• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Easter Event Coming Friday With Changes! Backdrops Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Easter is approaching, which means our famous Bell Tree egg hunt is also around the corner! Like our previous egg hunts on TBT, you'll follow clues to find the hidden eggs, which you can use to purchase brand new Easter egg collectibles. Join us this upcoming Friday, April 15th until Monday, April 18th to participate.

It's one of our most anticipated, yet feared, events here on The Bell Tree. However, we're trying out a few changes this year, which we want to explain ahead of time. First, as you can see by the dates above, we're starting the event about half a day early with one batch of clues going live Friday night. However, we're also making a big change to the overall structure and to how we enforce the event's rules.

One of the more stressful elements of the egg hunt for the staff, and I'm sure some users, has been our obligation to enforce rules against participants sharing answers. In the name of fairness, we've previously stressed that the egg hunt should be done by individuals with no assistance, but multiple users have been tempted to break this rule every year. This year, we will not be enforcing this rule in the same way in hopes of creating a more relaxing experience for both users and staff. While we will not allow answers to be posted publicly, we will not be disqualifying participants who work together privately. Other changes will help prevent this from making the egg hunt too easy for users who like to get help from others.

Like previous hunts, clues will be posted in batches of four as the event progresses. However, the types of clues will follow a uniform structure in each batch: 2 solo clues, 1 submitted puzzle, and 1 community clue. The "solo" clues are regular clues that will lead you somewhere where an egg is hidden.

As you may remember, our "puzzle" clues require you to submit a specific word to receive an egg. However, this type of clue is being changed. You will now only be able to submit your guess once, not over and over until you get it right. Your answer will be submitted in a board, where we will distribute eggs to those who got the correct answer after 24 hours, so you'll want to login each day to make sure you submit your answers in time. With this change, you will no longer know for sure if your answer is the correct one until we announce it after the 24 hours is over. The purpose of doing it this way is to limit the benefits of working together.

Speaking of working together, the third and brand new type of clue for our Easter egg hunt is the community clue! These will be harder, but all users can work together publicly in the event thread in order to figure out the answer. Those of you who participated in Camp Bell Tree last summer will be familiar with how this might work.

Moving on from the different types of clues, the final change we are making to the egg hunt is adding bonus rewards, usually in the form of an additional egg currency or even a collectible. These will help encourage more users to work on their own and will also allow us to reward those who do. One example is rewarding any user who finds the egg where only 100 or fewer people found it. The more users you share answers with, the less likely you are to receive this bonus. We will also reward the first person to find each clue because we know they figured it out on their own. Finally, this is also how we will reward the coveted Golden Easter Egg this year: the person who is first to find the most clues will be rewarded with it. In case of ties, we will look at who solved them in the shortest amount of time.

Hopefully these changes will make things a little less stressful, but not remove too much of the event's competitiveness, while also introducing some fun new elements. This, of course, is the first time we're trying these changes, so future events can always be altered if something doesn't work out. Let us know what you think!

However, you won't have to wait until Friday to share your Easter excitement because four Easter backdrops are now available, including two brand new ones!

Easter Blush, Easter Equinox, Soft Cascade, Prismatic Glow

backdrop-easter-blush.png
backdrop-easter-equinox-d.png
backdrop-soft-cascade.png
backdrop-prismatic-glow.png

Backdrops are backgrounds that go behind your user information at the left (or top on mobile) of your posts. We have two new Easter backdrops this year. Easter Blush created by @Mistreil and Easter Equinox, which changes with day and night, created by @dizzy bone. Two backdrops from last Easter, Soft Cascade and Prismatic Glow, both created by @Chris, are also available.

These can now be purchased in the shop until April 20th, but they are only temporary and will stop being displayed after April 29th no matter when you purchased them. They will be removed from your inventory, so keep that in mind when deciding which ones to spend your bells on!

These temporary backdrops will cost 85 bells each, except for the changing Easter Equinox, which will cost 95 bells. You can find them in the Backdrop section of our shop here.

zipperby2.gif

We hope you're excited for the new version of our egg hunt coming this Friday. We'll see you then!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for doing this staff! This sounds fun this will be my first egg hunt :)

Ahh I'm already excited for it, hopefully I'll do alright! ;v; This'll be my second egg hunt, and the changes to the format sound interesting! I can't wait to see what the event collectibles will be too.
And thank you for the gorgeous Easter backdrops!! ✨

Speaking of working together, the third and brand new type of clue for our Easter egg hunt is the community clue! These will be harder, but all users can work together publicly in the event thread in order to figure out the answer. Those of you who participated in Camp Bell Tree last summer will be familiar with how this might work.
oh

oh no

oh god no

I'm looking forward to it. I already took time off work in anticipation of the Easter Egg Hunt. I can't wait to see the new collectibles and I'm loving my backdrop!

I’m not ready for more clue based challenges, lol. I might actually be passing on this event. I’m excited to see everyone’s Easter aesthetic, though, with the new backdrops.

im not taking time off for it but i am def interested to see what kind of puzzles are waiting to be solved :D

oh boy oh boy... It's time...

the one-chance puzzles are definitely going to stress me out since i won't know if i got the right answer immediately. hoping that kind friends will help a struggling pal out :')

very very excited for this new format though!

I will never get those puzzles :eek: I remember a year, I knew the answer but never managed to write it correctly.
I'm one of those trying and trying again 😅

Yay new backdrops.
Edit: The Easter Equinox one doesn't look as yellow as the picture. Maybe it's just me?

Yay new backdrops.
Edit: The Easter Equinox one doesn't look as yellow as the picture. Maybe it's just me?
"changing Easter Equinox" I guess the colors change with the time of the day?

Reactions: oak
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back