• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Easy ways to make Money? (OTHER THAN BEETLES)

just go to the island for about an hour.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's not JUST beetles, it's non-native fruit, hermit crabs, sharks, and mermaid furniture you can sell.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's not JUST beetles, it's non-native fruit, hermit crabs, sharks, and mermaid furniture you can sell.

Not to rub this in or anything, but last week I bought 2.7 million bells worth of turnips, and made a little over 11 million. Turnips are a great way to make money.

Also, sell your perfect fruit in someone else's town. Actually, sell your native fruit in someone else's town. It doesn't seem like a lot of money, but it'll add up.

Update your Dream Address every day. You can make 150,000 bells a month from just doing that.

Last edited:
Turnips are an absolute waste of time. Most I've ever made from them is nothing more than like a 300k profit. Not to mention that you are locked into not being able to TT, and wasting valuable locker space. Stick to TBT Bell conversions and Re-Tail board. The former can net me 1.35m over a weekend after being converted to ACNL bells. The latter, I can say is the number one way I got my bells.

How are turnips a waste of time? Plenty of people have made millions off them, and remember not everyone time travlels. Turnips are by far the best way to make money, you just need to find a good price.

Turnips are a waste imo. I bought nearly a locker's full and sold it only to get 4mil [the price was high, above 500], I shouldn't have bothered since it took like an hour to sell all the turnips. Nobody has super high prices these days which mean TBT Bells selling and villager selling is my only resort.

I'd buy whole sets out of Gracie's, which costs about 1-2 million depending on which set it is, and then re-sell them for triple. I haven't done that in a long time though, but it got me up to 50 million bells.

I don't miss it. If you think properly about it, even then you can't make too much money. I had a 500+ price, sold my turnips and made a 4mil profit from almost double turnips worth of what I bought. You can't always be lucky with turnips, and I wasn't.

I don't miss it. If you think properly about it, even then you can't make too much money. I had a 500+ price, sold my turnips and made a 4mil profit from almost double turnips worth of what I bought. You can't always be lucky with turnips, and I wasn't.

4 mil is a great amount. turnips are also easy to sell, and not tedious like beetles.

I use the camping method for beetles, and I cash in about 15mil a week alone from selling some popular bugs, it takes me 30 mins per day [since I tt] max.

Well, tting can make things a lot easier. You can do the same without tt anyway, I was describing an ingame week, not an actual week.

Turnips turnips turnips. I went from 45000 bells to 50 million by turnips in a few weeks. I can only hope I can achieve that fortune again in my new town.
Also beetles at the island, usually net me at least 1M per trip for the rarer ones.

Last edited:
Well, tting can make things a lot easier. You can do the same without tt anyway, I was describing an ingame week, not an actual week.

To get 15 million from beetles, without time travelling youd have to have absoulutley nothing else to do with your life

even then, 15 million in half an hour? yeah. nice try.

Last edited:
I would do Beetle Hunting, but I only make 400k per round trip, PLUS it takes a long time. The most I've made is 510k. It's good at the beginning of the game, but when you really get into it (IMO), it becomes inefficient.

Well i would like to say you here that a lot of individuals offer turnips, but I can't hassle with that. Promoting villagers is also a way, or you could offer undesirable products on here. I've created most of my cash selling products on here. It's still not a lot but it's more than I would have had otherwise. You could also offer compounds if you have those.

idk, all methods are slow to me. but, maybe i just suck at making money.

it takes me 1-2 hours to get my box filled with good beetles on the island. usually, i have almost three boxes full of golden beetles on a good day or 1-2 on an ok one.

once, i got a turnip spike, so my cousin and i bought turnips at her town for 91 bells, and we spent the whole day together ( like 5-7 hours, i can't remember ), and made her 10+ mil since she was just starting out, but it took sooo long & i never did it again. D:

idk how other people hunt quickly on the island or have the space/time to do turnips. @A@;;;

Turnips are good if you watch the turnip price thread here every day. During the week there will be SOMEONE who has a spike and is offering their town to people selling.
Also, if you don't want to wait until Sunday to buy, or Joan is selling for more than you'd like, people also have their towns open for you to buy from Joan, at cheap prices.
This way, you could make a fair amount doing turnips. Start off small and gradually increase until you're making big profits.

Back