• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

I always go through cycles with wanting to play this game

While I'm not that way, I know a lot of other players feel that way.
One of my friend who just got back told me during our chat.

"The thing about AC is that even when you're gone, it stays with you, you never truly stop playing the game, you just take long breaks in between playing."

I thought it's very cute way of thinking. :)

i'm like this too!!!! i have autism and i think ADD as well (i've been meaning to ask my therapist about it but i always either forget or have too many other things to talk about. this has been going on for six years. please help.) which means i have special interests and hyperfixations...most people don't seem to diffrentiate between the two but for me, a special interest is a long-term interest that i am very invested in but do not dedicate a huge amount of my day to, whereas a hyperfixation is short-term and much more involved and i do spend most of my day doing something related to it. (like right now!)
right now i'm hyperfixated on animal crossing, and i usually hyperfixate on it for like...at least a month (usually about two or three, i think), about two to three times a year. after that my hyperfixating usually shifts over to some other video game.

I understand having spurts to play NL. I was working on my town soo much and then got focused on other games and then had way too much to work on when I got back to it. I'm currently working on my new town due to my friend taking my system and ruining the SD card.

At the moment I am in the mood to play NL...I only wish it wasn't a game you had to check everyday.

Same! I reset my town after not touching it for months and i just decided to pick the game back up again. my town isn't even a week old and it's already seeming like a chore playing everyday. my old town didn't have a theme but my new one does, so trying to achieve that and fill my encyclopedia is the only thing keeping me going

It's the same with me. I guess the best thing to do is just take your time with it. I'm starting from scratch again and am pretty confident with the map I've currently got. Basically just playing to refresh my memory in time for the Switch game.

yeah i'm definitely the same, i go through times where i will play for hours and hours almost every day then suddenly not touch the game for months and months at a time, but that's understandable the game is bound to get boring at some point and especially after being out for so long.

Yeah, I'm the same way too. I was burnt out on it for so long, I didn't even touch my 3DS until recently. I've picked it back up and I'm working on my town atm.

yeah i havent played in ages and im too lazy to find my ds. its still my favourite game (and ds is my favourite console) but ive been waiting for the new one to come out and hopefully ill enjoy it as much/more

Sometimes I feel the urge to not play the game (usually when something goes wrong eg. favorite villager moves out) But usually after I will pick up my ds and start playing again.

I'm totally the same. I left the game for a few years but suddenly came back to it because i had the urge to play again :)

I do this with literally every game~
I will get super obsessed for 2-3 months, get bored, then move on to another game.
It's like a cycle, I'll always come back to said game.

Back