• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Dream Review Thread

My town is also on WIP status so it's quite messy but feel free to vist, I'll be glad if you let me know your impressions about it: 6800-2282-4553

mines in my signature, ill check out yours too :) need to get 2nd dream badge

On first impression, your town felt pretty good. The trees and bushes around the plaza were really nice, and the path you picked was quite lovely. The places where you've lined it with flowers looks good as you've boardered it while not sealing it completely off. Mikasa's house was rather unusual. I'm not normally a fan of mismatched furniture, but in this case it seemed to work. I'd be interested to know what you plan to do with the two empty rooms on the first floor. Cecilia's house has obviously only just been expanded. You may want to consider adding more furniture to that room since what's there won't fill the new space properly. Misty's house; again, the furniture is all mismatched, but there seems to be a general sense of what each room is, so that doesn't really seem to matter. The room on the left is a little hard to move around in because there's so much furniture in there. Overall, the town feels pretty good. You've obviously contributed a lot of time to the landscaping and placement of PWPs but I think, just as a suggestion, you should consider now working on your residents' houses, particularly Cecilia's.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dream Address in signature :)

The choice and layout of paths was really great, and all your landscaping is impressive. I liked how Gabby's shanty house was surrounded by dead trees. I thought that looked really cool. The song you chose in the main room along with the axe just casually lying around carried this theme through into the house. The room itself felt pretty good, maybe a little odd for all the instruments on the left wall, but good. Your back room felt a bit plain and I think that adding a carpet and wallpaper as well as more furniture would make it feel fuller. Upstairs, the parts of the sloppy series made it feel like a realistic bedroom, although the random instruments everywhere also made it feel kind of... not so realistic.
I love how wide all your paths are. The sort of "under the sea" theme you have going on in your mayor's house is strange but it seems to work. The room on the left is quite calming and beautiful and I think you've done a great job at filling the centre of the room while still having enough space to access every item of furniture in the room. I also like that you've screened off the bed and bath, since it would be sort of weird to have a bedroom and bathroom in one, but the way you've pulled the pink, blue and white together is really great. The back room is like a formal sitting room/ library, and it feels very open yet official. It looks great. You have a real skill at pulling random items of furniture together and making them work without feeling disconnected and random. he kitchen is charming but I feel like there's a huge block of wasted space in the middle. That was just a thought, is all. Most of your furniture seems pressed up against the wall with things like the breakfast bar giving the room some depth, but you still basically have a void in the middle. Upstairs, so I'm thinking internet cafe? It looks good, however you can't actually access the back row of chairs, which sort of deducts from the room's functionality. Downstairs feels quite natural, although I feel like it's not dense enough. Adding another row of plants would take that away, but that's just a thought.
Overall, I think you've done a great job planning out your town.

Mine is a huge WIP but I would love it if you would visit DA is 5200-3732-3031

The pathwork around your plaza is fantastic and lining it with blue and pink roses gave it a great impact. Your main path is also very charming. Your layout of flowers, path and PWPs is good. It feels well thought out and deliberate, which is good. Shaina's house looks great from the outside. I love how you've carried the sweets theme into the main room, however it does feel a little empty. I know the sweets series is really expensive, but you should consider putting more furniture in the room. It doesn't have to be part of the sweets series. Just have a look over your catalogue and see what works. Or shuffle around what you already have in there and move your furniture off the walls. The same for the room on the left. The advantage of the princess series is that it works with almost anything that's white. Mixing in the regal series (refurbishing it pink or blue will tie the colours together) or adding parts of the weeding day series will give your room more substance so that it doesn't feel so bare. Your bathroom is great. The minute you walk in, there is such a clear sense of what this room is. The only criticism I have is the two stools behind the tables. This layout not only blocks your lockers from being able to open, but it also makes your stools unaccessable. If the functionality of a piece of furniture is blocked because something else is in the way, then HHA points are automatically deducted. The rococo room felt great. You've used all the space in the room, including the centre, but it's still easy to move around. I don't really have any criticisms of it. The Pave series upstairs was also well laid out, not to mention earning you some massive points from the HHA. I didn't see any major flaws with it, either. Downstairs was also great, although the small spaces between the furniture did make it sort of hard to walk around.
You've done a good job on the facade of Charming's house, as well. The inside and outside feel a little disconnected, but you've carried the theme through the whole inside of the house, which is good. The layout of all the rooms is well thought out, although I feel like some atmospheric music would really help to set the mood. The library looked great although I had to shift the angle of my screen so I could see where I was going because the open wall was blocked by bookcases. That's not bad, it was just a thought. Upstairs is sort of cute but it doesn't seem to match the rest of the house. Downstairs. Oooh, creepy, but just a question; what is the table doing there? It seems to break the mood a little. The room feels almost like a cemetery with the flowers and tissues, and then you have a mad scientist's table. Either would work, but I don't know if they work together. I also still think you need some really ominous music to make it more edgy. Hypno K.K. would work really well, just as an example.
For a work in progress, you've done a really good job. Overall, the town looks great.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My town is also on WIP status so it's quite messy but feel free to vist, I'll be glad if you let me know your impressions about it: 6800-2282-4553

