Dark witchy forest ideas

Another idea: You could make a couple different save files, and each side character could be a different type of witch with themed houses & designs; for example, the flower witch, water witch, ect, ect.

First off, some tips:

1. Shaking perfect fruit trees enough will make them lose their leaves. The more dead trees, the better.
2. Use purple, black and orange hybrids primarily, and preferably only hybrids. the bright colors don't work well with the creepy theme.
3. I'd be willing to help you out with some paths if you want me to custom make some for you! VM me if you're interested, and include your grass type (triangle, round, etc.)

I think you should have these villagers :
-Kiki, the normal black cat, I think she's perfect for your town, because she could be a witch, for example, you would only give to her the right clothes;
-Cherry, the uchi red dog, each time I see her, I think that she lives in a wood, I don't know why, so I think you ought to take her;
-Tobby, the peppy yellow cat, she's very strange, she just scares me, she's just perfect for your town;
-Olaf, the smug brown anteater, just one word: " Mafia " ;
-Grizzly, the cranky black orse, he's a horse, and horses live in forests, so...you've understood, no ? ;
-Rodeo, the lazy black bull, listen to me, he's perfect for your town

I swear I'm not trying to nitpick, but Grizzly is a bear, and even with that, horses don't live in the forest 😂 Also, isn't Olaf based off of Michael Jackson? Anyways, that definately should use Tabby. Perfect creepy vilager.

Here are my recommendations for villagers:

Coco: One of your dreamies and I think it fits the theme very well.

Muffy: Your other dreamie and a good choice for an uchi villager.

Kiki: A black cat fits with the witch theme.

Whitney: She's a snooty villager and I think it would be good to have a wolf

Ruby: She's a peppy villager and those red eyes make her a good fit for the theme

Prince: He's a lazy villager and is a fairy-tale woodland critter.

Grizzly: He is a cranky villager and is big and scary.

Peck: He is a jock villager and his eyes are kind of creepy. He gives your town a bird.

Klaus / Henry / Lopez / Zell: I don't know which smug would be best for your town. Klaus gives you another bear, Henry is another frog, and Lopez and Zell are dears. None of them really scream "witchy forest" to me, but they are the best options in my opinion. Olaf looks creepy, but I don't think the mafia look is what you're going for.

Wolfgang / Fang / Erik / Bam: I think another wolf would work well to make your villagers more scary. On the other hand, you could go for a deer if you didn't pick one above. I just listed some males for the last spot to keep gender balance, but you could also look at options like Fauna or Diana if you don't mind having more females than males.

I don't like Drago because I don't think dragons are really forest creatures. I associate them more with caves and mountains, but maybe that's just me. Rodeo has red eyes, but I don't think a bull would fit with the theme. Tabby is creepy, but you are looking for forest creepy, not generic creepy.

Last edited:
The path that this town, mistmoon, is using i think would work really well:

http://aromapots.tumblr.com/tagged/mistmoon

even just clovers as a path would look really good, or clovers with some stepping stones every few spaces.

I agree with Kiki as a villager for sure, and maybe ruby, to me she looks really magical and strange, in a cool way, fauna, ect. Maybe even one of the large bears like teddy or grizzly would work because of the eery forest theme. It would look cute to have some of the ore scattered around, particularly amethyst. It would also look cute to have some fairy circles in places, (mushrooms in a circle) as they are known to be very magical and witchy.

This tumblr user's town is a witchy-style town, you may find inspiration from it:

http://creepymayor.tumblr.com/

Hope i helped!

Ah I had that path in my old town it's pretty, right now I've got clovers and stepping stones, the ore idea us really good I like that. Not sure how to get mushrooms though, loving the fairy ring idea

- - - Post Merge - - -

Another idea: You could make a couple different save files, and each side character could be a different type of witch with themed houses & designs; for example, the flower witch, water witch, ect, ect.

