leif for Earth Day! I love NH so much <3

its my favorite so far. a little lashback from a new release is natural, especially when theyve changed so much about it (like ive said in previous posts, i think a lot of the lashback is from the fact they removed many nostalgic features for people, so while new people to the game are incredibly pleased with this being the widest reaching AC game to date, old fans seem frustrated)

ive said multiple times its the best game ever made. im loving it

Im enjoying it quite a bit!! A little frustrated with hunting down raymond currently, but its really enjoyable
Having criticism for a game doesnt mean ones unhappy woth the game.

While I personally dislike just how slowly one even gets the clothing shop in game that doesnt stop me from enjoying it! I also dislike how incredibly difficult ot is to get certain islands, but that's because I'm no gambling man.

Oh, trust me, there was complaining about New Leaf as well. I was only a lurker back then, but don't let that fool you.

Anyway, I love the game! A few criticisms here and there aside, it's great.

I mean, the lack of content currently available is discouraging. So far I've gotten Wisp three times and Gulliver two times, it's just boring to get the same thing this many times withing a single week. And the beginning is really lackluster.

I’m extremely happy with it. I like it the best out of all the games. The villagers and the interactions as well as the improved graphics and the nook miles plus mini goals make the overall experience very immersive for me. I can’t put this game down for too long. In previous games, I usually just do my daily tasks and log off. But this game, I just want to keep playing. I also love the ample amount of control and freedom this game gave us with choosing plots, moving things and terraforming. I play more relaxed now.

I do like this game a lot but I don't love it right now. Like, maybe rate it a 7/8 out of 10 compared to a 9 for NL.
There are so many great adds, I actually do love crafting as it's interesting but the cut or changed features kind of upset me.

I'm more hopeful of them reading NPCs but for the smaller changed features, like
all tools including golden tools breaking
I'm not a fan of. The changed housing dimensions also sit kinda weirdly with me. The 8x8 rooms in NL seemed fine for me, now we get 8x8, 6x6 and 10x6 for the rooms and they are fixed sizes, which I'm not a fan of.

But these honestly won't stop me from playing because the game is too beautiful and a lot of the core things are there from games like WW and CF. Even the dialogue is amazing (honestly the villagers are so full of life and I love talking to Audie and Reneigh so much) so it's not a complete "I hate this game, they butchered it" scenario.

It's good to see you enjoy it completely though, I wish I wasn't so worried about some of these features, I guess I'll get used to it (like the house room sizes really irks me for some reason, maybe it's to do with OCD or something).

i’m happy with the game! while i’m not fond of constantly having to craft tools and i miss a lot of features that aren’t currently available, i am happy with the game and i’m glad i purchased it c:

This game is really good. Its just that my pet peeve is that everyone forgets that updates can happen.

I think it's more that the people who complain are louder. I'm so happy with the game and so are a lot of people! Don't get discouraged. Twitter is having a blast with it, not seeing any negativity there! c:

This post describes perfectionism at its worst. I.E.: No matter how good a game can get, no game can be perfect in the eyes of everyone.

This has happened when Breath of the Wild came out. It got crazy high scores from critics, and gamers everywhere became super nitpicky about every single detail of the game. It's happening to this game, too - Many like to complain a lot about games the closer they hit the nail on the heads, as it makes them feel more "powerful".

How to live with it? Know what it is flawed and what is crazy awesome about the game - and love the parts you love. Don't be a Don Quixote about the game.

i really enjoy new horizons!! it's very different from new leaf, so i think i can say that i love both equally for different reasons.

I LOVE NH. I can't stop playing it, honestly. It's probably my favorite AC entry from the series with the GCN game in a close second. I love how they've implemented lots of old features from previous entries and how they've added so much depth to different aspects of the game. I understand some people being upset about it, but tbh, I think I can absolutely live with some of the absent content. I didn't really like New Leaf so much, I even preferred WW over NL. I do believe that NH will bring back lots of our beloved characters and we've yet to see more content coming in the next updates :)

I agree to point especially on this forum the complainers are the loudest so make you feel a bit down. But I do believe that there still a tons of people who enjoy it, I love it and know people around me really enjoy. I understand the worry and concerns(and yes it is okay not to like the game) but do we need the same threads over and over tho. There is lot of genuine love for it it just where do you look and who is the loudest.

Last edited:
I love the game and am enjoying it a lot, especially during these times. There's some minor annoyances, but overall I think this game is just going to get better and better as we unlock more things and with events and updates.

Last edited:
I don't see much criticism for the game outside these forums, actually. I mean, the game is a bit of a mixed bag imo, with my enthusiasm declining a bit each day, but it's still AC so I enjoy it.
ACNH is a product and people are allowed to point out flaws (in the right places as to not dampen the mood, I mean)

I’m enjoying it. :)

Since upgrading the Resident Services tent to a building, the pacing has seemed to really pick up. Things are feeling like they’re properly being established now, as I predicted. Plus, there’s a bunch more DIY recipes available from the Nook Stop.

The only real complaint I have right now is that the beginning is slow. It takes a little bit to get into the swing of things.

THAT BEING SAID, this game is incredible. I still need more time to experience everything and give a full opinion on it, but this will most likely be my favorite entry to the series.

Back