• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Catchphrases/Greetings for Villagers.

MayorofMapleton

Mayor of Mapleton, now Island Rep. of Oldenbell
Bells
What are some of your favourite catchprhases/greetings that villagers have or your favourite ones you have given to your villagers?

Can also explain why if you want to.

soo i have a few i got from tv shows haha
vv
- maple's catchphrase is "pinetree" : what bill calls dipper in gravity falls
- bonbon's catchphrase is "shootingstar" : what bill calls mabel in gravity falls
- raymond's greeting is "hel-lo" : quoting my boy alastor from hazbin hotel
- bea's catchphrase is "cookie" : not from a tv show, bea just looks like my old dog, who was called cookie
- frobert and judy's catchphrase is "sparkles" : what catra calls glimmer in she-ra

frobert took judy's catchphrase, idk when but i'm not too bothered, i think it's cute ☆

Okay, I dug as deep as I could on my Twitter but I post too much, lol. I'll stick with recent ones.

Ep0pDmvUUAAr5Qz

Ep0pDmiVQAAqha2

EnOkiMAUcAA7GAx

This might be my favorite because it's strangely intimidating. It was a typo for "next time" and I was encouraged by @/dizzy bone to use it, lol.

EjXLLl8UwAY2MD9

Pecan is long gone but yeah.

Right now neck time and darling are two competing catchphrases that are spreading.

I wish I put my thought into catchphrases/greetings but I always panic on the spot and just write the first thing that comes to mind. my favourite thing to do for a while was make villager catchphrases insults (wise guy, fool, some less PG ones) just because it made everything sound very passive agressive

I get so stressed when my villagers ask me to change their catchphrase/greeting because I never know what to tell them!! I think my favorite villager catchphrases are Lolly's (bonbon) and Tia's (teacup). Tia's is so cute because it matches her name and her design

I love coming up with stupid phrases.

One that I gave Billy was "trash" cuz his normal house is the garbage set. He spread it to Puddles, and it's much more fun listening to her call me trash.

I made Miranda say "bébé" because the new snooty personality reminds me a lot of Moira from Schitt's Creek. Erik took it and it's not quite the same.

One of my old favorites from NL was giving Agnes the phrase "#YOLO" and I have to find someone new to give that to lol.

Recently gave Billy "broseph" and I feel like anything with "bro" in it just works for jocks.

I haven't changed any catchphrases, but for greetings, I usually try to do something related to their personality or what type of animal they are.

I made Poppy's greeting "nutty buddy" because her catchphrase is "nutty". I made Lolly's greeting "meow" since she's a cat, which is simple, but sounds sweet when she says it and waves.

while i haven’t given my villagers any new catchphrases nor do i have plans to, my favourite greeting atm is margie’s “hi, petal!”. it’s simple but i think it works nicely with her kindhearted personality, her floral design and the fact that i have her house in a garden / date spot area. ☺️

All of my villagers have their default catchphrases... except for Diana. "No doy" just rubbed me the wrong way every time she said it. So, when I finally got her to ask me to change her catchphrase, I gave her "dear" instead. Partially because I think it suits the snooty personality to call everyone "dear," but also because she is a deer, and that just amused me. ^o^;>

Here's one of my fave greetings:

2020082509483700_s.jpg

Was really surprised that Sterling's second line fit the greeting perfectly.

I don't have pictures but some of my favorite villager catchphrases that I gave are: "jigglebits" (Rolf), "bish" (Maple), "doot doot" (Buzz). I recently gave Tasha a new greeting, "Spill the tea".

Last edited:
There are some default catchphrases that I think are perfect and would never change. These include:
Bob - pthhpth
Klaus - strudel
Alfonso - it's a me
Paula - yodelay
Jay - heeeeeyy (I love this one)
Tom - me-YOWZA
Portia - ruffian (This is so brilliant for a snooty dog)
Velma - blih
Chadder - fromage
Freya - uff da

These are some of my custom catchphrases for my villagers.
Rolf - nosepuffs (I love his adorable nosepuffs... and apparently so do my other villagers, because this is the one catchphrase that the other villagers love to copy more than any other, which can get pretty funny depending on who's currently using it.)
Agent S - ⭐SUPER⭐ (She's a superstar super hero, plus, it makes her sound a little bit like Franky from One Piece, who's totally one of her role models.)
Broccolo - bocci (Just a cute version of broccoli!)
Bettina - cheddar (I thought it was a cute catchphrase for a mouse who enjoys cooking.)
Chops - ma ma ma🎵 (This is straight up taken from Igaram from One Piece... it just seemed fitting.)
Tex - chilly (I thought this was fitting for a smug penguin.)
Flo - breezy (I wanted a cool counterpart catchphrase for Flo to go with Tex's catchphrase. Right now, Ankha is using it, too, because she and Flo are bffs.)

Rocco’s default “hippie” has always been a favorite for me idk why

You all have some fantastic greeting and catchphrase ideas. I love them.
I just told all my villagers to say "mom" so it sounds like they're calling me their mom whenever they talk to me
I'm not a mother irl or anything it just amuses me

I love giving custom catchphrases and greetings to my villagers! Here are some I like:

Whitney's "vogue"
Coach's "Olympian"
Poppy's "folklore"

Mine all have their default catchphrases because I was under the impression that if you change it, they share it with each other and I want them all to be unique. Can someone confirm?

I like most of their default catchphrases, my favourites being Dotty (wee one) and Lilly (bonbon).

@Kattea
Yeah they will definitely share the catchphrases and there was time I instantly regretted giving Norma, "udderly cool" (because she's a cow) and then my stupid mouse villager took it. Then it just became disturbing, but I like giving them new catchphrases despite the risk, lol.

Oh yeah, another thing I used to do all the time in NL, I would make their catchphrase their name. It was funny, someone's it me it seem like they were talking to themselves.

Other ones I'll use are "obviously" "duh" "y'know" and "if I may" cuz they sound like natural parts of conversation that give personality.

Some of my favourites.

Coach: "Barbells" and "Codger"
Boomer: "Bidi Bidi Boom" "Bombs away"
Papi: "Knock on wood" "Brokapi"
Sterling: "Good Morrow"
Dobie: "Howl's it Going" "Pen-Pal"
Lionel: "A Roaring Good Day!"
Drago: "Nom Nom" and "Aw Applesauce"
Beardo: "Oh oh, SMASHING"

Back