Wow, all those flowers! I love all your paths, but what I do think is that having them lined with trees from the front makes it feel sort of hard to actually see. If you put the trees behind, it would work. Just a suggestion is all. The stone PWP with the crosses and the trees felt so eerie. Boo's house looked good from the outside. Inside the main room, I felt like it was hard to move around. The cafe to the left was brilliant, although I think the sofa near the piano is a bit odd. I don't know about you, but when I play the piano, I definitely find it easier to play sitting on a stool. Apart from that, no criticisms.The room on the right... Whoa... I think I got a cavity just BEING in that room. It looked good overall but again, I felt like there was just too much furniture and it was hard to walk. The princess room out the back was glorious. It reminds me of high tea. The room upstairs feels pretty good. It's easier to navigate through the furniture and doesn't feel as crowded. Downstairs looked quite calming and peaceful, although the sharpness of the light seemed to ruin that a little. I think you might want to consider softer lighting in there so that it's not as coarse.
Now, Mika's house. It has a very natural, zen feel, but I don't like that you have to actually get on and then off the bed to access the back room. The back room was great. It felt really good. The rooms to the left and right were also good, but I thought that the right one was maybe a little crowded. Upstairs felt very connected and it was easier to move through. The worship room downstairs was a little creepy. I thought it was great how you had a zen theme going around the house, though. It really helped to establish the difference between this house and your other ones.
The town layout was fantastic. It's obvious you've thought about each area and what you want to achieve with it, but I feel that, as a general rule, your houses are just too crowded with furniture. The way you've carried a consistent theme throughout the house is great, though. You've done a good job.

insert your review here :3
Thanks so much for the review! I will definitely work on the princess and sweets rooms I have more sweets and princess furniture in storage that I will add to them. Good idea about music in Charming's house I will add some in to her house soon. Also the mad scientist table isn't supposed to be down there, I am making a lab on the second floor where the insect set is, and I put the table in the basement for a bit :3

Thanks so much for the review! I will definitely work on the princess and sweets rooms I have more sweets and princess furniture in storage that I will add to them. Good idea about music in Charming's house I will add some in to her house soon. Also the mad scientist table isn't supposed to be down there, I am making a lab on the second floor where the insect set is, and I put the table in the basement for a bit :3

I thought it might be something like that.

Thank you so much for your time and review! This is going to help me improve a lot ^^

Thank you for the review! Also, Gabby's house is supposed to be 'haunted' themed; which is why the whole house seems so strange ^^

Would you like to visit mine? Dream Code - 5000-4231-8673 Still gathering flowers and road is 90% finished

Your paths are nice and wide and they're easy to follow, which is good. I feel like your town is organised and you've planned the placement of all your PWPs and your landscaping. Matthew's house had a good layout, but I thought that the left wall was bare compared to the rest of the room. Upstairs was just a strange amalgamation of unorderable stuff. I don't think there was any purpose in mixing the Nintendo items with the balloon series, and it looked random.
I have one general comment about the town and the house; it's a good start, but I feel as though it lacks a sense of direction. There's obvious planning in the layout of the town, but it feels sort of mismatched. You have different bridges and a modern bench and then other bits and pieces. Sometimes discontinuity within a town works when it's purposely divided up into sections, but I don't think that's what you're trying to go for. You've good at placing your PWPs but I think you just may want to have a deeper think about which ones you should use. That was just a thought, is all.

If you have any free time on your hands, here is my town:

Mayor: Melyora
Town: Maerd
DA: 7500-4305-2822

It is still very much a WIP, and I haven't been really playing actively lately (mostly trying to TT certain someones out... Del needs to go badly, and I promised I'd give Ankha to someone), but any tips on landscaping is always appreciated!

