• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Custom codes deleting

Breemoix

Bells
Hello!
I visited a dream and saw that someone was able to build their inclines ans buildings on custom coded pathways without them removing. Is that a glitch or something only visible during dreams? Everytime I put down an incline or building, it removes the custom design underneath it (which I know is normal). I just wondered if there are any tricks to making it so that they don't disappear?

It’s probably a hack or a mod maybe. If you use the island designer app, you can get the designs quite close but not underneath

It’s probably a hack or a mod maybe. If you use the island designer app, you can get the designs quite close but not underneath
I feel like it definitely isn't a mod. The person's island is not with any magical fun things. But I'm wondering what the hack is if there is one. How do you use the designer app? I mean, I have it on my Nookphone. Do I just do the "apply to ground" and hope for the best? Is this before or after the incline has been built?

I feel like it definitely isn't a mod. The person's island is not with any magical fun things. But I'm wondering what the hack is if there is one. How do you use the designer app? I mean, I have it on my Nookphone. Do I just do the "apply to ground" and hope for the best? Is this before or after the incline has been built?
Have you placed pathways before? There’s a custom design pathway placer you can buy with nook miles, and you can place custom designs using that. You have to do it once the incline is already built I think.

Have you placed pathways before? There’s a custom design pathway placer you can buy with nook miles, and you can place custom designs using that. You have to do it once the incline is already built I think.
I think so, I've been playing for years now. I think im confused what you're referring to as the pathway placer. Usually, I open up construction and then use the custom design from there (it's listed with the other pathways that are default). Is that what you're referring to? I know another way is, instead of opening construction, you can open the app on the phone and place on ground. So please, just let me know the steps because id really like to get it close

I think im confused what you're referring to as the pathway placer. Usually, I open up construction and then use the custom design from there (it's listed with the other pathways that are default). Is that what you're referring to? I know another way is, instead of opening construction, you can open the app on the phone and place on ground. So please, just let me know the steps because id really like to get it close
The construction app contains an upgrade option where you can use a custom design as a pathway, which you already bought. When Doo talked about the “custom design pathway placer”, she was referring to that upgrade. I hope I made myself clear.

The construction app contains an upgrade option where you can use a custom design as a pathway, which you already bought. When Doo talked about the “custom design pathway placer”, she was referring to that upgrade. I hope I made myself clear.
Oh okay! Thank you! So how do I go about making my custom design close? I'm currently about to place Able's down. Can I do so first? Then try and put pathway design?

Sorry, I didn’t describe that very well. You can just place the custom design pathway slightly underneath the doorstep of certain buildings, as you can see in this random photo I found online:
IMG_5333.jpeg

Sorry, I didn’t describe that very well. You can just place the custom design pathway slightly underneath the doorstep of certain buildings, as you can see in this random photo I found online:
View attachment 557709
No need to apologize! Yes that's exactly what I want to do. How do I do that? Like, is there a trick to where you step or face to get it close like that?

No need to apologize! Yes that's exactly what I want to do. How do I do that? Like, is there a trick to where you step or face to get it close like that?
I don’t think it’s possible if you don’t specifically use the construction app to place the designs, but you just need to stand facing the square you want the design to go on. Perhaps come at it from the side so you don’t end up going through a door, but I think it’s an intentional part of the game so it shouldn’t be difficult 🙂

I don’t think it’s possible if you don’t specifically use the construction app to place the designs, but you just need to stand facing the square you want the design to go on. Perhaps come at it from the side so you don’t end up going through a door, but I think it’s an intentional part of the game so it shouldn’t be difficult 🙂
Okay, I will try that! Thank you so much! I also had one more question- I know there's a hack for planting trees on the edge of a cliff (I've done that before), but is there also a trick for planting trees on the ground? I know normally you need like a 3x3 plot to plant a tree, otherwise it won't let you. Is there a trick so that it does? Because, most of the 3x3 is free, but there's the edge of Able's and it won't let me..however, if I move the building and plant it, then when I move the building back, it removes the tree. I know it's possible though because I've seen it done. I'm wondering, how did they plant a tree there in front of the building?

Okay, I will try that! Thank you so much! I also had one more question- I know there's a hack for planting trees on the edge of a cliff (I've done that before), but is there also a trick for planting trees on the ground? I know normally you need like a 3x3 plot to plant a tree, otherwise it won't let you. Is there a trick so that it does? Because, most of the 3x3 is free, but there's the edge of Able's and it won't let me..however, if I move the building and plant it, then when I move the building back, it removes the tree. I know it's possible though because I've seen it done. I'm wondering, how did they plant a tree there in front of the building?
I don’t know about the trees, sorry

It's okay, maybe someone else does. I finally got the pattern underneath yay! Thank you so much for your help! I saw someone do the same with an incline, but it won't let me do it there :( How do you do it with inclines?

It's okay, maybe someone else does. I finally got the pattern underneath yay! Thank you so much for your help! I saw someone do the same with an incline, but it won't let me do it there :( How do you do it with inclines?
i dont think there’s a legitimate way of doing it, this is as close as I’ve ever seen:
IMG_5334.jpeg

I know there's a hack for planting trees on the edge of a cliff (I've done that before), but is there also a trick for planting trees on the ground? I know normally you need like a 3x3 plot to plant a tree, otherwise it won't let you. Is there a trick so that it does? Because, most of the 3x3 is free, but there's the edge of Able's and it won't let me..however, if I move the building and plant it, then when I move the building back, it removes the tree. I know it's possible though because I've seen it done. I'm wondering, how did they plant a tree there in front of the building?
I wanna clarify something, where was the tree placed? Right next to the store, in front of the display window, or somewhere else…? Or can you provide a visual of what it looks like?

I wanna clarify something, where was the tree placed? Right next to the store, in front of the display window, or somewhere else…? Or can you provide a visual of what it looks like?
IMG_3420.jpeg

Literally 2 squares in front of the store. When I dig there, it just says I can't plant it
Post automatically merged:

i dont think there’s a legitimate way of doing it, this is as close as I’ve ever seen
IMG_3422.jpeg

It's amazing how they got their path to go right up to their incline. Mine has that gap of grass and I can't do the trick like with Able's.

View attachment 557720

Literally 2 squares in front of the store. When I dig there, it just says I can't plant it
I was able to (almost) recreate the photo.
IMG_0765.jpeg

I dunno how to explain it, but how I did it is that I dug four holes on the ground in front of the display window. On the bottom left hole I planted a tree. On the top left and the bottom right holes I planted bushes, and the last hole I left it as it is for the sake of it. You can close the hole and use the space to display small furniture like the triangular topiary in the screenshot or the fire hydrant I placed for testing.

in terms of the tree, i was able to plant a tree in front of ables
1714439610635.png

although i can't really test the custom designs with any inclines because i only have the natural ramp so i can't really tell if the gap of grass is from the ramp or not 🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️

Wow!! Okay, maybe it's just me then hahaha you guys prove me wrong. I'll try Bobrock's method to see if I can too!

How did you do it @himekirako ? Just wondering if it's a different method

How did you do it @himekirako ? Just wondering if it's a different method
i just dug up the spot and was able to plant the tree as simple as that :0 !!
i was worried it wouldn't let me so i used a stunted medium tree but since that worked, i also tried with the fully grown one and they both worked out!

Back