• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How late has your period ever been?

About 5 months. I was extremely stressed (dying parent) and it just disappeared. My doctor put me on birth control to help regulate it and it worked well.

Why does it make you uncomfortable? Literally half the people on Earth have or will have or have had periods, and everyone has someone in their life that has them. They're a normal part of being a mammal, and we need to normalize conversations about them.
Hmm... I guess so.
Sorry if I offended anybody. :/
And I want to become a doctor too...
Maybe I need to think on stuff first. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw...
My mom hasn't had any periods...Anyone know on how to fix that?
She isn't pregnant or anything either :(

Last edited:
One month. I just didn't have one that month. It worried me because (you can guess why), but apparently that just happens sometimes. It's not incredibly common, but it does happen.

As for women going months without a period, I'd recommend you get yourself checked for nutrient deficiencies and reproductive problems (as awkward as a pelvic exam is). Going even a year or two without menstruating greatly increases your chances of osteoporosis later in life.

One time it didn't come for like 12 years, then I finally got it.
I'm 16 by the way.

One month. I just didn't have one that month. It worried me because (you can guess why), but apparently that just happens sometimes. It's not incredibly common, but it does happen.

As for women going months without a period, I'd recommend you get yourself checked for nutrient deficiencies and reproductive problems (as awkward as a pelvic exam is). Going even a year or two without menstruating greatly increases your chances of osteoporosis later in life.
Ok I'll tell my mom to talk with her doctor on it
Thank you! :)

Hmm... I guess so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw...

Definitely normalize talk about periods, female genitalia and women-only problems. My doctor doesn't like to talk about those sorts of issues, and it led to me struggling with getting a diagnosis for PCOS for a long time, meaning I was living with extreme pain for ages without painkillers.

How long has your mum gone without her period? Up to a month is pretty regular, but after that there's a few things it can be. I don't know how old your mum is, but menopause is one thing that can occur. One of my friends is 30 and going through early menopause. There's also hormonal disorders like PCOS that could be a factor. Stress is also a factor.

it's random since I tend to mess up my cycle with stress and losing/gaining weight
I don't mind the misses since mines are very heavy

My period is pretty regular. I noticed when I'm sexually active my period is sometimes late, but not late enough for me to assume I was pregnant. I think the latest it's been was 10 days.

Hmm... I guess so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw...

Depending on your mother's age. It is most likely menopause.

If you have a very high BMI, or a very low BMI there is a possibility that you won't get your period.

since it got regular (was very irregular for around a year) i think the latest it has been is a ehole month, like it just skipped onemonth. that has happened maybe once or twice lol. i dont worry tho bc theres no risk of me being pregnant so i just Relax and appreciate the lack of bleeding and pain

I skipped 10 months in a row when I lost weight due to an eating disorder, and then another three months after getting it like once. It's been regularly since I started eating properly thankfully.

Usually no more than a week or two, but that's also a regular thing for me. I have a nearly impossible time tracking my period.

I have never missed a period. They always came when they were supposed to, and I used to have a bad problem where I would get two a month. Now I'm on BC to regulate them, so my cycle is fixed where they only come once every three months. But when it's time they still come when they are supposed to.

When I just got my period it was so irregular that I can't even say it was ever late, it was just random. When it became regular I think it was 2 weeks late, I was really stressed...

ive missed out 1 month before for some reason but it usually comes in around the same week every time

Back