• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Cryptid Creek (Melon Ballers and Poliwags Cabins)

2021081916243800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Pirate Minotarrrrrrgh
Behaviors: Aggressive, from the scowl around his eye patch to the hilt of his hammer... amazingly at home both in his dimly lit underground maze and the open sea.
Size: 10 ft of pure avastness
Habitat: Underground mazes and the Mediterranean

Expedition Notes: Captain Wolf's Journal, Day 945.... it was a cold November as I followed the dark, blood-thirsty ship "The Pride o' Crete" from its latest dasterdly scavenging off the bones of plundered galleons all the way to the port of Heraklion. Watching from the shadows as the crew unloaded the riches, the Pirate Minotarrrrrrgh crashed his way down the gangway to a waiting wagon, shouting commands like a hurricane blowing through port. Following as quietly as I could, I came to a massive entrance to the underground domain the massive half man, half bull. I watched as the crew unloaded the beast's treasure underground to one of a thousand storerooms, and followed behind with my greed overriding logic. And there, in that room, is where I made my fatal mistake, tripping on a rock and causing my presence to be know. It's been 3 years now running from tunnel to tunnel with my tormenter bellowing behind me, will I ever see the sun again...?

=Island Map
2021081916281900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Screenshot:
Internet_20210820_120813_1.jpeg

Name:
Giant Sun Baskerlisk
Behaviors: Rumored to have been seen basking in the hot desert sun, many claim the beast is a figment conjured by lost and dehydrated travellers.
Size: Much smaller than I imagined. Barely looks 5 feet tall (~150 cm).
Habitat: Desert oasis/oases
Expedition Notes:
Day 47: On my search for a water source, I've discovered one of the only places flourishing with life, and with it, what must be the mythical sun baskerlisk, standing over 12 feet tall (~3.7 m). It looks a lot smaller in person... Maybe it will look taller when it stands up. I'm going to follow it for observation.

Day 50: The baskerlisk has not moved, not even at night. It appears to have harvested a stockpile of food to sustain it for some time. If I could get just a glimpse of it at it's full height...

Day 54: Still hasn't moved. I'm leaving.

Island Map (proof):
Internet_20210820_120813_2.jpeg

898-BC885-2404-41-DD-8-F0-C-3-A596-FA51-EFD.jpg
Name
: Crunching Critter
Behaviors: Quite loud, constantly eating
Size: 3 ft tall
Habitat: Forest

Expedition Notes:
After hearing crunching noises just outside my tent for a while, I finally decided to take a peek to see who or what could be running across my camp area so often. To my surprise, it wasn't the sound of leaves crunching - but my food being scattered and crunched on by this small, blue creature! It appears to be harmless; we'd made eye contact several times and it seems it is only after the snacks (especially those sweets) in my basket. I haven't tried to take the food away, but I don't think I will.
A581-AF26-5-B71-48-A0-9-BFB-0-A2-E5-CF869-C8.jpg

3-B43458-E-6-F9-A-44-C2-8-C5-F-BB1-C4723-D927.jpg

Name: Great Froggy Fairy
Behaviors: Asking for bells to regain powers
Size: 4 ft
Habitat: Wisteria Mountain
Expedition Notes:
After hearing rumors of the Great Froggy Fairy, I set out to go look for her. I've traveled islands to islands and finally found her on Wisteria Mountain. As I approached, she told me that she had lost her powers due to not having travelers offering bells anymore. In order to regain back her powers, she asked for 10,000 bells which I luckily had on me and gave her whatever I had. In exchanged, she gave me a cherry.
15-A03-D38-6885-45-B6-8433-BDAC7-B1960-E9.jpg

E9MOJogVIAQlN34.jpeg

Name: The Cabin Feeder
Behaviors: Aggressive and cunning, has a palate for villagers, possibly repelled by bright objects
Size: Estimated around 4-5 feet tall
Habitat: The deep woodlands
Expedition Notes:
Exploring the woods can be exhuasting and stomach-churning, so when I came across an unassuming little hut with the words "WELCOME : - ) FЯEE FOOD FOЯ ALL CAMPEЯZ : - )" clawed into the entrance, I was just too starved to question anything suspicious! I hurried to creak the door open and was greeted with bits and pieces of candy outlining my path ahead, just for me?! As I tread deeper into the darkness, I tripped over what could've been someone's backpack, managed to knock my head over a lamp, pointing it straight into the direction of...that thing, 'twas no pretty sight. As it basked in the light it shrieked like a banshee, that was my queue to escape this hellhole, and when I mustered up the courage to look back where I came from, what was once standing had now vanished into thin air, perhaps to reappear again for another unfortunate soul...well how lucky am I to live to tell the tale!
It seems to be a highly sophisticated creature with a habitat crafted to be the perfect bait to lure in novice campgoers, simutaneously being used as its own personal space/feeding ground.

