• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you like paths?

Do you have paths in your town?

• Yes

Votes: 130 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.1%

• Total voters
Paths can make a town look very pretty and are very useful for covering grass wear (that was actually the reason I finally considered getting paths). My town definitely looks better with paths than it did before without paths. I don't like towns which try and cover every tile with patterns though. Things like fake grass, fake water, fake plants, and so on. It doesn't look very good in my opinion.

Paths make everything beautiful and make a better town if your a pro at decorating towns. So its a yes for me.

Paths can drastically improve the look of the town. Trust me, my town was a mess, then I experimented on pathways and holy moly it looks a lot better!!!

Yes and I love them. I don't like towns without at least some form of path.

Both! I use paths in my town, a fairly simple brick design with ivy, just for walkways. I've seen towns with natural paths and towns with every square covered with a pattern. Anything can look good if you do it right. I just prefer more area for flowers and trees, and therefore grass and snow.

Paths can make a town look very pretty and are very useful for covering grass wear (that was actually the reason I finally considered getting paths). My town definitely looks better with paths than it did before without paths. I don't like towns which try and cover every tile with patterns though. Things like fake grass, fake water, fake plants, and so on. It doesn't look very good in my opinion.

I don?t like it either :)
It?s just, I?ve seen towns with paths which looked great, but I could never imagine my city with paths.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know where to vote on the poll, because I don't have tile paths, but I do have paths outlined by flowers. It is a really nice blend between country feel and city feel. Overall I do like paths because it has some organization to it.

That is a nice alternative :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the dream address and the tumblr ^^ definitely checking it out :D

I like some of the fake water canals as long as they aren't near the real water. Fake grass and most fake plants look horrific though.

My favorite paths are the ones that use what the game gives you. Dirt paths, bush paths, flower paths, clever use of trees. That's the kind of thing I'm trying to do in my town.

I like paths. They can really pull a town together if done right. It helps to create a town image that goes beyond what is already implemented in game. It'd be cool if in the next game mini water ways and brick tiles, etc. were an in game feature separate from QR codes so it'd blend in better and look more natural.

I think most people do a good job of making paths look nice, I usually like seeing them in other towns but I never use them in my own.

I like the idea of paths, but I always end up erasing them in my own town! They take a long time, and I'm no pro so they look awkward. But a well-done path is always awesome - I especially enjoy the ones that are like water, space, or floating islands! They're great in the right hands :)

I like paths, because I like running and I like flowers, but I don't like running on my flowers.
I have most of my paths outlined by bushes, though, so if I wanted just natural paths, I could have those, too, but I really like the path design I have right now. I also like mixing my path with lucky clovers...I did that in the foresty area of my town.

My second town doesn't have paths yet, but I'm putting them in as soon as I get the qr machine. I just like knowing where I can run.

I used to hate them, now I really love them. I've seen some towns with 'natural paths' (paths made of dirt), they look absolutely gorgeous but it's a lot of running and well it's boring and needs to be done once in a while so... Not for me. Sticking with them good ol' QR codes paths.

I like them in theory... I think they can be done well, but a lot of the time they do kind of stand out in a bad way. Basically I'm just really picky haha, it took me forever to find path QRs that I liked enough to use in my towns >__>

Yes but I don't use them very much because I'm lazy, and also I need lots of ground space for dropping things and breeding flowers.

I like paths if done right.

I can't stand the fake grass or fake flowers. No matter what, you really can't make it look natural. I also can't stand when people cover their WHOLE town in paths. The WHOLE thing. Leave some nature D;

However, even with those situations, I have seen them done right once in a blue moon and it blows my mind. xD

I have paths right now but someday, maybe, I'll get rid of them and just have natural dirt paths. Grass deterioration doesn't look bad if it's wearing in certain areas (the paths).

Yes, I like them. Wish there was an easier way of using them, though. I'm currently pathless because I needed the space of my mule's house... It hurts me to see my town like that.

Last edited:
Well, as long as they're not covering the entirety of the town, I like them. I have paths in my town, but, I have the paths go around the buildings, so I still have plenty of room for nature.

I don't one bit, but at the same time it's a little better than letting flowers overflow like I had been. :/ Even though I put some up, it was mostly done at the request of visitors so they knew how to get to Re-Tail or villager homes right away.

Back