• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New to ACNH

sunwolfx

Moth to a Flame
Bells
Hello all!

For our anniversary my boyfriend got me a Nintendo switch back in September. I didn't play it until for Valentine's day, he got me Animal Crossing New Horizons! I take a while to get into new electronics and with this game it was perfect to settle into. I've played City Folk on Wii and New Leaf on the 3DS and really enjoyed New Leaf. I'm so excited about some of the new features and still figuring it all out.

I'm an adult female, and my hobbies include crocheting, reading, writing, and playing games. I have two pet bunnies that I love dearly and my boyfriend of 3.5 years. If I had to pick a favorite animal crossing villager it would be Zell followed closely by (I'm gonna butcher the spelling) Dierdre. I'm not even sure if they're in ACNH but I sure hope so!

I just got Nintendo Online and had my first visit yesterday which was so exciting!!! That's what made me so excited for New Leaf, and I remember the good old days of the Wii and having my friend visit from her village to mine. I low-key miss the train station from ACNL. And Rover.

I'm also not even sure if four leaf clovers are a thing? I sure hope they are - I'm an avid four leaf clover collector and have about 140 pressed four leaf clovers! My mom taught me from a young age and we have matching four leaf clover tattoos.

What's your favorite update from ACNL to ACNH, and what's something you miss? I just met Flick for the first time and had him make me a moth figure and I'm so happy about it. Happy gaming everyone!!!

Welcome back to TBT!

My favorite upgrade from ACNL to ACNH was terraforming for sure. My favorite thing I missed was the lack of shops to unlock that you could in NL.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here! 💚

Hi there, welcome back to the forums! I look forward to hopefully seeing you around! 💜

New Horizons was my first Switch game as well, and I agree that it definitely made getting used to the console a lot easier! I hope you’re having fun with your Switch and New Horizons so far! It was so sweet of your boyfriend to get them for you!

Zell and Deirdre are a couple of my favourite villagers as well! Deers are my favourite animal, and I love the deer villagers so much! And yes, Deirdre and Zell are in New Horizons! All of the villagers from New Leaf made it to New Horizons except for the crossover Amiibo villagers like W. Link, Ganon etc.

I’m afraid four-leaf clovers aren’t in New Horizons, though. But there are so many custom designs of them out there that you can download! I know they won’t be exactly like the plants, but they’re a good substitute! You and your mom having matching clover tattoos is the sweetest thing! Your collection of them sounds super impressive as well!

My favourite update from New Leaf to New Horizons is definitely that villagers no longer move out without permission! My least favourite is probably the lack of NPCS? I miss Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Dr. Shrunk, Gracie, Blanca, Katie etc so much.

Also, I’m not sure if you know this, but Rover does make an appearance in New Horizons! I’ll put the details in a spoiler in case you want to be surprised: during the May Day event that takes place between April 29th - May 7th, a May Day Tour is offered at the airport. The May Day island is a maze, and your objective is to complete it and make it to the end. At the end, Rover is there waiting for you to give you your prize!

Welcome to the forums! 💗

It's nice to hear you recently got into New Horizons! I hope you're enjoying the Switch, too!

I started crocheting last year, and it was nice how easy it was to get into! I don't have all that much time to crochet right now, but it's been fun so far. What sort of things do you like to crochet? Any projects/items that you're particularly proud of? 😊

Aww, it's really interesting to hear you collect four leaf clovers! 🍀💗

I never played NL, so I can't comment on my favourite update from ACNL to ACNH! I've seen people mention that there was a lot more to do in ACNL in online/multiplayer settings, and I definitely think that New Horizons could have had some more online/multiplayer features! Overall, I've really enjoyed NH though! 😊

Do you have all 10 of your villagers on your New Horizons island? Is there anyone you're hoping to find? 😊

Alll the minigames :( and the dream addresses and streetpass houses, i always loved those

Hi there, welcome back to the forums! I look forward to hopefully seeing you around! 💜

New Horizons was my first Switch game as well, and I agree that it definitely made getting used to the console a lot easier! I hope you’re having fun with your Switch and New Horizons so far! It was so sweet of your boyfriend to get them for you!

Zell and Deirdre are a couple of my favourite villagers as well! Deers are my favourite animal, and I love the deer villagers so much! And yes, Deirdre and Zell are in New Horizons! All of the villagers from New Leaf made it to New Horizons except for the crossover Amiibo villagers like W. Link, Ganon etc.

