• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

help!! I'm so stuck on what to do :(

cherryblossoms

Bells
hi guys... I got acnh about 3 weeks ago and haven't really played that much I've only just unlocked customisation and I haven't even decorated my house since it was upgraded from a tent so I'm not very far into the game but I'm starting to really hate the layout of my island (rivers, cliffs, bridges, museum) and where everything is. I was just wanted some help whether to just go for it and start again since I won't be losing that much.. I also hate my pears and some villagers I have...

when I got it I didn't really give it a second thought when choosing my island now I wish I had :(

so shall I start again???? thanks <33🥰

You can always change your layout with terraforming (which you unlock a little further in the game) and I'm certain there's tons of people on this forum that would be willing to give you other fruits that you could use to replace all those pear trees. ;)

The only thing you can't change is the location of your river mouths and your beaches, everything else can be changed.

It's up to you how you want to play the game, the most important part is to have fun :)

You can always change your layout with terraforming (which you unlock a little further in the game) and I'm certain there's tons of people on this forum that would be willing to give you other fruits that you could use to replace all those pear trees. ;)

The only thing you can't change is the location of your river mouths and your beaches, everything else can be changed.

It's up to you how you want to play the game, the most important part is to have fun :)

I just feel like there's so much I dislike about my island I'm playing it less and less... when do I unlock terraforming??

I just feel like there's so much I dislike about my island I'm playing it less and less... when do I unlock terraforming??

You unlock it after completing the "story", so if you're not very far in the game then it'll be maybe a week or two away? Idk it's been a while since I unlocked it. If you really don't like playing on your island then it might be a good idea to restart.

You unlock it after completing the "story", so if you're not very far in the game then it'll be maybe a week or two away? Idk it's been a while since I unlocked it. If you really don't like playing on your island then it might be a good idea to restart.

yeah I think I might, its not like I'm going to lose a lot and ill be more likely to play and get further through the story.. thanks for your help :)

I put no thought into where I put buildings at first, it's a little bit frustrating now having to spend bells & wait to get them all moved to where I want them, but it's not a big deal. Terraforming will help with your rivers & cliffs, too. But if you don't like your fruits or your villagers it might be best to just start again, especially if it's getting you down.

I only put thought into where my house was going to go. That was it. So now I'm terraforming my island to make the best of my situation. It isn't as naturally perfect as many islands I have seen without terraforming, but you can do a lot to make the best of a less than ideal situation with terraforming. I personally would just stick it out and be motivated by all of the potential changes you could make to your island once you unlock it.

I wouldnt let it depend on your native fruit, you can just chop them down and replace them with any fruit trees you like. My native fruit is cherries, but I probably have more orange and apple trees in my town.

Rivers is more important I feel. You should probably decide it on the things you can not change and remain in the spots they are. Like where the river meets the sea, the airport and that plaza thing.

Museum, shops, villagers houses you can just move. I have been moving around villager houses for weeks now and I`m almost done, I would never restart for that though, since you can completely dictate where it all goes.

Maybe my advice would be to try and form a basic concept of an idea of what you want to do with your Island and then analyse if thats possible with your current island setups. Good luck.

hi, thanks for all your responses! I decided to just go for it and Im kinda glad I did.. thanks for all the advice it really did make me think :)

Back