• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPuzzleMan

Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Cake
November Birthstone (Topaz)
As this case seems to be spilling out onto other threads; I thought it might be prudent to start a thread on this topic. All I ask is that anything related to this topic (the case, circumstances, guilt or innocence, protesting, possible, racial issues, etc.,) be place here. Please discuss and debate this topic in an adult-like manner. Please do not accuse or start calling someone names. Keep this civil.

I dont care if he's innocent or not tbh. My concern goes towards these awful protesters who are just wrecking all of these businesses and expect no repercussions. Its absolutely sickening.

isn't ferguson a thief?

The issue at hand is whether or not Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson knowingly used lethal force on the victim, Michael Brown, when it was not necessary. He was acquitted of all charges. The debate is whether or not he should have been charged.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We just had a thread about this.
It got closed.

My bad. I wasn't paying attention.

He was only protecting himself. What would of happened if it was a Hispanic guy who was shot? Or a Caucasian guy? The situation would be different.

isn't ferguson a thief?

(I mean the guy who got shot)

ferguson is the city. the name of the kid who got murdered was named michael brown.

I dont care if he's innocent or not tbh. My concern goes towards these awful protesters who are just wrecking all of these businesses and expect no repercussions. Its absolutely sickening.

He was only protecting himself. What would of happened if it was a Hispanic guy who was shot? Or a Caucasian guy? The situation would be different.

ok bye
"""""""""'protecting"""""""" himself
why you gotta say caucasian. why not just white.

[people still saying its not a race thing] Yeah Sure Ok You tell yourself That

i dont want to say anythin bad because i dont want anythin bad to happen. im just going to play pokemon and i dont want to know who voted no on this poll.

Keep it civil guys. You have one shot at this. (Preferably not in the back if you catch my drift)

Regardless of the racial tones, which are obvious, there is also the issue of excessive force used by police. Six shots is insane for self defense, especially head shots. It's not the first time excessive police force has become an issue, and now police have military grade equipment. It's actually pretty scary. Especially if the police legitimately see this as self defense. They shouldn't be trained to shoot to kill. And I'm extremely worried by the fact that despite all deaths caused by police requiring immediate paperwork there is no statistics done about it.

The only thing I could think of in this whole thing was how similar this situation was to the case that started the L.A. Riots back in 1992. Very similar.

I don't know if he is guilty. Similar incidents seem to happen to often in the US. It reflects badly on the police and it seems to give a lot of black people validation for their gut feeling that there are still inequalities in the American society.

I can't say I can't understand that. Statistics don't lie. I think it is virtually impossible to understand as a caucasian what its like to be black and live with that heritage. It only gets worse if we don't even try to look in to it and our hearts and try and understand.

This incident imo showed a serious problem area in society, especially in America, but also present in for example our Dutch society. The way of protesting is decided by raw emotion, raw emotion with a much more deeper background then just this incident. I don't want to judge it, but ofcourse authorities have to stop it. I hope someday these incidents will bring an open debate, but I doubt it, people are scared of the topic of racism/equality on a deeper selfreflective level.

But again, can't say ifhe is guilty. American cops, compared to most European law inforcers, are quite forceful in their approach. It goesmuch deeper, but I doubt getting into it will intereet anybody here. I think the police chief over there raised good points, even though he shouldn't have brought themalmost as an excuse. Thats not what America claims to stand for.

I'm going to vote that I don't know on this because I wasn't there, do not have a forensics degree, law degree, or am qualified to make an educated decision on it when I don't have all of the facts, and neither does anyone else here besides those that are part of the trial or part of the family.

There is no way for an outside person to know what truly went down. It's not possible considering media doesn't have access to the finer details that go into the grand jury making a choice in these kinds of cases.

I don't know if he is guilty. Similar incidents seem to happen to often in the US. It reflects badly on the police and it seems to give a lot of black people validation for their gut feeling that there are still inequalities in the American society.

I can't say I can't understand that. Statistics don't lie. I think it is virtually impossible to understand as a caucasian what its like to be black and live with that heritage. It only gets worse if we don't even try to look in to it and our hearts and try and understand.

This incident imo showed a serious problem area in society, especially in America, but also present in for example our Dutch society. The way of protesting is decided by raw emotion, raw emotion with a much more deeper background then just this incident. I don't want to judge it, but ofcourse authorities have to stop it. I hope someday these incidents will bring an open debate, but I doubt it, people are scared of the topic of racism/equality on a deeper selfreflective level.

But again, can't say ifhe is guilty. American cops, compared to most European law inforcers, are quite forceful in their approach. It goesmuch deeper, but I doubt getting into it will intereet anybody here. I think the police chief over there raised good points, even though he shouldn't have brought themalmost as an excuse. Thats not what America claims to stand for.

I love Nordic cops, I think they handle situations very nicely. I do think police officers in America are too rough, however. And by Dutch culture, are you referring to Black Pete by any chance?

Keep it civil guys. You have one shot at this. (Preferably not in the back if you catch my drift)

:l Really?

I live in Missouri, I've been around some of the protests but at least they were peaceful, I'm not in Ferguson thank goodness though. Thing is, whether or not the kid did anything at all, I don't believe the officer needed to shoot him. Shooting, in my opinion, needs to be the very last resort. There are other, less lethal ways to incapacitate someone thought to have committed a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back