• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you prefer to carry cash or card?

How do you pay?

• I prefer cash.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I prefer card.

Votes: 47 74.6%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Do you prefer to use cash or cards? For convenience, I 100% prefer to use cards. I do most of my shopping online aside from the occasional grocery shopping,

I have three credit cards, but I only use one. The others are just there, I guess. I have a debit card, as well. I prefer not to carry cash but I sometimes have a $20 on me just in case I run into a “cash only” situation. I also carry a few additional dollars whenever I’m traveling for vending machines, if I am ever in need of something.

I’m curious if the forum users prefer cash or card, and if there’s a reason for it. Although, I understand the reasons why people may prefer cash.

Oop, meant to post this in Brewster’s as it’s not a game. Oh well.
EDIT: Thanks, mods!

Last edited:
I prefer cash, I just like being able to see what I have physically. I also prefer physical games. ^__^

I prefer card for sure. I only have two cards, and they’re just small and convenient to carry. They’re also more sanitary. I don’t run into many cash-only situations, thankfully!

I think I prefer my card over cash. I don't have a credit card because I'm pretty young, but I have a debit card and it's just more convenient. Plus I don't have to touch anyone. Usually there aren't many cash-only places I buy from and if there is, like a convention or something, they'll take venmo/paypal and I'll always bring cash just in case.

i carry both with me, but i prefer to pay with cash. it’s just what i’m used to, and it’s easier for me. plus, i’m scared of my card declining for whatever reason, or the machine not working and/or not accepting my card, resulting in me holding up the line and feeling embarrassed. paying with cash prevents all that lol.

I vastly prefer to use a card. I have a debit card and two credit cards, but I'm working on paying one credit card off to cancel it. I don't feel like I need two anymore so I'll just keep the better one.

Cards are more convenient in my opinion. I even use them for vending machines when they'll take a card. I do keep about $10-$20 in cash for vending machines that won't take a card or situations where everyone at work chips in for a present or something.

I prefer to pay by debit card. Interacting with retail staff while buying / paying for things makes me weirdly anxious because I am very conscious of my accent, so if I can just zip through it is easier. And self-service is also preferable for this reason.

I do keep cash on me for emergencies though.

I carry both, but I tend to prefer using cash, as it's easier to see just what I'm spending. When I use a card, it's most likely my debit card. I do have a credit card, but that's kept for emergencies.

Card for sure. I use my credit card basically always to help build my credit. I do have some cash because you just never know.

I had a debit card at one time but my bank wasn't exactly honest about their "no fees" banking so I got rid of the card and I've been using cash primarily since then.I also carry a credit card around in case it's the only option available.

Cash is grimy and I hate receiving change and dealing with wrapping it or taking it to the coin machine. I would be happy to see all coins smaller than a quarter go away.

I definitely prefer cash. - I know how easy it is to have your card info lifted, and I rarely use it for that reason. (That said, I still carry my card on me...so, I guess it could be lifted anyway). But, I definitely shy away from using it unless I need to.

The number of times you hear about one major company or another having a leak of patron information has made me wary of using my card everywhere I go. Sure, it feels like a convenience at the time...but I really don't feel like sitting on the phone for 3 hours trying to get reimbursed because Walmart or some other place leaked my info.

Cash for physical stores. I don’t like using a card very much. I will buy gift cards to make online purchases as a way to make sure no one can hack my bank account. My debit card has a set limit on it anyway and I only use it for my Hulu and Disney+ bundle and occasionally the eShop if I want something more than my balance is at the time to pay for the rest.

I use cards and I find them handy for online shopping. I don't really go into physical stores anymore except for groceries because we go to a bulk store. If we go to an event thing, like a little festive we bring cash. But it is unlikely we go ever since the pandemic.
We don't use debit cards though. I feel that is too "dangerous". Credit is the way to go, so if someone does use the info, you can actually do something about lost money.

I prefer cash, but I don’t make large purchases IRL often. I would probably switch to card as I become more independent, because I could do more about that if I ever lost my card or had it stolen, but I’d like to have cash personally available / always an option.

Since the pandemic I've been card only when it comes to making purchases. I find it so much easier to manage my spending habits and of course I don't have to worry about not having enough cash on me or have to rush to a cash point to take money out etc.

I prefer paying with card. I don’t have a lot of opportunities to leave the house and run errands, so most of my shopping is done online.

Back