Qvaric_Storyteller,

Here is my review of your town.…

Candy83

TOWN: Qvaria
DREAM ADDRESS: 6000–3614–9554
NATIVE FRUIT: Pear
MAYOR: Lia (Windsor, Declahn)
VILLAGERS:
01. Gwen (Snooty)
02. Pompom (Peppy)
03. Bam (Jock)
04. Kidd (Smug)
05. Erik (Lazy)
06. Butch (Cranky)
07. Curlos (Smug, 2)
08. Flip (Jock, 2)
09. Cranston (Lazy, 2)
10. Sally (Normal)​

I decided to address two areas: the interiors of humans' houses and the feel of the town.

• Mayor's house: Pics of Static and Rosie on the first floor are nice, but they won't garner the points from Lyle that pics of current villagers receive.… The Princess theme in living room d?cor are nice.… This is a Fairy-Tale theme house.… The back room is pretty sweet; it has a sauna/bathroom feel to it with Rococo for wallpaper and flooring.… The left room is the kitchen. It has extra furniture that are sinks and ranges. Some people like to do this with a kitchen. One thing I'd suggest is to take the Kitchen Island, and the stools, and flip it (them) around. The sink and range of the Kitchen Island being next to the table and chairs seems out of sort.… The right-side room is bare; so there is no review.… The basement creation of a library with the tall shelves is cool. The Museum Floor is a wise choice.… The Ice furniture for the upstairs room is illuminating. Having two of a number of that theme's items (like with a bed) makes it even more impressive.… And, with the exterior of Mayor Lia's house, I like that it is surrounded by White Carnations and Pink Hydrangea Bushes. They make for a classy combination. (Exterior of house is Fairy-Tale.)

• Windsor's house: First floor is a bathroom with lots of Gold furniture items. The bathroom wall (forget the exact name of that design), along with a few other items, make me wonder if this is the early stage of creating a house that has a particular theme to it. (Such a sauna.) … Part of this is also attributed to the second floor being a blank with wallpaper and floor. I think the items in this room may have come from Leif. (Exterior of house is Sweets.)

• Declahn's house: This is apparently new. There is only one piece of furniture, on the main floor, in this two-story house. So there is nothing to say in terms of a review. (Exterior is Zen.)

In my previous town reviews, for Bell Tree Forums members, I have tended not to focus on the interior of humans' houses because I'm chiefly interested in how the town flows. Given that Qvaric_Storyteller touched on that topic, in reviews of my three towns, the above shows I'm willing to cover this area of reviewing as well. But, still, I'm mostly interested in being outside and exploring the towns I visit via a Dream Address.

I do like the map of Qvaria. I'm getting the feeling this is may be a reset town; or it may be new but that there are a lot of hybrids that were probably transferred from another town. (I'm not sure. I just think Qvaria_Storyteller has a good amount in mind about where he/she wants to take this town of Qvaria.)

I like how those flowers were arranged. In my second town, Progress, I'm using my "Cycle" town mayor to help clean up the dumping of flowers that were senselessly and seemingly everywhere. In Qvaria, that doesn't at all appear to be any concern.

I'm interested in what may come of Qvaria. The town has a lot of space that can be developed. For example, in the upper-east of the town, there is limited space. And some Public Work Projects will be a challenge in getting the clearance from secretary Isabelle. It's poor design from "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." But, even with the limitations, it can be dealt with. The west side of the town, particularly immediately south of the Town Hall and the area (which includes the Campsite) that are on the south side of the north/south bridge, makes me think it could be a two-part park. I like the northern part having the side-by-side Metal Bench[es]. I get the feeling there is plenty more to come of this town.

I do want to address the cast of villagers. The one Villager Personality Type not at all represented is the Uchi. I think (no, make that, strongly believe) there needs to be one in Qvaria. A reason for this is because the town looks very much like it should have a Windmill. The Wisteria Trellis would also look good; that, too, is suggested by Uchi villagers.

I would suggest, what with mentioning a possible developing park on the west side, consideration of eliminating the second Lazy that is Cranston. (I mention him, among the extra Villager Personality Types, because of his house location.) And then a suggestion is to replace Cranston with an Uchi that meets with your approval. This town looks very much like a Fairy-Tale theme (I love the paths, too!) is the direction it's heading; and it looks like the grounds need to be friendly with a good amount of flowers and greenery and Public Works Projects that flow well with those good amounts of flowers and greenery. The Wisteria Trellis, which I have in my first town Applewin (it was suggested by Uchi cub Tammy), is a Public Works Project that, not unlike with the Windmill, enhances the enjoyment one gets in exploring a town. (Especially if it's your own town.)

I enjoyed the Dream Address visit to Qvaria. (I used my Progress Mayor Cameron to take the trip.) And I think Qvaria shows a lot of promise. The more Public Works Projects that come through, the better the development of the town. It will continue to get better.

Last edited:
Back