• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Have You Ever Reset?

Have You Reset?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • No!

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters
If I did, I'd never play AC again, because that's a year (in NL) I can never get back, and I wouldn't be wasting anymore time.

Everything takes an absurd amount of time to unlock, and it's time not everyone has. :(

I have reset once and that's it. It was a new town I just could not connect with no matter how much I tried. I was still fairly new to ACNL and hadn't chosen a map wisely. Then I lost Stitches in a time traveling fiasco and I was so depressed, I restarted the town, gave it a new name and a map I was happy with. By the way, Stitches ended up moving into my daughter's town the next day (he came from my void when she visited me), so it curbed a lot of the heartbreak.

I did reset my town once and am so happy with my new one! I got so lucky with my villagers in the first town, but the layout was an atrocity. I also planted my house in the worst possible location, and over time it just wore on me. So, I cashed out my town and never looked back! Now I have new villagers to love and a much, much better layout that I cant wait to fill in!

I reset my very first town from 2016 because I absolutely despised the map. Loved my villagers, but hated the map. Hated the fruit, hated the layout. I reset about a month ago and don't regret a thing. My second town has actually become my main town, I love that map so much I don't think I'll ever reset.
The town that replaced my original one tho - I'll probably sell once my tree gets big enough. I've enjoyed the villager selection but the map is getting on my nerves slightly. I don't mind resetting towns I don't like now, especially with how easy it is to get villagers back.

I've reset the game quite a few times, but I haven't reset my current town of Naxela ^_^ It's been going since Thanksgiving of 2017

I have 3 cartridges. One is my cycling town, which I was using to sell villagers for TBT and also supply my garden shop. I haven?t even turned this one on in a while.

The other two cartridges I used to alternate. I would play one really hardcore for a while, then get bored of it and start over on the other one. The reason I would get bored would vary, usually I would feel like the town was done-ish and just need one or 2 more PWPs or something. This cycle would continue for months, but I ended up keeping my town ?Valley? before I quit playing again last summer-ish.

Now I?m back again to play. I have my cycle town, Valley and I restarted my third cartridge. I doubt I will fall into my old patterns though.

Other common reasons into restart a young town would be river shape, number of rocks or rock locations, shape of the beach, native fruit, grass type, etc. Minor annoyances I thought I could adjust to but in the end I just couldn?t. :)

I haven't reset. Thinking about it, I still have same GameCube, DS and Wii towns too!

However, I did want to have a new town for New Leaf so I bought a cheap used game card last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying my new town .

I reset once, when the welcome amiibo update came out! I hadn't played in so long and wasn't that interested in my old town. And the welcome amiibo update made it so you could get money for your town. Now though, I'm very invested in my town, and wouldn't reset Dewbrook!

I've never had reset my town, even-though I'd really want to, so I can actually go with a theme. But I've had it for 5 years now

im a hardcore perfectionist, ill try days and days on end to get the perfect town map, and once i get there, i could play for a week before i realixe its not ideal so i reset. if i think about my town too hard, ill get the urge to reset, since i always think i can do better. but this time around, im gonna keep my town how it is depsite its flaws.

Yes, albeit accidentally; I tried using another SD card to have two towns on my downloadable copy, turns out it wiped out my town
(?A`)

Nope! Kept my town around since Nov. 2016. I understand why some people do it but others just seem to do it compulsively. Too attached to Vista to ever reset it. :)

I?ve recreated my town once and reset about 20+ times to get a map and villagers I could tolerate.

My first town was made in 2014 and I played Animal Crossing on and off for two and a half years. Every time I would get back on after an extended period of time, one of my villagers would be gone (I know, big shocker there). After such a long time of playing the game and creating my town, I ran out of clear tasks to complete.

I decided to play again a few weeks ago for kicks. My town looked worse than I had thought and my favorite villager had left.
So, I made a rash decision to start over with a better town layout, new faces, and a clear goal in mind for what I want my town to look like. I probably wouldn?t start over again with my current town, but I wouldn?t mind messing around if I had a second copy of the game.

I rerset almost every time I come back, ( i leave and come back to playing around every 2-4 months, so I reset everytime i come back to play.

Back