• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you ever keep a villager just to have their personality represented?

Yup. Except not for them to be represented. It's strange to me to have multiples of the same personalities. I do have two crankies and peppies, though. 5 male, 5 female.

I try to, I think it would be dull and repetitive to talk to the same type of villager over and over. Although, at the moment I don't have a Peppy type. And I honestly don't miss it.

Last edited:
Kind of? I keep trying to keep some because I am trying to finish my reactions! I am sooo close haha.
The main one I am working on is peppy and jock. It's not that I don't like peppy and jock villagers, I just keep getting random move ins before I can go find one I like enough to keep for a long time. So before I get that last reaction I need, they usually ask to move out and I start over again.
BUT, right now I have Scoot on my island and he is the ultimate Jock. I found him on an island, never had him before. I was so please he is a jock, because his look is just adorable. Plus he's not as.. I don't know, aggressive? as other jocks.

Anicotti is my current random peppy. I kind of like her, kind of don't. We'll see if I can get that reaction before she decides to leave. There's actually a ton of peppies I like.

My problem is moreso letting go of lazies. I love too many lazies and wind up with an absurd amount of them. Of course I somehow also wound up with 3 normals right now as well.

Yes I do this with jocks, I keep Tank purely to have a jock on my island and to get all the jock reactions but when he leaves I most likely will replace him with another jock just to have that on my island :)

Yes.
I want all the personalities even if now, I'm trying to make a good island but in my dreamlist, there is at least somebody of each personality even if I dislike it (jock for example)
I'll read you and maybe change my mind haha
Genji is cute though
I've learnt they give you reactions depending of their personality, thank you guys, so I think I'll keep at least one of each for now. But jock are just so annoying for me 😭

yep. The only reasons Renee is still on my island are she is a sisterly and because she hasn’t coughed up her photo. Really want to kick her out to experience new villagers and because Renee somehow got gifted a sheep costume that looks terrible on her.

I did that at first to get all reactions, then I let the personalities go that I didn't care for much so I could get my dreamies but then I realized a large majority of my dreamies are normal/lazy villagers and the repetitive dialog was too much. Now I try to balance things out more with different personalities to keep things less repetitive.

Yes I have done that before and continue to which can be very annoying. I like having the variation in dialogue/personality however, I honestly think it’s better just to get the villagers you want. I don’t have a favourite personality and love all of the villagers so it honestly just helps narrow down options as to who I adopt which is great. But if I decide that I really want a particular villager at the cost of ruining personality balance then that’s fine.

At the moment no but I do plan on having one of each personality. I'm looking for Reneigh right now so I don't care if I'm lacking a personality until I get her and I have amiibos of the villagers I want to have in the end

I have done that in order to get all the reactions but once I had all the villager reactions, I just invited the ones I like.

Sooort of, I prefer to keep at least one of each personality and, further, preferably not three of one at a time (so, I can't have one of each type + 3 normals, even though I love so many of their designs). It's usually not too hard, though; there are at least a couple of each personality that I find really cute and thematically appropriate, so honestly it helps me narrow things down a bit.

Back