• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you time travel?

littledebbie

Bells
Do you time travel? Why or why not?

I'm just curious as to whether or not time traveling is considered a good or bad thing in the game? I read an article online that said it was considered "cheating" to some players.

I have never actually time traveled far ahead of time, only one day forward to check for new shop items, collect more fossils, etc. after I feel I've finished doing all my errands on the normal day. The only time I'm concerned with time travel is when I have turnips since they'd rot.

Last edited:
i do time travel because i've done it since i had animal crossing on the game cube. it's kind of a habit now. however, like you said, i only time travel a day at a time when i am done with what i had to do for the day.

Ehh, some people think using TMs in Pokemon is cheating. I think using legendaries is cheating. They're just games meant to be enjoyed.
So yeah, I time travel. I'm not sure how anyone is patient enough to not time travel in Animal Crossing.

I do it when I am going to miss something I like to do that is time based like KK slider on Saturday night, but never more than a couple days, the last time I did it for a week somebody moved out without me knowing and I didn't want them to.

I only time traveled once, just to pass Gracie's fashion check 4 times so I didn't have to wait to get T&T Emporium. I lost a villager doing that though...

Last edited:
I typically don't. I did once just so I could give Flip his signatures back before the end of the day (he was sleeping).

I personally only use time travelling when I want a specific villager to leave my town and I'm just impatient but I perfectly why people think it is cheating in a way.

The only two major times that I've done it was with two of my pattern mules. I basically kept switching the am/pm on the time until I unlocked the sewing machine for both of them. I always switched back to my main though to get daily tasks done/check for move outs.

I got in the habit of doing it, but now I am jsut trying to travel within the same day, not change days anymore

I've never time travelled. I once read somewhere that in Animal Crossing the good things always seem to happen "tomorrow", and for me, that's part of the fun and charm of the game. Playing in real time also makes it feel more authentic. However, I don't consider TT cheating; it's just another way of playing.

I time travel, I've been doing it mostly for some light cycling to get villagers out/dreamies into my town, or fixing my clock after doing some parts replacement in my 3DS. Occasionally I'll move forward/back a few hours for bug catching, turnip buying, stuff like that. I normally play day-to-day otherwise.

I do time travel, however only a day at a time. Sometimes I'll time travel to get a camper. But everyday I time travel I make sure I talk to all my villagers so they don't move out.
I don't consider it cheating, I just think its a different way of playing the game.

First town, yes, but only back a hour for turnips or to TT villagers out, second town, no I'm doing that 100% legit.

I time travel because I think the game moves too slow if I just go with real time. There is so much stuff in the game like getting all of the museum art or finding a specific item at Nooks which could take forever to do without time traveling. Yeah, you can trade with other people, but usually the way people get extra stuff to trade is by time traveling. I think "cheating" is a completely wrong way to characterize time travelling. Many people prefer not to play the game that way and that is their right, but time travelling is an option in the game menu which makes it different from glitches, hacking, powersaves, etc. which the developers clearly did not intend for the game to be played that way.

I didn't TT much before, but since I haven't played since February and just picked it up again this month, I'm doing a lot of TTing to make up for lost time.

I typically don't TT. The only exceptions I've made are when a villager I really want comes up on the trading plaza and I already have someone who's pinged to move out. Otherwise, I won't do it. TT'ing back once I've TT'd forward can take me ages. It feels like such a production. I'm scared of losing a villager.

I actually like that sometimes we have to wait for stuff to happen. I like the anticipation. I haven't had a lot of time to devote to the harvest festival and haven't gotten all the various rewards and stuff, so I'm waiting for November. It'll get here eventually.

I TT a little bit! It's number one usage is to regrow grass (damn you grass wear! >:C ) and sometimes move out villagers. Oh and to plot reset but other than that I play normally!

I think time travel is only really wrong if it ruins the experience of playing for you.

In my main town I've changed the clock when I was late playing or for late night bugs. Always stay in the same day.
I did jump ahead one day and it helps for the holidays. Play with the villagers and than enjoy it with my family the next day.

My other town was a TT town. Just grew perfect fruit and to buy items. Bought a lot and got Gracie there first.
It was a place where I learnt how to play the holidays. Making a snowperson with no PWP or little trees helped.
When I finally played the holidays in my main town it was better. Playing with those villagers was different than playing with a villager that was just there for a week. It didn't ruin the holidays when I played them in real time. That TT town is now my guest town.

I also have a perfect fruit town and TT to 4am so I can harvest with no villagers bugging me. The town runs March to May and than repeats.

I definitely time travel, but never for more than a day or two cause that's all I need. Most of the time it's for bug catching hours, or if I realize I missed a hang out session with someone that I planned and would feel bad if I didn't go back and hang with them. I don't think it's cheating at all, I see it as a helpful setting for people who have jumpy schedules.

I do time travel. I went a whole 2 months without doing it though in my second town and it just made it boring to me. So I do it, I go day by day though. I don't travel a week or a month a head. I lose flowers that way.

Back