• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about institutionalized racism and how this sham of a case can happen and does happen every day and that bodycams won't change anything and evidence and innocent rulings won't change anything when the problem is that our government system was set up to deny black society and doesn't value black lives.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just really disappointed. I mean....I don't know about everyone else here, but a) I don't think the color of a person determines their worth, and b) I was part of a generation that tried to tell us at every opportunity that being different is okay. I can't believe that people are treated in such a way. I don't know. I don't have an adequate amount of reliable information to really make a decision, but I have seen racism alive and active in the US. Like....if you say it isn't an issue, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There's been progress, but to quote an age old saying: we've won battles, but not the war.

It's a major loss. For the families. For the community that's suffering because of the riots. It's degrading for the country. And I am just very disappointed and sad.

The man has been found innocent. You can't change that: none of you are lawyers, judges, witnesses... Let's be frank. You don't know what you're talking about.

I would love your sources on how the case was a fair trial, maybe some evidence of darrens injuries and maybe so evidence on why he didn't file anything until days later? :)

I'm ashamed at some of you, including those of you who made those tags (yes, I can see who you are). This has nothing to do with Ferguson, and I know these videos are very old but I think it's worth a watch. Here's the Brown-eye Blue-eye Experiment in which a group of people are separated by light colored eyes and dark colored eyes.

Watch how people react when their light colored eyes are the reason for their mistreatment. While you watch, think of yourself in that position.

Which group are you in?
Is it right to treat people differently based on their eye color? Why?
What advantages/disadvantages do the light colored eye group have? What about the dark colored eye group?
How can you connect this experiment with racism seen today?
How did these videos make you feel?

If you would like to answer these questions after you watch these videos, you may PM me and we can talk about this maturely. Racism is a real thing in today's society, yet we can't change the society without first changing ourselves. Throw away any stereotypes you've heard and instead get to know a person before you judge them. And one more thing, don't throw race in someones face or at a problem. The less we use race as an excuse for our actions or someones actions the more we'll see things the way they really are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back