E9MOJpgVoAUuisq.jpeg

2021082002294100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Living Artifact(?)
Behaviors: Quiet, slightly menacing, a little clumsy.
Size: I'd say around 100 cm
Habitat: Mountains
Expedition Notes: I couldn't sleep, so even though my cabin's in the woodlands area right now, I walked up to the mountain viewing area to chart some stars. I've heard rumors that there used to be an ancient ruin atop the mountain but I didn't believe them... Until now. I could've sworn I saw something moving in the corner of my eye around the fenced off area, but put it off until I heard a small clunk. Unnerved beyond belief, I gathered up my resolve to then see what looked like a small, clay sculpture slowly making its way through the jagged rocks... A little less than gracefully. It wasn't the most stealthy of creatures, but not knowing what its true nature was, I hastily made my way back down the mountain, only with my camera and starkeeping journal in hand.

Was it a haunted relic? Or a living statue? I couldn't tell you. Unless someone really wants to go the fenced-off area, I suppose it'll remain a mystery.

Island Map (proof):
2021082002310800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Screenshot:
E9QE4m_VcAMglyN.jpg

Name: Miss Two-Feet-Tall
Behaviors: Tracking, Trap-setting, Corners its targets
Size: Smol
Habitat: False Alleyway (Urban)
Expedition Notes: I was tricked into entering a dark alley by the alluring glow of a vending machine... After making and consuming my purchase I made my way towards the garbage container behind the machine, only to notice strange writing on the ground demanding that I "turn around." I then heard the creature's sinister call of "nice... nice... nice..." and realized that I was trapped. The only thing I could think to do was hurl my empty soda can at the creature and then shut my eyes and sprint towards the exit, arms flailing wildly, which allowed me to escape unharmed. Only after looking back did I realize that the alley had disappeared as soon as I left it.
E9QJJjsVIAI2GxZ.jpg

9C7B5C22-ECCA-401B-8F49-787DBC451EAB.jpeg

Name: scaredy bear
Behaviors: whimpering and shaking
Size: about 2 ft tall
Habitat: local campsites
Expedition Notes: i was on the way to my local campsite to camp out for a bit. i suddenly heard an unusual whimpering sound coming from behind the trees. there i saw! the scaredy bear! i was so shocked to actually witness him in person. i tried befriending him but no luck. he was very scared of me and started shaking at just the sight of me. i decided to leave him alone and continue my camping trip.
Island Map (proof):
ignore how ugly my map is LOL
7F2171E4-42D3-4C6B-A75A-5ADA6C9704D3.jpeg

CB00CBA4-C26D-4669-8531-01744322372E.jpeg

Name: Bublé Bogeyman
Behaviors: Breaks out in silky smooth singing and dance, causing others to do so as-well uncontrollably
Size: 5' 10"
Habitat: Magical forests and rare sightings at jazz concerts.
Expedition Notes: I was simply walking around my favorite magical forest when I heard something in the distance. "When marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway." I was confused by the sound. Was there another human? I went closer to the music and silky smooth voice only to see a unicorn-type creature dancing!
"Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore." I felt a twitch, and urge to dance. "Hold me close, sway me more." Before I could cover my ears I was suddenly dancing!
A7BA295F-324F-4A21-AEE3-05FB74318BF0.jpeg

4383BF6D-6C01-43BD-9350-50FC8BC8CC90.jpeg
Name: The Ghost Hippo
Behaviors: Drifting by the lake on rainy nights, mournful gazing, whispering unintelligible phrases about marshes past
Size: 6 feet 9 inches, 340 pounds in life and 0.72 pounds in death
Habitat: The rainy marsh
Expedition Notes: Half fearful and half excited, I pitched a tent beside the haunted bog, across from an abandoned pumpkin patch. Some say no farmers last long here, once they hear……the noises. At first I thought it was only the howling of the storm, but then the notes of an eerie song emerged. When her enormous blue snout drifted out from the forest, I nearly let out a shout. But she passed on unaware, the hem of her nightgown never snagging so much as a stray branch, carrying some secret grief long forgotten to the rest of her world.
Island Map (proof):

F0337606-E1C9-4AD0-8DE2-D8AC0C83FFB3.jpeg

nuNqXiT.jpg

Name: Stare Bear
Behaviors: Lonesome behavior involving staring longely at campsites
Size: 2.4 meters
Habitat: The woods behind campsites at Camp Bell Tree
Expedition Notes:
I first saw this creature staring at me while sitting by the fire at the Poliwag campground while enjoying the sound of crickets and the night sky above. At first glance, I was a bit shocked to see a 2.4 meter bear staring back at me from the woods beyond the campground, but as I looked closer into it's eyes, I saw it had no intention of harm. The eyes portrayed a sense of dejection and a longing for company, like it had spent countless days and nights throughout the years in solitude. Perhaps this creature only wanted to enjoy the company of another; to sit by the fire as one of us and enjoy the night sky and lull of the crickets in silence, but not alone for once in its life.
NFfXuRx.jpg

20210820_235743.jpg

Name: Clay Walker
Behaviors: Walking the desert to find bugs who need some love, eating snacks, and sleeping next to a campfire.
Size: 3.5 meters
Habitat: The desert
Expedition Notes:
After 2 years of searching, I've finally discovered the legendary Hamster who was said to be searching for bugs after moon rise.

