New Here - An Introduction

Bells
Leif
Hi! I'm BogusMeatFactory. Figured I would give a brief little introduction about myself and offer some little tidbits of info! So here we go!

First Animal Crossing Game: Animal Crossing Gamecube - Played it way back in 2002 and was hooked on the series. I've always played with friends and family even to this day! Would play with my parents and friends as a kid and now share the experience with my own kids.

Favorite Villager: Alfonso - Basic, I know, but he always ended up in my towns for every game oddly enough and he just kind of stuck with me. My head canon was just that he followed me to each new town and it made him endearing for me!

Favorite Animal Crossing Game: New Leaf - It has everything I love. Interesting characters, lots of unique dialog, tons of things to do and a major emphasis on community. It has a little bit of everything for everyone.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing Gamecube - I've always loved the idea of playing old games in new and interesting ways and it gave me this idea to play the original Animal Crossing with some friends online. Each person plays the game for one week before passing the save data on to the next person in a 4 week rotation so we can see how the world changes after each exchange and to help mitigate burnout during a time where we are all really really busy. Just started it up this last week and the first pass has happened and I'm so stoked to see what happens!

What Do I Love Most about AC?: Creating Stories. Animal Crossing has always been about the evolution of the town. New villagers moving in, old villagers moving out, stories coming out of the weird quirks of the game and just running with it. It really came about when my wife would play Animal Crossing New Leaf and every single day, Al the gorilla would be outside her house and always want to talk to her. She would even come out of her house to see him staring in her windows creepily. He obviously wasn't programmed that way, it was just a coincedence, but it was very fun to take the idea and turn it into something silly and fun.

With that, I just wanted to say hi and can't wait to talk with folks and enthuse about the games!

Hi! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here!

I wonder, what’s your favorite furniture set in New Leaf?

Welcome to TBT! ☺️

I wouldn’t say that Alfonso being your favourite villager is basic! He’s one of the most iconic villagers imo (despite not being a big fan of his design myself), and it’s always nice to see love for him! New Leaf is my favourite AC game as well!

Your experiences with and love for AC is so heartwarming! I think it’s so sweet that you grew up playing with your parents and your friends, and now you get to share your love for the series and make new memories with your wife and kids! The way you’re playing the OG AC with your friends sounds so fun! I imagine how fun and exciting it’ll be to get the game back and see what your friends did with the town during their turns!

Welcome to the forums! 🎉✨

I think your idea of playing AC in a four week rotation with friends online is interesting! I hope you'll come back and update us on how things went, what interesting changes you saw, and what you liked and didn't like about it! 😊

Hi! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here!

I wonder, what’s your favorite furniture set in New Leaf?
That's a tough one for me! I don't usually go for sets honestly and I like to decorate by my own weird themes. I like to put a bunch of servers in the basement with a single computer on a desk, or have a big bathroom with odd things like pictures of the villagers facing the toilet to make you uncomfortable. I think the only time I ever really tried to go for a set was the boxing series at one point. Never could get the whole set though!
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to the forums! 🎉✨

I think your idea of playing AC in a four week rotation with friends online is interesting! I hope you'll come back and update us on how things went, what interesting changes you saw, and what you liked and didn't like about it! 😊
Thanks for the warm welcome! I put up a big thread on the original Animal Crossing discussion board about the town and my first week's experience! I did not include the drama that has already cropped up though from the next player muahahahahahaha! It is going to be an absolute delight to discuss though, that's for sure!

Back