• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

GameStop is such a liar! :(

They actually told me over the phone there was no poster but i went in and the girl found them sitting where they didn't belong! i got mine ;D

Considering how my local GameStop is in such a tiny town. I received the poster without preordering it. They just need to get rid of them honestly.

Same thing at my Gamestop, but I didn't expect any different; that place has always sucked.

And ALL of their amiibo card parks were sold out, save the one I had them hold for me. >.<

First off, sorry your GameStop didn't have a poster to provide for you. As a Manager of a GameStop, we honestly sometimes don't even get the pre-order bonues on time, especially from Nintendo. We get a bad rep because of Amiibos but quite frankly as mentioned, more often than not we get shortend on our supply. I had a store in my district not receive any posters for their customers.

Most stores get sent games/items based on their pre-orders. My store had only 5 pre-orders for Happy Home Designer...and we only got 27 packs of cards....it's the same with Amiibos. Most customers think pre-ordering isn't important but it helps but again, sorry you didn't get your poster. If you had come to my store, I would of called another GameStop to find you one. Not all GameStops are crappy like everyone thinks they are...

Last edited:
First off, sorry your GameStop didn't have a poster to provide for you. As a Manager of a GameStop, we honestly sometimes don't even get the pre-order bonues on time, especially from Nintendo. We get a bad rep because of Amiibos but quite frankly as mentioned, more often than not we get shortend on our supply. I had a store in my district not receive any posters for their customers.

Most stores get sent games/items based on their pre-orders. My store had only 5 pre-orders for Happy Home Designer...and we only got 27 packs of cards....it's the same with Amiibos. Most customers think pre-ordering isn't important but it helps but again, sorry you didn't get your poster. If you had come to my store, I would of called another GameStop to find you one. Not all GameStops are crappy like everyone thinks they are...

Several of my local GameStops were incredibly polite and helpful today. They usually make fun of me for playing Animal Crossing but instead they were just really nice.

One local store did not receive any posters. Another store looked like they had a bundle of 20! The store that didn't get any posters is the much larger store. To me as a customer it looked random who got them and who did not.

Thank you for being a nice Store Manager! I don't know where you're located but if I'm ever in your area I'd love to talk Animal Crossing!

I was not offered the poster or anything else, after asking if I could purchase the game I said why not and picked up a pack of cards. I am disapointed they did not give out posters, this is the 2nd time I was not offered what the preorder came with

Maybe if you have the receipt that you pre ordered it they have you give you what they promised? Try going that route and see what happens? I don't know I wasn't sure if I was even getting the game so I didn't preorder, the posters not that cool in my opinion anyways, I'd rather just buy a cooler looking posted in the future.
Then again what Li. Said it really depends ok the preorder, it wouldn't make sense to send a store 3-7 posters if they didn't get a lot of preorders.

Last edited:
My GameStop experienced a similar issue with my game+reader bundle preorder not being in their system, despite my paper receipt to prove otherwise. He finally just gave me one anyway. And they had no posters, either. :-/

Last edited:
I had the opposite problem, when i went they had plenty of posters, and the guy gave me two •3• i didnt even preorder the bundle, just the game. Heh.

Last edited:
Well the GameStop I went to still didn't have the poster but he gave me I think a persona disco poster lol

The GameStop I went to was extremely nice.
I pre-ordered the game and NFC reader from them separately at first since they didn't have a bundle yet. They didn't know if they were going to, so it was just on the safe side. When the bundle came out, they were more than happy to cancel my previous two pre-orders and get me the bundle. The girl was extremely nice and remembered me because she also liked Animal Crossing.

When the game came out, they gave me two posters because they were double sided. And let me have the amiibo card box since I nearly cleared out the box. They also told me to just call periodically and that they'd be willing to hold a complete box for me if I wanted.

Not all of them are terrible. ;c

Yea someone had come in there early and bought the rest of the cards but the manager said he was on his way to another store and called them and said he will pick some up for me to come get tomorrow

Back