• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Glitches you've noticed since July 3rd update (They patched!)

Some days Pascal simply does not show up... caught like 4 scallops yesterday, and he just wouldn't show up

Also, I get the thought bubble glitch that many seem to be having
I get that all the time. I noticed two things, if you are open to friends or dodo, he will not come. Secondly, if you restart the game he usually comes after the next one. I've had to do this a few days this week!

I had this happen earlier, played around with it a bit but couldnt get anything to happen so I had to close the game 😅 Anyone had this one before?
I had this happen to me after the update except for it was at the airport in someone else’s town. I eventually went through the door but when I was about to leave at the counter the connection errored and I wonder if the same thing happened to the person behind me (there were multiple people visiting the town) and they decided to just close the game instead of wait to see what happened.

It did make me nervous, especially being in someone else’s town when it happened!

Adding myself to the thought bubble glitch.

I also read that there's a glitch with Pascal only giving pearls if you've made a mermaid DIY. Is that confirmed? I got the vanity the 1 st day, shoes the 2nd, and a pearl every day since. Wondering if there's an issue or I just have rotten RNG luck.

I would classify this as "rng is not a glitch". But, I could be proven wrong in the future.

I'm going with not a glitch though.

I dug up a plant from one of my cliffs right around my entrance and it wouldn't let me plant it back on the same exact spot telling me there's no space??

I've experienced this, so annoying as I'm trying to decorate :rolleyes: I dug up one flower to replace with another (up on the third level on a small cliff area) and now I can't plant anything there. I really hope they fix this soon. I'm also experiencing the speech bubble glitches, haven't noticed the hermit crab one yet though. How do we let Nintendo know about this, is there a way to report bugs?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Y'ALL! Today's update fixed things!!

• Addressed issue where players could not properly use a zen bridge or red zen bridge placed on top of a cliff (third tier).
  • Addressed issue where a wet suit would not be available for sale within Nook’s Cranny.
  • Addressed issue where hermit crabs would appear in places other than the beach.
  • Addressed issue where a dialogue bubble would improperly appear after speaking with island residents.

I also had that villager thing happen a lot too.
I had this happen with Sherb! But it happened so fast I wasn't sure if I read it right lol I was like... Did he really just ping me and forget what he pinged about? And then the extra bubble appeared when he walked away! Same with Cheri when she asked to move, when I told her to stay she had the extra bubble asking where she would get the lasers??? I was very confused lol

Last edited:
Back