I’m afraid four-leaf clovers aren’t in New Horizons, though. But there are so many custom designs of them out there that you can download! I know they won’t be exactly like the plants, but they’re a good substitute! You and your mom having matching clover tattoos is the sweetest thing! Your collection of them sounds super impressive as well!

My favourite update from New Leaf to New Horizons is definitely that villagers no longer move out without permission! My least favourite is probably the lack of NPCS? I miss Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Dr. Shrunk, Gracie, Blanca, Katie etc so much.

Also, I’m not sure if you know this, but Rover does make an appearance in New Horizons! I’ll put the details in a spoiler in case you want to be surprised: during the May Day event that takes place between April 29th - May 7th, a May Day Tour is offered at the airport. The May Day island is a maze, and your objective is to complete it and make it to the end. At the end, Rover is there waiting for you to give you your prize!
You've made my whole day!! I'm so excited. I really hope to encounter Dierdre and Zell AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR ROVER NOW!!! Thank you so much for letting me know. I'm still figuring out events so far and having something to look forward to makes me wanna keep playing. I really like seeing who is visiting my town each day and when there's no one it makes me kinda sad. But I guess it wouldn't be as special if someone visited every day.

They definitely should have included four leaf clovers! Those were so cool on ACNL and I really loved finding them.
Post automatically merged:

Alll the minigames :( and the dream addresses and streetpass houses, i always loved those
The grip that those street pass handhelds had on these forums was unreal. I would get tons of them from my siblings and then sell them on here. And looking at everyone's house and being able to order stuff was so cool and a great way to expand the catalog.

Welcome to the forums! 💗

It's nice to hear you recently got into New Horizons! I hope you're enjoying the Switch, too!

I started crocheting last year, and it was nice how easy it was to get into! I don't have all that much time to crochet right now, but it's been fun so far. What sort of things do you like to crochet? Any projects/items that you're particularly proud of? 😊

Aww, it's really interesting to hear you collect four leaf clovers! 🍀💗

I never played NL, so I can't comment on my favourite update from ACNL to ACNH! I've seen people mention that there was a lot more to do in ACNL in online/multiplayer settings, and I definitely think that New Horizons could have had some more online/multiplayer features! Overall, I've really enjoyed NH though! 😊

Do you have all 10 of your villagers on your New Horizons island? Is there anyone you're hoping to find? 😊
I mostly just crochet with double stitch so nothing too exciting but I did get yarn to make a cropped sweater so maybe that'll turn out well, we'll see i guess lol. I don't like patterns, I mostly just figure it out myself! I think NL had the great concept of not having the museum and shop in your immediate town, so you could have room for everything. The street pass was awesome too! But I do really like NH so far and I was fortunate enough to have a really nice trade after getting Nintendo Online set up which was so fun and I was sitting on my bed squealing like a little girl, showing my boyfriend that I had my very first visitor.

So far I only have 6 villagers! I have Ursula, Patty, Erik, Shep, and Fauna and I forget the other one's name but it's a sporty villager. I'm really looking forward to seeing who else moves in :) I love Dierdre and Zell because I had them in NL. I also had Julian after a trade but that was purely because of an ex boyfriend 👀 so I don't want him anymore haha. Dierdre is such a motherly type of villager and I honestly would die for her LOL. She's so cute and I hope I run into her at the campsite or an island. I saw Fauna on an island and she was SO CUTE and I was like OMG she looks like Dierdre it's perfect. And now someone on here said Dierdre is in NH? God I'm excited!!!

Do you have a favorite villager? Why are they your favorite??

Welcome back to TBT!

My favorite upgrade from ACNL to ACNH was terraforming for sure. My favorite thing I missed was the lack of shops to unlock that you could in NL.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here! 💚
I feel like the shops in NH don't have as much either and it's so hard to get good furniture this early. Like I have the three extra rooms plus an upstairs and no way to conveniently fill it all with furniture that isn't boring wooden furniture. Hopefully I can expand Nooks Cranny and get some more of a selection

Also can someone please explain the fruits next to everyone's name? I tried looking it up and it's not in the FAQ

Last edited:
Also can someone please explain the fruits next to everyone's name? I tried looking it up and it's not in the FAQ

It's part of the current event for the site, "Farewell to New Leaf Online." You can only purchase fruit collectibles from the shop that you were assigned (using currency earned in the event).

Back