• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Door Hanging Glitch

Darcii

Crazy Cat Lady
Bells
Switch
2185-9903-9018
Hi everyone!
I have an interesting glitch occuring. I gifted Sprinkle a door hanging. Within a few hours of her putting it up, I couldn't enter her house. No message comes up, just can't go in. She would still come and go though. Now she's stuck at the door. I can't interact with her, but she turns her head when I move. Restarting does nothing. Any ideas? ;_;

Gosh I'm sorry but I personally can't help. I guess you could try fix it by moving her house, but if it doesn't work it would have been a waste of bells. Hmm if I think of another way, i'll let you know

Woah what? I’ve never heard of this glitch before it seems super scary D: maybe try mailing her another door item to see if she changes it? I’ve given all my cats paw hangers so far and haven’t had them glitched

Thank you both! I'll post a video later tonight when my tiny human is in bed. It's so puzzling. Like you say I could move her or wait for her to eventually move out, but I like her and also don't want to spend bells unnecessarily.

Bump!
I uploaded a short video. Any other ideas anyone? I'll report it to Nintendo too.

Have you tried hitting her repeatedly with the net? It could trigger her to turn around if she becomes angry.

Huh. Well I can confirm it's not guaranteed to happen with that particular door hanging item. I gave that same exact one to Kiki and haven't ran into any glitches. She's had it on her house for nearly a week now.

Huh. Well I can confirm it's not guaranteed to happen with that particular door hanging item. I gave that same exact one to Kiki and haven't ran into any glitches. She's had it on her house for nearly a week now.
same i gave bree this same door hanging and its fine

i hope this resolves..

Hmm, maybe the door hanging is a total coincidence then and something else is bugging out.
She's totally non responsive to anything, even a good whack with the net :D
Tried TT too, nada. At this stage I'm thinking I may just have to wait til she pings me on the odd times she is out walking, and hope sending her to the void will clear the issue. Wah

That’s worrying 😨
I’ve given door decorations to a few of my villagers... might need to keep an eye on them 😭

Update!
So no, she couldn't be pushed or moved in any way. Glued to the ground. Hit her multiple times with the net, nothing. Totally unresponsive.

This morning I loaded up my island and tried entering her house. My character did sort of a weird shuffle to one side slightly, then suddenly I could open the door and go in! And now it's back to normal. I have no idea how or why but either way I've reported all this to Nintendo. Just relieved it's fixed itself.

Back