• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Have you ever met a celebrity?

I actually don't think I have. the closest I've come to was a man who fought in the military who lost both his legs and a finger or two to war. when he came home our town threw a block party for him and it was right around the corner! my friend and I got to hug him and it was awesome because I'm very patriotic. they also put it on TV haha

There is a celebrity I wouldn't mind seeing out and about :D

Seems like a really cool guy- but I had to catch a train. :( His laughing fit was fierce, he was leaning against a pole that fences city parks for support. :D

- Erasure

My older brother loves this band! 8)

...I've been a fan of him for many years before we met (even had his posters on my wall when I was 14!), so I was nervous to have the opportunity to speak to him one-on-one. But we got on well and even exchanged phone numbers. :)

Tina, not much to go on... ^o^ Is it D. B.?

@Kassidy- that's awesome! My 2x younger brothers are Marines.

Last edited:
Jerry B. Jenkins
Family Force 5
The Protomen

My mom's met:
George W. Bush
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)

I've met a few musicians that I greatly admire. I've also met Augusten Burroughs at a book signing for a book he put out last year! Very cool guy.

Hmm all I can think of right now is Lorin Maazel, famous for conducting/violin
I believe I've met some local bands before but I can't remember their names, and they're not thaaat famous but yeah

i've met ed sheeran twice and some other indie musicians nobody's probably heard of but yeah no one that i'd really consider a celebrity

i also might use my wish from make a wish to meet justin timberlake cause for some unknown reason i love him so that's something

Last edited:
Let's see... AJ McLean, Jennifer Lopez, Randy from American Idol, Steven Tyler, Hurley from Lost, Jonah Hill, Brittany Snow, Eric Stonestreet, Melissa McCarthy, Colin Hanks, Simon Cowell, Wayne Brady, Quentin Tarantino, Joss Whedon, Elijah Wood, Arnold Schwarzennager, Harrison Ford, Andy Serkis, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Buster from Arrested Development, Mia Rudolph, the Black Power Ranger, Alfred Molina, Rose's Mom from Titanic, Brook Burke, President Palmer's wife from 24, Tim Robbins, Oliver Stone, a ton of UFC/WEC fighters, Joe Rogan, Dana White, Mayweather, Gary Sinise, Ray Romano, Dane Cook, Andrew W.K., Jesse from Storage Hunters, the Blonde lady from Walking Dead, star of MTVs Teen Wolf, Pan's Labryinth eye hand guy, Julie Andrews, William Friedkin, Dexter's Dad, John Carpenter, Original Michael Meyers, Cobra Kai instructor, Bryan Cranston, Son from Breaking Bad, Agent Coulson of Shield, original Flash Gordon....

I am starting to realize this list could probably go on for quite some time. I work in the entertainment industry, honestly this list is just beginning to scratch the surface. These are probably the ones of the touch of my head in the past few years.

I have a unique story for just about each one of them, so feel free to ask if you see someone that interests you!

I also met Jeremy Bulloch as a kid, and was super pumped, being a huge Star Wars and Boba Fett fan. Was disappointed when he asked me for like $25 to have a picture autographed haha.

I saw Lady Gaga open at a club in LA about a year before she hit it big. She was dressed like some robot or something and I was super annoyed by her whole schtick, as were mostly everyone else. After she finished playing she was just walking around the crowd and I completely ignored her. Had entirely forgotten about her until a friend who I was with reminded me about it!

Last edited:
Here in West Virginia, it's pretty hard to meet celebrities, but on vacation I met two astronauts. I also met a national archer (Woo..) and a national juggler. I almost met Randy Travis and Bella Thorne also...

I've met Ken Morley (played Reg Holdsworth in Coronation Street..yeaaaars ago), he was opening a nearby car repair place called Charlie Browns. Lesser known, i've met some (then) Grimsby Town Fc players...such as Peter Handyside (<3), John Mcdermott, Alan Buckley..etc..
My boyfriend met Phil Campbell from Motorhead last october, was a bit of a dickhead towards my boyfriend :(.

i've met ed sheeran twice and some other indie musicians nobody's probably heard of but yeah no one that i'd really consider a celebrity

i also might use my wish from make a wish to meet justin timberlake cause for some unknown reason i love him so that's something
Which indie musicians?

I used to live just north of Tampa/St Pete Florida where it seems many wrestlers and rock stars seem to congregate so I've met several, and many of them in the music store I used to work in, or at meet and greets. I guess the most memorable would be "David Heath and Luna Vachon" aka the wrestlers Gangrel and Luna, this was back when they were married, they were both constant regulars in our store and friends to all of us employees. other memorable meetings would be "Paul Wight" aka The Big Show, his willingness to walk among the groups of people and shake hands and talk was pretty cool, "Gene Simmons" who always came outside of KISS venues to talk to the crowds, and "Robert Sweet" of Stryper who not only came out to talk to the crowds earlier in the day of one of their shows, but went with a few of us shopping in the local music store. I guess if you meet hundreds of celebrities, the ones who really stand out are the ones who prove they still appreciate the fans and are willing to get out and mingle with us.

I met David Attenborough a couple of years ago, which was great. It was good to be able to tell him that he's one of the reasons I wanted to do a biology degree and work in that field.

I've also met various bands, way too many to list. I basically spent my free evenings going to gigs whilst I was in school.

I went to a They Might Be Giants concert on Wednesday, and I got backstage passes from the drummer Marty Beller, whom my dad was good friends with in college and music camp. We hung out a lot with him, got to meet a couple of the members of the horn section that was playing that night, and got to see the rest of the band, but didn't talk to any of the others.

Back