Do you collect AC Amiibo cards?

Do you collect AC Amiibo cards? (you can pick up to 2 answers)

• The entire series, or working to it

• Bought some packs or favorite cards occasionally

• A few cards

• None

• English cards only

• Japanese cards only

• Mix of English & Japanese cards

Results are only viewable after voting.
I remember buying a few cards when series 1 was released years ago & enjoyed trading them with others online over a short period of time. Soon lost interest in them after finding no use & where to store them. They were handy when NH came out, now they are probably stored in a box somewhere with a rubber band wrapped around them! :LOL:

I purchased a few of the most recent card packs, just for fun. I only used a few of them, definitely can't afford to collect them, and will probably be selling off the ones that I have no use for.

I have a bunch that was included in the original Happy Home Designer game. Then I got a few more when buying the new ACNH pack hoping to get Sasha, which I did. So I only have a few.

I usually take a very casual approach to collecting in that if I come across something I'm looking for I'll pick it up but I'm not really searching out of my way. Like if I happen to need something from target I might pick up a pack or two while I'm there. I'd like to have the full set someday but the hunt is more fun to me then just buying it all online.

Do the mini, handmade cards you can buy for 20-30 bucks off of Amazon count? I have a randomized pack of those (including all 6 Sanrio cards), and the entirety of Series 5. Only two of those cards don't work (Merengue and Harvey), so I consider that a win.

Well, if I calculated correctly, you don't have to purchase any Welcome Amiibo items because you could still get 80% of your catalog done, but... I've made a decision to purchase as many Amiibo I can get. I don't really care for the ones that have multiples of the same character (for example, there is one summer Isabelle figurine, one Winter Isabelle figurine [which I have obtained both just because I can get both of her outfits], then 7 different Amiibo cards throughout Amiibo Card Series 1-5), I'm not getting all 9 Isabelles because why scan a card if they've got a figurine? The figurines have the RV, the cards don't, so it would be pointless purchasing them, unless if the cards were from those series packs, and then you just trade them for a different character, I suppose.

I don't mind either Japanese or English cards, as long as they work when I scan, which they should because they're not region-locked. I've compiled a list of Amiibos I have, Amiibos I don't have and a list of Amiibos I'm searching for next.

Top priority are the Amiibos that give out exclusive furniture, or items that I will use for my home. The next priority is the search for villagers that will fit my ACNL town, the villagers that will fit my ACNH island and any character I'd love to receive their poster from Photopia/like to scan at The Roost.

All the while, I'm spacing out all the times I search for them, my bank balance is more important, especially now I've got some sort of collection going on. I'm not constantly searching for them every single day, but I will eventually get one of each character, plus the crossover villagers (Sanrio, Monster Hunter, Splatoon and Legend of Zelda)!

Which also is awesome that I am collecting the Splatoon Amiibo since I will also use them for Splatoon 3.

i do have a nice hoard going on right now, but the only sets i have completed are series 5 and the sanrio series
one day i'll have them all though.... maybe

No, I do have a few amiibo coins from etsy, and have an Isabelle and Digsby amiibo though.

I have all of series 1 to 4 complete, and I even have the rare Europe-only collector's binders for each of them.

I'm about halfway done with RV cards, and series 5 is about 80% complete with every villager except Quinn. One of these days I'm going to complete this silly collection and feel satisfied.

Very casually. I'd like to have my dreamies, I have a couple.

I was for awhile when they were in the stores, but now I don’t because I can’t find them anywhere anymore, especially for a decent price.

I was for awhile when they were in the stores, but now I don’t because I can’t find them anywhere anymore, especially for a decent price.
Me too! But I didn't get any because I came onto the AC scene too late and wish I at least had 1 or 2 cards. It would be fun to call villagers to my camp. And yeah cards are too expensive now for what they are, otherwise I would look on some of the boards for people selling them. I can't trade since I don't have any to trade.

Back