• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you time travel?

I do, but I wish I didn't. It kind of made the game less fun for me. *sigh* I made a promise to myself though, that once I finish the landscaping and moving villagers in, I won't TT anymore. I'll play and enjoy the game like it was meant to be. ^^

I'm not sure how anyone is patient enough to not time travel in Animal Crossing.

I know right? I time travel a lot in AC. When a new shop is being built, I time travel to the day it's done building. After I pay a house loan, I go forward a day. So yeah I time travel a lot, but I am not against people who don't time travel.

I TT because there is only so much you can down in town for 1 day. I usually only TT 1 day but it's mostly because of boredom.

I do, but not excessively. I used to time travel back and forth In between days to get more hybrids. I also time traveled to stay in the cherry blossom season longer, and now I'm to lazy to time travel to catch up with the the current date.

I only time travel to the next day after a pwp is paid off because I get too impatient, to get an adopted villagers to move in, and so I can get trees to plant in my town so it doesnt look so barren. Other than that I dont usually time travel.

Never for personal gain, or because I can't stand waiting. But I might TT if I order a lot of things from the catalogue (For example, when doing a large trade) and set the time just before 5 PM each time to get all the items quickly.

I also TT'd away over a year at once just because I wanted to get back into playing, but again, not to speed up gameplay.

I do it all the time, it probably is cheating. In fact it is but I don't really care. I don't have the time to play every day any more so I just go to whatever event I want, to buy whatever I want, win whatever I want. I mean it's not real life, it's a fabrication and I can do all I can to improve it as much as possible so I will. I'm not going to stop either, there aren't even any true consequences for it. I don't like quitting without saving though, I do draw the line somewhere.

I only use it to move between hours, like if I want to catch a 9pm-4am fish but I don't feel like staying up all night.

I always feel nervous about traveling days.

Do you time travel? No, I don't time travel. Why or why not? I don't time travel because it takes away from the game. It just doesn't feel like the real thing.

1-2 days at max, only if i've absolutely finished for the day but i really still want to play. or if a villager is moving in and i want them in sooner

edit; i don't tt too much unless it's by accident... i tt'd a month and a year ahead before by mistake . i'm glad i didn't lose any villagers doing so, i got lucky i guess . i wouldn't risk going beyond a week at most . i tt'd a day ahead and back before and lost someone, so i'm quite cautious.

i tt'ed years, like 99 years ahead in CF. i was kind of 'whatever' about it... but that completely ruined the immersion of the game.

Last edited:
When I first started playing I had no idea I could time travel. Once I found out I TTd every single day and thought it was the best thing ever. Now I only do it when it's necessary

I don't time travel. In a way I think it's cheating and it takes the fun out of the game for me. If I can get everything I need within the first few months of the game by time traveling rather than spending a year getting everything, it kind of is a waste to me. I like games that can last long so by not time traveling it lasts longer. I also don't time travel because I don't want it to mess up my town in any way. Villagers can move out unexpectedly or villagers can move in. I'm not sure what else can happen with time traveling that is bad but I don't want to find out. As for getting rare items, I would rather get a friend get me that stuff if they are willing to time travel or I can buy it from someone here on the bell forums.

Back