• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Have you ever met a celebrity?

Russell .T. Davies ~
Russell-T-Davies-says-wri-007.jpg

Steven Moffat ~
936full-steven-moffat.jpg

As you can tell from the images above, they both wrote / write Dr. Who. It was about four years ago and when me and my family went to Cardiff. They were signing stuff. It was great.

I've met quite a few singers and bands. My grandpa had dinner with the president (not sure which one), and various relatives have had encounters of their own.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I'm meeting Skillet in 24 days, so that's something :p
I met Skillet once at an impromptu signing, and I got to hang out with Ben Kasica and Tate Olsen during the week. Where are you meeting them?

I've met quite a few singers and bands. My grandpa had dinner with the president (not sure which one), and various relatives have had encounters of their own.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I met Skillet once at an impromptu signing, and I got to hang out with Ben Kasica and Tate Olsen during the week. Where are you meeting them?

I got tickets to their Road to Rise concert in Chicago, so I'll get to meet them and hang out with them there. I dunno how personal it'll be with a couple hundred people attending, but it'll be something! And that's awesome! I wish Skillet would do more of signing events nowadays haha

I've met Kurt Warner, a former quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals that was on our team when we made it to Super Bowl 43. Other than that, Ronald McDonald even though I'm sure almost everyone has met him.

I've met Guy Sebastian when I went with my friend to one of his cd signings, I also met his younger brother Chris at school he walked into me so I yelled at him. I have also met Rob Mills from Australian Idol, Some Big Brother housemates from 2006 series and met Jimmy Barnes a couple of years ago.

Oh yeah I forgot I met Adam Pierce at a school assembly. I could have also met Gabriel Iglesias and Jim Gaffigan but they both left for the candy counter before I could. :(

I grew up down the street from one of the characters on 7th Heaven (revealing my age here lol, its a show that used to be on the CW about a pastor's family). In fact he even called the cops on me for stalking him one day. While I was at work. Because that's possible.

I met Eric Church at a country concert (his concert, obviously) just because one of my promoters was giving out meet and greets to random (in other words: girls) people. He smelt really good.

And in a dream once I hard-core made out with Jeremy Renner. That counts, right?

I've had short conversations w/:

1. Natalie Portman (very chill, loves to party & drink)

2. Ben Stiller (seen him 3x, everytime w/ a cup or a thermo. loves to talk shop & make jokes.)

3. Keanu Reeves (he's tall; answered every question w/ a single word.)

4. Belle & Sebastian members (quirky in a good way; they love to drink & a few of them even brought their instruments to the bar!)

5. Interpol members (I don't smoke but I was efficiently pretending by blowing every bit of it out just for the evening. The room was dark & every single person had a cigarette & bootle. They talked about their past shows & the song list which was awesome.)

6. Beck (at a crowded park, we shared a table. I wasn't sure until he took off the sunglasses. Very friendly.)

7. Fiona Apple (I was waiting for my order & she came in to pick up. There was some small talk & we decided to eat at the restaurant. I pretended not to know her & we spoke about this 'new play opening' or some 'author doing a reading.' Midway, her phone rang & she excused herself never returning.)

Nerves impaired-

1. James Gandolfini (looked very mad while selecting peaches.)

2. James Franco (he was w/ a trainer & could NOT stop laughing. I left after 20 seconds.)

3. Robert Dinero @ Nobu (alone, but his manner read 'do not disturb.')

4. Kelly McDonald (massive crush, but I think that was her son soo...)

I haven't met Hollywood/TV type celebrities but I have met import models and YouTube celebrities :)

The first one was Dannie Riel, she is a really popular import model! We actually never knew we would run into her. My bf and I were on vacation in Hong Kong to visit my family and we decided to take a trip to Macau and there she was, down the street from us! We got a few pictures :)

The second one was just 2 weeks ago, I met Andrew Garcie from YouTube, he came to my city for a concert! I was buying tickets at the mall and he turned out to be the manager and asked if I wanted to say hi and get a picture right there so I did. Then after the concert there was a meet and greet and photobooth photos and I saw him again and got another set of pictures.

I don't actually realize how star struck I am until I meet them haha >.<

I met lady gaga.
She's VERY pushy, But she's Ok overall.
Also, I met Shigeru Miyamato at E3. VERY nice fellow, very open to his fans.

I've met
- George Lamb (UK Radio)
- Hollyoaks Cast
- Erasure
- You me & six
- Kids in Glass houses
- Emeli Sande
- Ndubz (In a service stop, biggest **** I have ever met!)
- Tony the bodyguard from Xfactor lol

I've met a couple, although it's been some time since I've met anyone truly famous.

Tom Wopat - he was appearing at a county fair, years ago.

Thomas 'Tip' O'Neil - he had a summer home in our town. One year, my mom took a job delivering telephone books and I helped her. I handed him his book while he was raking leaves. She wanted me to ask for his autograph, but I was too shy. He was very nice, though.

Malachy McCourt - he did a one-man show to promote a book. My mom and I went to see him - we laughed until both our faces and bellies hurt - and then got to meet him after the show. He was signing copies, if you brought yours.

Mary Higgins Clark - she has a summer home nearby and did a book signing. Nice lady.

Piers Anthony - I haven't met him, really, but we've been exchanging letters for almost 20 years now, so I kind of feel like I know him. He's always been wonderful about it and I cherish the letters I've received over the years.

I've met many! That's the luck of being a(n aspiring) director. :cool:

Although the most famous person I've met was just through a stroke of sheer luck. I'd been a fan of him for many years before we met (even had his posters on my wall when I was 14!), so I was nervous to have the opportunity to speak to him one-on-one. But we got on well and even exchanged phone numbers. :)

Only one for me (Or at least that's how many I can remember or care to)

I was on a basketball tour over in America playing different colleges there and the team and I went along to a bobcats game, now the bobcats are owned (but not coached) by Michael Jordan and he actually happened to be sitting over near their team bench and later on we met him after the game.

No, but I'd like that to change soon! There are tons of animators that I admire and want to meet.

Back