Upon meeting Clay I asked him why he searches for bugs in the desert and this is what he said. "Everyone deserves some love, and these insects aren't loved, so I want to give them what they lack".

It's been a year since I've met the hamster, and now we have a legendary country singer named after our little friend.

20210820_235746.jpg

2021082103350100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: game-o-grizzly
Behaviors: eccentric and confusing
Size: about 8 feets... so he says
Habitat: deep in the forest
Expedition Notes: wandering in the forest, I heard a boisterous voice calling and decided to check it out. it turned out to be a bear(?) who claimed to be preparing for his star game show debut. he then forced me into playing many incomprehensible games that strangely enough, not even he seemed to know his own rules to, though his overconfident actions betrayed that idea. after some time playing(?), he told me to choose a tree to claim the prize behind. after selecting one, and claiming its contents (some berries... unknown if safe for eating), he lifted his game(?) materials over his head and jotted off deep into the forest, fast enough to seem as if he was never there to begin with
2021082103414300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

uBvLyq4.jpg

Name: The Fallen Princess
Behaviors: Lurks in the darkness trying to find a prey to smother in toxic kisses.
Size: About 1 foot
Habitat: Swamps and ruins
Expedition Notes: I've heard rumors of a very special creature living in the ruins I was supposed to explore but didn't really believe them.
Everything went fine until about a week of sleeping next to the ruins. I got woken up by very loud and obnoxious smooching sounds. I looked around and didn't see much until I heard the sounds get closer... and then I saw it... I saw its bright pink lips glowing in the dark night. It came with an horrible moldy smell, I took my bag with me and ran as far as possible... sadly I couldn't take any pictures so who would believe me...
Island Map (proof):
ongTaZy.jpg

676D5779-8C76-4C7A-B261-1DA1D2AF66B4.jpeg

Name: Out of this World Squirrel
Behaviors: Energetic, nocturnal, screams a lot
Size: 3 feet 6 inches (3’6’’)
Habitat: Anywhere with some bushes to rest in, but primarily forests.
Expedition Notes: After seeing mysterious lights in the sky, I couldn’t help but follow them. To my surprise, I found a UFO outside of a small forest. As I went in for a closer inspection, I found a small creature! He was running around and yelling something, but I could never understand what it was. Every day I came and watched him for a few hours, examining that he only sleeps during the day. He usually sleeps in bushes. As for the night, he is always running around and playing. He is very noisy, but the language of what he is speaking is unclear to me. I would have more information, but yesterday he found me and chased me away! For such a small creature, he runs extremely fast.

7BB1A8BE-FE00-4B31-A5CB-A8AAF4C29BBE.jpeg

20210821_184342.jpg

Name: Mrs. Duchess Dejanira del Poggio
Behaviors: Melancholic, contemplative
Size: 170 cm
Habitat: abandoned palace
Expedition Notes: I had been investigating and admiring the treasures those walls had hidden for so long when a cold breeze caressed my skin and moved the curtains. There I saw her. The soft sunlight gave her a subtle glow and as she was staring outside, I couldn't tell what either of us were feeling.
20210821_185105.jpg

Screenshot:
2021081822250200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: creature in disguise
Behaviors: mischievous, decieving
Size: Average human size
Habitat: Forest
Expedition Notes: while on my way to my grandma's house, I stumbled across someone or something that looks like her. It's dressed like her andthe same height, but there's something off. I then remember these creatures being on the news; they take on the appearance of your loved ones and will eat you after you've fallen victim. Good thing I watched the news. I should turn back and visit grandma another day....

Island Map (proof):
2021081822324200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

E9MWjNLVkAE4Nsb

Name: Dropbear
Behaviors: Hostile and aggressive
Size: 1.5m
Habitat: Bush
Expedition Notes: While this creature may give off an innocent look, she is not to be messed with. Identical to the innocent loveable Koala, the Dropbear has large canines that can glide through flesh. Hiding within the trees, they target their pray by dropping down onto them, and attacking from behind. As we can see here, there are toys floating nearby her territory, possibly from her younger victims…
Island Map (proof):

Last edited:
E9W8CUjVIAoW_I5
Name: The Bringer of Lightning
Behaviors: Chaotic, destructive, indiscriminate.
Size: About 3 feet
Habitat: Swamp
Expedition Notes: I ventured out into the swamp to investigate strange lights coming from within during a rainstorm. Imagine my surprise to see that they were fires started amongst the leaf litter that the rain did not seem to be able to quench. Upon further investigation I could hear a strange guttural chanting in the distance; what I found defies all logic and reason. A creature, vaguely squirrel-like in appearance, was nestled among the trees and seemed to be in control of the lightning strikes around it. I high-tailed it out of the there before I became just another burning pile of rubble on the ground, but not before taking a quick photo as proof.

Island Map (proof):
E9W8CU9VgAIHRc3

Back