• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you cycle the campsite?

Wolfy

Giveaways and Turnips!
Bells
Switch
2905-9239-3593
New Horizons Token
October Birthstone (Opal)
I've only done it once on my cousin's game when I cycled to get her Savannah. But on my game I'm having no luck. I TT a week already and I hardly get a campsite,maybe 1/6 times I'll get a camper. Are there certain days with higher camper ratios?

I did it via villager reset trick:
1. TT your 3DS time(not ACNL time) 1 day ahead.
2. Open ACNL and create a new save file(do not load your mayor)
3. Check the campsite with the new character(do not decide to build your house yet). If no campers/unwanted villager camped, exit without saving. If it's the one you're looking for, do the requirements to be a villager and save.
4. Delete the new character and load the mayor. Persuade him/her until he/she decided to move.
5. To locate them into a good spot you might need the villager reset trick again.

Thanks for the help!I've cycled on my cousin's game; but in my game I rarely get a camper, if ever when I start with a new file :0
If I start on my normal game, BAM! there's someone camping in my town, but by then I can't cycle anymore ;-;

If you use time-travelling to reset the campsite, you might also risk losing current villagers or getting accidental move-ins from streetpass/visits. You only need to create new characters first thing on any given day to cycle for campers.

From my experience, it's very random. Sometimes I got 1 camper every 5 resets or so, and sometimes I got campers 3 times in a row, all in the same day. If you don't see campers popping up after a few resets, just keep trying. It's just an unlucky streak, but you'll get someone eventually. Since I always have streetpass on, I tend to be diligent with convincing a camper to move in within 2 days after the 10th villager left, so that I wouldn't get a voided villager from streetpass/visits on day 4-5.

- 10th villager just left, town has 1 villager spot open
- create new character as a new day starts, check campsite
- reset the game if no camper or undesirable camper
- save the new character if desirable camper is found
- delete new character and proceed to talk to camper with main character

Last edited:
Back