• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Gaming PC YAY!

JJRamone2

Bells
So I found out yesterday from my dad that he's buying me a new $1200 Gaming PC as my current PC is broken and I'm running on a crappy half-working hackintosh. He and my mom agreed they'll pay for the PC and I'm going to use $400 of my "Birthday Money" to buy a high end Video Card, which just happens to come with Enemy Territories: Quake Wars.

This is going to be my first good computer. I can't wait.

Awesome. That means you can finally get on Steam.
6qdi07p.gif

Isn't $12 000 a bit too much?

You could get a good gaming pc for less than $4000 these days.

wow I thought it had said 1200, which you can get a really good PC for, but 12000?! Isn't that a little insane? It had better last 10 years to be worth that and even then it is a bit pricey...

I'm in steam too

:p

What the heck is a steam? And yes spending that much on a pc is really throwing it overboard. My mom had a pc that cost 300 dollars and it was perfect but I have a crappy pc cuz we found a old 1 so yea.

Brewsterboy said:
What the heck is a steam?
Steam is a program from Valve that allows you to run your games, buy games, talk to friends, and create groups, even when you're in a game itself. It's quite a nifty program.

JJRamone2 said:
AWW SHIZ! I meant twelve HUNDRED not twelve THOUSAND! Hahah...I cant believe I missed that.
yeah I thought that was messed up. Anyway for 1200 you can get a really good computer, that is around what mine was and already about 2 years old and able to play Bioshock!

Sweet

:D

My PC isn't anything special, however nothin' wrong with it. Wish I could play games without it taking forever, however it's nice.

1200 makes sense

:p

Yeah, you could get a good gaming pc for that. Just make sure it has Intel Core 2 Extreme and some good video card (Nvidia 8000+).

stormcommander said:
I'll probably never buy a gaming PC. There aren't many PC games these days anyway.
There's as many good PC games coming out right now as there are good Wii games...

well at least I mean there are more around places, years worth of games you can play, and write an essay on it!

The only PC game I plan on getting will probably be Spore. My computer's not bad, but my internet sucks. I'm hoping to get Comcast sometime soon.

I wish I had 1200 to spend on a computer.

Back