Yeah my mayor is like a nature witch and my other is a childish clumsy witch c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

First off, some tips:

1. Shaking perfect fruit trees enough will make them lose their leaves. The more dead trees, the better.
2. Use purple, black and orange hybrids primarily, and preferably only hybrids. the bright colors don't work well with the creepy theme.
3. I'd be willing to help you out with some paths if you want me to custom make some for you! VM me if you're interested, and include your grass type (triangle, round, etc.)

Yeah ive been doing this with the trees, I love the dead look! Working on hybrids and I agree with the bright colours- good thing I don't like bright colours haha, I'll pm you when I get a chance!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I swear I'm not trying to nitpick, but Grizzly is a bear, and even with that, horses don't live in the forest �� Also, isn't Olaf based off of Michael Jackson? Anyways, that definately should use Tabby. Perfect creepy vilager.

Yeah not so sure about olaf haha, grizzly and tabby are cute though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here are my recommendations for villagers:

Coco: One of your dreamies and I think it fits the theme very well.

Muffy: Your other dreamie and a good choice for an uchi villager.

Kiki: A black cat fits with the witch theme.

Whitney: She's a snooty villager and I think it would be good to have a wolf

Ruby: She's a peppy villager and those red eyes make her a good fit for the theme

Prince: He's a lazy villager and is a fairy-tale woodland critter.

Grizzly: He is a cranky villager and is big and scary.

Peck: He is a jock villager and his eyes are kind of creepy. He gives your town a bird.

Klaus / Henry / Lopez / Zell: I don't know which smug would be best for your town. Klaus gives you another bear, Henry is another frog, and Lopez and Zell are dears. None of them really scream "witchy forest" to me, but they are the best options in my opinion. Olaf looks creepy, but I don't think the mafia look is what you're going for.

Wolfgang / Fang / Erik / Bam: I think another wolf would work well to make your villagers more scary. On the other hand, you could go for a deer if you didn't pick one above. I just listed some males for the last spot to keep gender balance, but you could also look at options like Fauna or Diana if you don't mind having more females than males.

I don't like Drago because I don't think dragons are really forest creatures. I associate them more with caves and mountains, but maybe that's just me. Rodeo has red eyes, but I don't think a bull would fit with the theme. Tabby is creepy, but you are looking for forest creepy, not generic creepy.

Yeah I agree with this list, I think ima go with this but Avery instead of Grizzly even though he's an Eagle I really love him but his colouring sort of fits,

Ah I had that path in my old town it's pretty, right now I've got clovers and stepping stones, the ore idea us really good I like that. Not sure how to get mushrooms though, loving the fairy ring idea

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah my mayor is like a nature witch and my other is a childish clumsy witch c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah ive been doing this with the trees, I love the dead look! Working on hybrids and I agree with the bright colours- good thing I don't like bright colours haha, I'll pm you when I get a chance!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah not so sure about olaf haha, grizzly and tabby are cute though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I agree with this list, I think ima go with this but Avery instead of Grizzly even though he's an Eagle I really love him but his colouring sort of fits,

If you like Avery's coloring then maybe you'd also like how Clay the Hamster looks. Even though you'd NEVER find a hamster out in a forest. lol
But I feel like their designs compare in a tiny way.
I also think Kiki would be a really great fit in your town.
Good luck finding everything else! ^-^

Okay, so here are some paths I found, I dunno who the original creator is but feel free to use them or don't

tumblr_niupp2Laq71u827e6o1_250.jpg627[/ATTACH]
tumblr_nddon7jVPG1td2ph3o3_400.jpg

tumblr_niupp2Laq71u827e6o1_250.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the terrible quality

Attachments

• tumblr_o1owanyVfX1sw6j9bo7_r1_250.jpg
    tumblr_o1owanyVfX1sw6j9bo7_r1_250.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 30
  • tumblr_nfb45sRec51s07xjmo6_250.jpg
    tumblr_nfb45sRec51s07xjmo6_250.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I was gonna suggest having a hansel and gretel theme lol
Have your mayor as the witch with sweets set as the exterior and interior house and have player 2 and 3 be hansel and gretel.
But you already have better ideas to pick lol

I don't really like the sweets stuff but was gonna make my childish witch have some maybe

Back