• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Epic New Ocarina of Time 3D Trailer

Tyeforce

Bells

What's that...? Could it be...?! ORCHESTRATED MUSIC?! =O Of course, it may only be for the purpose of the trailer, but who knows...

Any time I see something about Link, I think of that Creepy Pasta Majora's Mask story. Looks okay though.

They're not re-orchestrating the tracks. Nintendo's stated that already. It's only for the trailer.

They're not re-orchestrating the tracks. Nintendo's stated that already. It's only for the trailer.
When did Nintendo say that? As far as I know, they've kept completely quiet on the matter. We've heard that the demos don't have orchestrated music, but who's to say that Nintendo just didn't include the new music in the demos? It certainly won't have been the first time they've done it, as they did it with Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and even with Skyward Sword. Of course, I could just be getting my hopes up for nothing, lol. But even if there isn't any new orchestrated music, I hope that this orchestrated trailer song at least makes it in the game some way like Twilight Princess's orchestrated trailer music did.

i'll pass, thanks.

same polygons, new textures. blah.
There are still some noticeable polygons, but it's nowhere near as bad as the original game. Plus the updated animations and improved frame rate really make it look a lot nicer.

Unfortunately, this will be one of the games I'll probably buy last on the 3DS.

So it seems that Mahito Yokota, the composer for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and also the upcoming Skyward Sword, has been listed as the composer for Ocarina of Time 3D. More evidence of a possible orchestrated soundtrack! =D Or he could have just made the trailer music and touched up the original music a bit, but I'm still hoping for the best, lol.

But, the real question we need to ask is, WHAT HAPPENS IF WE PLAY IT BACKWARDS?

There are still some noticeable polygons, but it's nowhere near as bad as the original game. Plus the updated animations and improved frame rate really make it look a lot nicer.
just play it on project 64.
the textures aren't updated, but you get the ability to add in anti aliasing, along with virtually unlimited fps, if you wanted to do so.

and guess what: if you already own the OoT cartridge, it's perfectly legal. there is no reason for me to think about buying this game. (again.)

just play it on project 64.
the textures aren't updated, but you get the ability to add in anti aliasing, along with virtually unlimited fps, if you wanted to do so.

and guess what: if you already own the OoT cartridge, it's perfectly legal. there is no reason for me to think about buying this game. (again.)
Even so, that's not changing anything about the game except output resolution. With the 3DS version, not only is it playing in 3D, but it's also portable. And there are new features that make the game even better, like using the Touch Screen for items, using the gyroscope for aiming (which I was skeptical about at first, but everyone is saying that it works extremely well), the Visions system for people who need a little hint sometimes (not that it's something that I'll be using), the additions to the Water Temple that make it much less annoying, and so on. And of course there's the mirrored, more difficult Master Quest, plus a boss battle mode, and possibly more that hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe all that doesn't warrant a purchase for you, but it sure does to me. (Plus I can finally make my boyfriend finish Ocarina of Time for once! XD)

And here's a little comparison of the graphics for you. On top, the 3DS version, with all its improvements. Below, the original version, emulated in HD.

screen09.jpg

r9Hbe.jpg

HD or not, the 3DS versions is still looks loads better than the original.

I still don't understand why exactly one would pay for the exact same game with some gimmicks thrown in. It's the same thing, you're not getting anything new, besides 3D, which obviously represents a gigantic difference. </sarcasm>

I still don't understand why exactly one would pay for the exact same game with some gimmicks thrown in. It's the same thing, you're not getting anything new, besides 3D, which obviously represents a gigantic difference. </sarcasm>

Some people don't own it anymore or a wii. Some people haven't played it. And there's the people like me that want to play it and be able to take the game wherever they go without emulators.

There's also those people that never got Master Quest and (like Brad said) don't have the original game anymore.
Besides, it is portable and there are new features that aren't just gimmicks as well.

Even so, that's not changing anything about the game except output resolution. With the 3DS version, not only is it playing in 3D, but it's also portable. And there are new features that make the game even better, like using the Touch Screen for items, using the gyroscope for aiming (which I was skeptical about at first, but everyone is saying that it works extremely well), the Visions system for people who need a little hint sometimes (not that it's something that I'll be using), the additions to the Water Temple that make it much less annoying, and so on. And of course there's the mirrored, more difficult Master Quest, plus a boss battle mode, and possibly more that hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe all that doesn't warrant a purchase for you, but it sure does to me. (Plus I can finally make my boyfriend finish Ocarina of Time for once! XD)

And here's a little comparison of the graphics for you. On top, the 3DS version, with all its improvements. Below, the original version, emulated in HD.

screen09.jpg

r9Hbe.jpg

HD or not, the 3DS versions is still looks loads better than the original.
if you're looking at the environments in this pic, sure.
but look at the character models, and tell me there was a significant leap. aside from link and maybe a handful (i'm thinking zelda, ganondorf, and possibly impa/saria) others, pretty much everything looks the same, and i have a feeling that aside from the gyroscope aim, the game is going to control about the same. items will be on touch screen instead of buttons or some odd fixing up, but it will still feel the same.

boss battle mode is fine, but that isn't something i'm going to buy a full game for.
source on water temple being changed at all? that seems really distant to what i expect from nintendo. it's hypocritical, but i think if they're going to call the game a port/redo, they should have the same game. i dunno.

portability is possible with a decent laptop. won't have antialiasing and you'll need a ps3 controller + bluetooth dongle wih you (since having it connected wired is kinda silly if portable) but i can't help but doubt people are going to be playing OoT on the go all the time. just my assumptions/opinions, but i think people who actually leave the house and play this game are going to be outnumbered by those who lean back on their couch and play this.

not that it changes gameplay in any way, it just kills the argument of "it's portable so that's why i want it."
i doubt you go on road/plane trips often enough to warrant the "i'm always on the go and have enough time to play a game" excuse.

and @ your first sentence, please read my post. you said in your last post that the 3ds will have a higher fps count, which is cool i guess, but you then turn around and ignore that pretty much any computer could play it better if you're looking solely at the fps count.

master quest's inclusion is something i didn't think of, but probably would have after remembering it. glad they decided to include it, i guess.
also, master quest isn't mirrored in any way, it's just the same general storyline/locales, but with much more challenging puzzles where they matter (from the first dungeon i played, at least).

i think there are better things i could spend my $40, if i owned a 3ds. but then again, i didn't buy a 3ds, so i'm not exactly starved for games.

Conveniently enough, I've never owned any of the N64 Zeldas. 8D I'm looking forward to picking this one up, assuming I get a 3DS~!

Back