• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you ever keep a villager just to have their personality represented?

Etown20

Bells
I've been trying to figure out who I want to move it out next. There is one villager who is a sisterly personality that I was thinking of moving out, but there was a long stretch where I didn't have a sisterly villager, and there aren't many others in that personality that I am interested in.

I figured I could always let her go and bring her back later, but then my campsite RNG would be weighted toward sisterly villagers (datamine shows the campsite visitor has a 60% chance of the personality you are missing, or something like that).

I was wondering how other people approach this. Do you ever find yourself keeping a villager around just to make sure you have all the personalities?

i'm like that with genji, i do love his design so much and i need a jock however, i wanna cycle through villagers that i may like even more who aren't jocks, because there are so many amazing villagers that i really want but i don't wanna get rid of anyone else 😅

actually i don't think i have a cranky atm 🤔

Yes, but only for one personality type. I have Phoebe, who will be my one and only uchi. I'm not a fan of the other uchis so I will always keep Phoebe around. I may decide one day to bring other uchis to my island but they'll never be a permanent member like Phoebe.

I’m like that with Raymond and Judy because rng gave them to me and since I can’t decide on a Snooty or smug I just keep them. NGL though I like Raymond’s glasses and I have a galaxy theme anyway so Judy fits in pretty well. It just makes me laugh because I tried so hard to find Renee the uchi rhino for weeks and finally had to get her on nookazon.

Reactions: Dog
I have maple on my island purely because without her I would have no normal villager.

The personality is so bland and the appearances of normal villagers are boring too.

If I wasn't worried about having every personality I would never have a normal again.

Right now I aim to have a minimum of 1 of each personality so there is some variety in the dialogue. It also helps with the uniqueness among villagers in the town. For example, Lolly and Mitzi may have different hobbies, but it feels like I'm talking to the same person each time I interact with them. So there's little uniqueness.

Back in late November I kicked out my Uchi after obtaining all the reactions from her. I ended up with 3 Normals. I didn't want an uchi, but I didn't like this. 2 Normals isn't perfect as is, so adding a 3rd one in the mix just made things worse. So I am now content with having an Uchi on my island.

On my second island, I'm trying not to go over 8 villagers. This way there are no duplicate personalities (I also save island room too). It's a bit hard since I cant use amiibos or the campsite to manually kick, but once I get the villagers I want in, it should hopefully be smooth sailing.

I have been struggling with this! I have Dom on my island and he's very cute, but the jocks in this game make me want to jump off a cliff. The dialogue is so repetitive and almost cringey to me. I want to keep my island balanced with villagers, but since I have all the reactions, is there any real reason to have at least one of each? His expressions and interactions with items are great, so for now I will continue quietly observing Dom from afar...

i don’t because id rather stick with my dream villagers, and i find that i don’t like certain personality types so i wouldn’t want them to stick around for too long. the only time i did this was at the start of NL (and now in NL too) so i could get them to suggest the pwp’s i needed for my town. but since that feature was removed in NH i just keep moving people out until i find my dream villagers and stick with them

Back then, I wanted every personality type to be represented so I could get all reactions. After that, I just aimed for my dream villagers.

Currently, I have 2 jocks, 2 crankies, 2 lazies and a smug as permanent villagers. Still, I make it a habit of cycling through different personalities I don't have for my non-permanent villagers, just to shake things up a bit.

I have all the personalities on my island, with 2 normals and 2 smug. Though the spare smug I am trying to move out, and replace with a jock as the one I have at the moment isn‘t one I want. It’s slow right now but I am making progress so meh?

When I first got the game I thought it would be nice to have at least 1 villager of every personality so that I could get all the different DIYs and reactions and to make sure the dialogue was varied and not too repetitive. However after having my starter jock and uchi villagers for a while I decided that I wasn't a fan of those personality types, I kept them for a while to see if they grew on me but they didn't. Now I just stick to villagers I really like, mostly trying to limit it to a maximum of 2 villagers of any of the other personalities but I'd allow 3 snooty villagers as it's my favourite personality and a lot of my favourite villagers fall under it.

I just have at least one of each, but there's really not much use to it this time around if you don't want one of the personalities. They're not locked behind the pwp anymore and it's just for emotions. Not having a certain personality to give you the emotes isn't going to ruin the experience as much.

for sure, i always have at least one of every personality. ill take as much dialogue variance as i can get 😅

I keep Mira because she's my only uchi. If I find Phoebe or Katt, she will be gone.

None of the Sisterly villagers fit my island's theme as much as I'd like, so Diva became the Sisterly because I had planned for her to be a resident before I got the idea for the theme I went with and the resident list got changed. I keep her around for three reasons: because I genuinely like her design, because it's kind of bothersome to have duplicates of a personality and have them repeat the same dialogue and she adds a bit of fresh air, and because the different personalities teach your player characters different Reactions.

Agnes started as this for me but I've really grown to love her, so now I think she'll stay no matter what.

i like to keep at least one of each personality type to avoid dialogue getting too stale.. i really wish nintendo had bumped it up to 12 max villagers and added new personalities tho

Yes. I only need one more reaction from Pashmina and then she can go. I don’t particularly like any of the Uchis designs although I love their personality. It’s a pity. I’d love to have all personalities represented but there are way too many cute villagers I wanna experience living with so I guess I’d do without an uchi once I get that reaction. Unless I see Katt who’s my dream uchi then I’ll probably keep her forever.

Back