• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

Do you think Animal Crossing is an RPG?

yeah I think it is. "A Role you're Playing in the Game."

Wow. Look at the capitals in that message lol. ^^

i voted for this a while ago, and forgot what i voted for, but it's not really an rpg, more of a sandbox game with some rpg elements.

It's not, not in the traditional-video-game sense of the word.

There is a lot of confusion as to what an RPG is. It's not if you only play a role. You play a role in an adventure game, but it's not called an RPG. An RPG is when you not only play a role, but there is also character development, like leveling up.

Bulerias said:
There is a lot of confusion as to what an RPG is. It's not if you only play a role. You play a role in an adventure game, but it's not called an RPG. An RPG is when you not only play a role, but there is also character development, like leveling up.
Yes, more or less.

In the traditional sense.

Dark_viscount said:
According to Gamespot Animal crossing is an RPG.
Well, that's just because they don't have a broad range of choices. They probably only have about 10 genres in there.

Gamespot is kinda, uh, stupid.

I don't think so.For me, an RPG is an adventure game, one where you journey to far away lands, with a goal.You venture with other people and level up.In Animal Crossing, you hardly have any of that.You do travel places sort of...but you don't really have a goal, except to live a good life and pay off your debts.But there's no levelling up or adventure.

Back