Homemade or store-bought birthday cake?

Homemade or store-bought cake?

• Total voters
Homemade Mud cake is also awesome.
Any moist cakes I like, though I can't really have any with diabetes. Only in small amounts.

I like store bought just because there's an 85c bakery near me that makes amazing chocolate mousse cake.

I mean I'll be appreciative of any cake that anyone gets me. Usually when I celebrate with my mom's side of the family she bakes a cake and when I celebrate with my dad's side they buy a cake. However the types of store-bought cake I can eat are limited due to allergies so the cakes my mom make me tend to be more interesting in comparison to generic nut-free vanilla store cakes (I mean they still taste good though, not complaining).

Homemade is extremely thoughtful and I appreciate that, but nothing tastes better than store bought marble cake with buttercream frosting so I honestly couldn't care which one I get.

I have always been very supportive of local businesses so if I can support my local bakery in any way, I will! Goods from bakeries are always made with such delicacy and love, it’s irresistible! I’d rather support someone’s passion than burn my house down for sure. ♪( ´▽`)

Either is fine depending on the mood.
But my family has a deep history running a baking business, now from a home in the Bahamas, so I have to say homemade in the end <3

I tend to like homemade cake better as long as I'm not the one who made it. I think it's the sweetest thing ever when someone gives me any kind of cake, though, whether they made it themselves or bought it.

Either really, but I prefer store bought cause it's less mess. I love carrot cake!

Whatever tastes better. I appreciate the value of labor of love, but it comes down to the same thing so it doesn't really matter to me.

i don’t think i’ve ever had a homemade cake lmao - any cake i’ve ever had has either been store-bought or made from a box lol

Personally.. I love the sentiment of homemade, especially if its from someone close to me, so if given the choice, I'd go for that. However, store bought tends to taste better.

I think it depends. If you don’t have a lot of money you can make a good one at home, but if you don’t wanna prepare something and have money... well you can buy a very good one.

homemade! i always love homemade cakes because it has that added sentimental value - you know someone took time out of their day to make a lil thing for you! i love baking for events a lot, sometimes i make a cake and then mini cupcakes with the same batter!

store bought is also good! all cake is good!

There's a bakery that makes strawberry creme cakes all fresh with no preservatives. They also make amazing tiramisu. So that would be my go to.

Store-bought ones usually have a lot of icing, which I don't like. A good ol' homemade cake straight from the box is good enough for me. Slap a thin layer of icing and put some sprinkles on that baby!!

Back